Coral Vue Hydros

Qwiksilver711's BC14

qwiksilver711

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qwiksilver711
took about a week for my diatoms to start popping up

oh, when the diatoms come that means it has started?

marinebiologist

it already started with the ammonia going up but when the diatoms are starting to dissapear you will get an algae bloom and thats when you add the cuc then wait a while then you can add live stock.

qwiksilver711
it already started with the ammonia going up but when the diatoms are starting to dissapear you will get an algae bloom and thats when you add the cuc then wait a while then you can add live stock.

the ammonia is back at 0 or close to it. will it go up again?

qwiksilver711

when i got home today, I turned my lights on and looked at my tank, near the sandbed there was a piece of rock with a hole in it, and a tube/tentacle sticking out of it, and when i shined my flashlight on it it retracted all the way into the rock, so i couldnt get pics. it was about 2 inches long, and clear. I'll see if I can get pics tonight.

feather duster. very cool hitchhiker.

here is what you should do for the cycle:

1. When diatoms/algae come, and parameters are good, get a CUC

2.Once most/all diatoms/algae are gone, then get a small coral frag.

3. if that surrvives a week, get a few more. mabey a fish depending on water parameters

4. after a few weeks with coral, get a fish or large invert (shrimp, crab, etc)

5. Continue adding things until tank wins TOTM

6. keep adding more

7. and more

8. and more

9. and more

10. and more

11. and more stuff

12. i think you get the point

qwiksilver711
i need pics to be exact. it could also be a barnicle

I got one pic but it kinda sucks, let me work on it later tonight.

qwiksilver711
ant wait to see more pics.

grrr, seems like he is tucked away for the night, I'll try tomorrow. I did get my maxi-jet 900 and my hydor flo rotating deflector in the mail today! I love the hydor flo, but I really need to get a power head in there this week, the hydor flo cuts down on the flow a ton!

qwiksilver711

ok, whatever that worm thing is, all I have seen of it is a worm tentacle thing. it moved into the sandbed, so I doubt I'll ever find it again.

qwiksilver711

ha! a flashlight, coffee and patience pays off! here are some pics, they are the best I could get. worm is circled

worm1.jpg

worm2.jpg

clownfish617
feather duster. very cool hitchhiker.

here is what you should do for the cycle:

1. When diatoms/algae come, and parameters are good, get a CUC

2.Once most/all diatoms/algae are gone, then get a small coral frag.

3. if that surrvives a week, get a few more. mabey a fish depending on water parameters

4. after a few weeks with coral, get a fish or large invert (shrimp, crab, etc)

5. Continue adding things until tank wins TOTM

6. keep adding more

7. and more

8. and more

9. and more

10. and more

11. and more stuff

12. i think you get the point

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

but you forgot 1 thing, UPGRADEEEEE after TOTM ;)

qwiksilver711
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

but you forgot 1 thing, UPGRADEEEEE after TOTM ;)

how bout before TOTM? I've been thinking about a 2 ft square cube

qwiksilver711
:o

you lie!

nah, I've been researchin it a bit on this site. I would like to find out more information, and a decent supplier of starphire glass, I was thinkin of having two panels blacked out, and the other two starphire glass, with one panel drilled on the back for a sump, I would make a cabnet in my garage, I've been working on designing everything in a drafting program I have. I would like to use leds to light the thing, so it will be awhile before its possible. I'm thinkin the setup would be around 2500 before rock and sand and livestock, so I'll have to buy it piece at a time so my wife doesn't know how much I spent on it. But I would like to do it, and I am going to do it, it just might be a year or so before I do.

Archived