Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Qwiksilver711's BC14

qwiksilver711

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qwiksilver711
updates?

update... i think i need more snails, i have 2 astreas and 2 nass... do you guys think i need more snails? also, do you guys think it has been long enough that i could put a firefish in?

get water checked again, and i say 2 more astreas and 1 more nassasaurus. if results are good from the test, i say go for it

qwiksilver711
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i agree

i'll do a water test in the mornin and then add a firefish if everything is ok. sorry for not being on as much as i used to. my grandmother died recently, and she was like am other to me, and its really affected me more than i thought it would.

and i got world of warcraft, and love it.

wow im sorry about your grandmother man :( i hope you and your family gets through it okay. but ive been following your tank and its progressing nicely! i cant wait to see it full of coral and fish. and dont spend too much time on WoW... ;)

marinebiologist
i'll do a water test in the mornin and then add a firefish if everything is ok. sorry for not being on as much as i used to. my grandmother died recently, and she was like am other to me, and its really affected me more than i thought it would.

and i got world of warcraft, and love it.

Sorry about your grandma man :( i know how you feel, mine died a couple days before christmas eve.

qwiksilver711

i'm doing a water test now, and then i'm off to the LFS (its an hour drive from me!) anyway, they may not have firefishes, so anybody got any other suggestions for first fish for me to possibly get?

qwiksilver711

update...

got 2 more astreas, and a few bumblebee snails. one helfrich firefish (which immediately hid, and haven't seen him since) and one skunk cleaner shrimp

oh, I'm having a problem with hair algae... would now be a good time to install my protien skimmer?

edit: dont drink and spell... use firefox instead

qwiksilver711
I was under the imptession bumblee bee snails weren't reef safe?

Everything else looks great any way.

bumblebee snails seem to be like crabs... some say good, and some say bad. if i catch them munchin on corals when i get em, they go bye bye

do you guys think the protein skimmer is a good idea?

qwiksilver711
yeah, get one of those nano ones for like $30

already have one, just been sittin waitin for the right time to install... i'll do it now

srry about your grandma :(

congrats on your fish, however that is a purple firefish, not a helfrichi firefish. they are usually worth $120-$150, and i hope the LFS didnt fraud you. but it looks great!

can we see an FTS plz.

qwiksilver711
srry about your grandma :(

congrats on your fish, however that is a purple firefish, not a helfrichi firefish. they are usually worth $120-$150, and i hope the LFS didnt fraud you. but it looks great!

can we see an FTS plz.

i didn't get jacked, my LFS didn't even know what it was, so it was a miscatogorization on my part. I'll get a FTS later today, i need to clean the glass first.

Archived