inTank Media Baskets

Qwiksilver711's BC14

qwiksilver711

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qwiksilver711
have you gotten your diatoms yet? if not you need to wait longer.

ok, i just didnt know how long i had to wait before i saw somethin, ill wait awhile longer. I was just scared i messed up

qwiksilver711
hows it going?

just got back from a 1700 mile road trip, where I didnt sleep since friday when i got up for work. But there is some hairlike algae growing everywhere. but the hairs are all very short. Ill get a pick in a few hours but as I have been running on no sleep in the last 60 hours or so, and have been driving almost all of of that, I need some sleep before I usie camera. nite nite nano friens. I'll be back in a couple hours

qwiksilver711

ok

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 0

SG 1.026

PH 8.0

temp 79

DSC04644.jpg

what do I do now? wait awhile more? my tank is becoming covered in that hair algae looking stuff you can see it on the rocks in the pic.

Should I maybe do a water change?

qwiksilver711
CUC!!! get a few hermits, snails, and sandsifters like nassasaurus snails.

ok, i'll have to do that this week sometime, would it be bad if I were to wait till friday to get a cuc? I could get a few tuesday, but it would be till friday till I could get the rest.

qwiksilver711
it will be fine, just algae will grow more

ok, theres not a ton in there rite now, so i'll let it grow a bit so the CUC doesnt starve

qwiksilver711

i'm going to go to my LFS and get a clean up crew on sunday! how long do I let them work before I can add a firefish?

i added coral first, they are more hardy imo. but firefish are very hardy too. one of mine has surrived 3 cases of ich, and i did nothing about it cuz back then i was an irresponsible jerk who didnt care about his tank. but i have changed

qwiksilver711
yeah, id wait a week or 2

cool, I'll add a cuc this week and then find some more patience somewhere lol. I have hair algae completley taking ofver my tank...

holy cow, as I write i'm watchin my live rock bubble... whats up with that?

qwiksilver711
bubble algae maybe?

i was speaking of like air bubbles....

this might be bubble algae, let me know what you think, its in the center rock in the pic, on the right side of the rock.

DSC04648.jpg

this is a current FTS

DSC04650.jpg

marinebiologist

I don't know. Man I wish my rockwork looked like yours. Do you think I should rescape mine?

qwiksilver711
I don't know. Man I wish my rockwork looked like yours. Do you think I should rescape mine?

rescaping could cause a mini cycle. your rockwork is pretty awesome ya know! i worry about mine, cuz its basically got only 2 levels, the top of the rock, and the sandbed. so i worry about how many corals I can keep

qwiksilver711

got a small clean up crew today, 5 hermits, and 2 astrea snails, and 2 nass snails, and a piece of purple coraline algae... pics later

Archived