inTank Media Baskets

Qwiksilver711's BC14

qwiksilver711

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coral indeed! i think in a few weeks, I'll get a watchman/pistol pair, and then start stocking with zoas... any recommendations on where to buy this watchman/pistol? i would prefer to buy paired instead of separately, and i have never order on line

I have a Yasha Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair in my tank. I ordered them from Reef Hot Spot. I think they are on sale right now.

zoas, like nuke greens and 1 other. ricordia.... and i dunno wut else

that will be fine. you can add many zoas and rics at the same time. very hardy species

qwiksilver711
What protein skimmer are you using?

the oceanic skimmer made for the biocube, but its not working properly, i have no skimmate and no bubbles coming outta the airstone, the tube isnt blocked.... maybe a new stone?

qwiksilver711

huge news!!! during feeding time today I had a chance to observe my tank for around an hour. I counted 3 brittle stars, 2 feather dusters! one bristle worm.

But on the other hand I think I've got cyano, and I spotted a few majano anemone, i plucked the rocks they were on out of the tank, so i think if I keep at it i wont have a problem. I also plucked what I could of the cyano out, what is a good way to deal with the cyano?

i got a thing called chemie-clean. it took away my cyano. also chemie-pure will help also. get them both, cuz the chemie pure will help get rid of the nitrates once the cyano dies. i learned that the hared way, the cyano died and started a cycle again.

• 3 weeks later...
qwiksilver711
hows the tank?

Exactly the same, found a bristle worm tho, and a few of what i think are very small starfish. but im paid on commission and the recession has hit my industry hard. i'm lucky to feed my family right now, so i cant even dream of corals yet

qwiksilver711

got slammed at work today, ended up workin a 14 hour day, i'm hoping this will last for two weeks so i can get some coral

qwiksilver711
omgomgomg we are 2 weeks backed up now! hopefully some of that comes my way, there is 8 other techs in the shop, so its up to neptune now
  • 2 weeks later...
qwiksilver711

So i ended up with 80 hours worth of pay, which is tremendously better than the 20 i have been gettign, so i think i'll have 50$ for coral this week... so i'm hoping i can find something half decent at my lfs

qwiksilver711
omgomgomg omgomgomg Picked up some zoas!, and a yellow clown goby, pics when they open up! omgomgomg omgomgomg
qwiksilver711

DSC05113.jpg

DSC05116.jpg

DSC05128.jpg

paid 45 for this, theres 3 different zoas on it tho.

DSC05121.jpg

he was only 10... and he has made friends with a hermit crab... earlier he was laying on him

qwiksilver711
looks great!!

my goby is quite timid... doesn't ever really swim around the tank like the firefish. but when he attempts it my wife says the firefish nips at him... i've never seen it myself. are all gobys like that?

Archived