Pod Your Reef

Rare and nice corals, and fish!

weeber

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really curious now too. And Solen is the genus for razor clams. I'm pretty sure they aren't rare and exciting... other than that, google has failed me.

edit to add: now I'm getting scientific papers, but I have an idea of what it might be... just not what's so exciting about it. Hmmm... if only there were pictures...

edited again to add: holy crap that's the coolest thing ever! Well, second coolest after leafy sea dragons. I'm kind of in awe.

man that is one of my other dream fish and my lfs saw one a a wholesaler a while ago but did not get i because he feared it would be to delicate.

A pair of them? Wow. You really find the most incredible stuff.

If by some miracle you ever ended up with babies I would drop everything to drive out to MI and beg you to sell me one.

But since that's a bit much to hope for, I'll just be jealous from afar. Really awesome find.

Are they more complicated to care for than other pipefish?

I'm hoping to get a pair for the lagoon. I should find out this weekend when and if I will get them.

A pair of them? Wow. You really find the most incredible stuff.

If by some miracle you ever ended up with babies I would drop everything to drive out to MI and beg you to sell me one.

But since that's a bit much to hope for, I'll just be jealous from afar. Really awesome find.

Are they more complicated to care for than other pipefish?

I'm hoping to just get them to live! No one has ever gotten them to live over about 3 or 4 months.

Got it!

Solenostomus paradoxus

A pair!

:mellow: its almost not cool :mellow: ....... there is nothing cool or rare fir da rest of us

I'm hoping to just get them to live! No one has ever gotten them to live over about 3 or 4 months.

Wow three or four months. Good luck with them. After your success with the feather star, I feel like if anyone can get them to live, it will be you.

Yeah, i don't want to be over confident but I felt since I've been having such luck with the feather stars that I'd give these guys a shot.

The other thing is, that it is thought that they have a naturally short life span, so...

Yeah, i don't want to be over confident but I felt since I've been having such luck with the feather stars that I'd give these guys a shot.

The other thing is, that it is thought that they have a naturally short life span, so...

first wow!

second with short life span , what will be the baseline to judge sucsess. 6 months, 2 years. 5years. any ideas?

what will be the gennral stratage. asuming that the tank was mot set up origanally for them, are therre any mods that expect to have to make to your husbandry?

and again WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they may live between 6 months to a year but maybe more. And I won't be modding the tank anything special. I'll just have to have every possible type of food on hand.

I've always wanted one of those! ^^^^^

Hows he behave with small fish and inverts? I just don't want one to eat my shrimp or little fish.

I've always wanted one of those! ^^^^^

Hows he behave with small fish and inverts? I just don't want one to eat my shrimp or little fish.

So far, so good! I have a Tailspot Blenny I worry about though! He's still new, but he keeps in the same cave all the time. No roaming around!

i love the new eel david. :)

:happy: Thanks!!! I love him too! He is a blast to feed!

B)

Archived