TriggerHappy about my Solana Reef

TriggerHappyDude

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriggerHappyDude
A new reefer!!!!!!!

Mom and son are doing well?

Yep, we are back home after scare on Tuesday where his temp was 94, but he's doing good so far now in the 96.9 - 97.4 range, he was 4 weeks early so his body is still building up its defenses.

TriggerHappyDude
Well lets see some pics of the new reefer and the tank! :D

Well, there are no new pics of the tank, haven't had any time to do anything with it, but keeping it maintained, nothing new really except all these snails that constantly climb out, I'm about to have to get rid of them. Its seems its only these big ones, not sure what kind? The other night I left the glass lid off over night and woke up to find like 5 of them on the wood floors, still alive so I put them back in. They are starting to bug.

As for the new reefer...here are a few pics...there are more on my Flickr link in the signature, but these were some cute ones.

Meet Jack Quentin...

3590638512_be0ec522bc.jpg

3589829213_df0d18a9f7.jpg

3590624856_ff800c8a2c.jpg

3590630568_50a962865b.jpg

3590633388_16b86974b2.jpg

3589826669_8442c61299.jpg

He's #1 in our books!

3589805853_aabb09d6b6.jpg

3589803519_65230ce182.jpg

3590600056_ef4867db49.jpg

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Very cute and lot's of hair, my wife thinks ours will have lots to, she always has heartburn lol, he's due this month, very nice tank setup also and sorry about the snails I know that can be frustrating, I was gunna get some myself until I went lid-less on mine.

TriggerHappyDude

I think I'm just going to build me one of those screens from the window screen kits, it seems to do the trick and not look too bad.

nanoreef11
I think I'm just going to build me one of those screens from the window screen kits, it seems to do the trick and not look too bad.

Goodluck. Let us know how it turns out.

I just built a screen top... will snap some pictures tomorrow so you can see how it turned out... May have enough supplies to make a do it your self kit if you are interested you would just have to put it together... there would be no cutting of anything all you would have to do is put it together...

TriggerHappyDude
I just built a screen top... will snap some pictures tomorrow so you can see how it turned out... May have enough supplies to make a do it your self kit if you are interested you would just have to put it together... there would be no cutting of anything all you would have to do is put it together...

Sure show me some pics, I'm really picky at how it has to look, but I want to see how yours turned out!

Sure show me some pics, I'm really picky at how it has to look, but I want to see how yours turned out!

Here are the Pictures

DSC_1121.jpg

My Solana FTS

DSC_1120.jpg

Light Tree Swiveled out of way for Photo Op

DSC_1119.jpg

Custom Solana Net Cover

DSC_1117.jpg

and another picture of the cover

As you can see the net does not cut light... Easy to put together

Lone-Wolf, where did you get the actual screening material? I've seen the frame kit at HD but I prefer the netting that you are using.

Lone-Wolf, where did you get the actual screening material? I've seen the frame kit at HD but I prefer the netting that you are using.

I found it in a box of stuff in my garage must have been with some stuff I won at an auction wish I knew where to get it I have enough for a couple of more screen tops if interested let me know

TriggerHappyDude
Wow check out that hair, Congrats to you and your family new born. Hows everything going!

We doing well, daddy is adjusting to sleep deprivation, but its all worth it to see him everyday!

Hey Trigger. How is that problem with mounting the vortech on the back wall working out? I saw the plastic bag fix you did to keep it dry. Any problems yet? I'm considering that for my solana and could use some advice. By the way, how is the kiddo doing?

TriggerHappyDude
Hey Trigger. How is that problem with mounting the vortech on the back wall working out? I saw the plastic bag fix you did to keep it dry. Any problems yet? I'm considering that for my solana and could use some advice. By the way, how is the kiddo doing?

I sold the dry dock to another reefer here Oklahoma, and he doesn't like it either. He said it restricts the water flow too much. Which I agree. You can mount it in such a way that it sticks up and allows water to flow underneath it but even then its still restricting water flow too much for my liking, and risks overflowing into the box which would ruin the VorTech. I don't use the zip lock bag idea that much, as I just moved the VorTech to the right hand side of the tank for now, don't mind it there. I've been in some discussions over on RC in the Solana Tank Owner's thread, about the different ways to get the VorTech mounted on the back wall in chamber 2 or even 3 has been discussed. I am just not real comfy forcing something that wasn't meant to be mounted in there, especially when its a $400 something (VorTech MP40w).

So for now its on the side and doing fine. As well as Jack Quentin, he's good! Thanks for asking.

Dad is adjusting to sleep deprivation, but doing ok all things considered. He's worth it.

I found it in a box of stuff in my garage must have been with some stuff I won at an auction wish I knew where to get it I have enough for a couple of more screen tops if interested let me know

Lone-Wolf, so are you offering to make one of those for me and ship it at a cost? :)

What are you using to cover the back portion of the tank there?

What color is the frame kit? I think I'd like silver to go with my ATI light fixture.

TriggerHappyDude

Do I have Pods? I'm seeing some little white specks on my glass, some look like they have legs or tentacles very tiny things, others look like fleas or even smaller lice, all white, is this what a Pod is? How would I have gotten them? What can I do about them?

fastandsneaky

might be them, might be hydroids. dont worry they will disappear in time. delayed but congratulations.

Archived