Coral Vue Hydros

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here are some pictures. I'm still working on this picture taking thing because I'm not to good at it! I just did my first water change and scared the cardinals to death with my monster hand so there off in the corner. Once things clear up I'll snap a picture of the entire tank. The yasha is paired up but they are posting up on the back side of the tank!

Hope you guys like the blah pictures :)

Yasha

IMG_1168-vi.jpg

Cardinals

IMG_1172-vi.jpg

IMG_1175-vi.jpg

IMG_1179-vi.jpg

Blue/Green Acro?

IMG_1180-vi.jpg

Red Planet

IMG_1181-vi.jpg

-Dave

If you're having some issues with photography, a lot of the point-and-shoot type digital cameras nowadays have pre-sets that can help with color and lighting. I know that my last two ones (some no-name, and a canon) both had "aquarium" or "under water" settings. These have longer exposure times, but help you get better color and accurate lighting, or if you have a flash, the camera will adjust the color so it isn't so washed out. If you do use one of these settings, you might also want to use a tri-pod so they don't come out blurry (longer exposure = more risk for blurriness).

lakshwadeep

Nice cardinal school! I've been wanting to do that with some eviota or trimma gobies, but it is a challenge for my LFS to stock even one or two of the gobies.

Tank looks great Dave. I bet those schooling Cardinals look great in person. Nice job capturing the majority of the group together in the shots....I know how it can be a pain just capturing a clean and crisp shot of one fish let alone multiples.

You can really get a sense of the size of this tank now with the fish in there and I'm digging the dimensions. It looks like those frags are doing nicely as well. Red Planet is going to be a sweet piece once it starts growing in.

Small update. After 5 days of having the cardinals in the tank I have lost three. All the smallest too. :(

Most of the people on the net say that they are bad shippers but I think 7 out of 10 isnt to bad. I may order around 10 more so I can have around 12-15ish. They are some of the coolest fish I have owned, always schooling, moving around and eat like pigs!

I am getting the frags from pook today so I should have some new pictures tonight or tm.

-Dave

I would say 7 out of 10 isn't bad at all. Sucks to lose fish period but considering they are known to be finicky and rough shippers, I would say that's great. Sounds like the smaller weaker ones just couldn't cope with the changes.

Can't wait to see the goodies you got from Pook. I'm sure they will be pretty amazing.

Yea Adam, I hope I can get a few more! At night they go CRAZY! Everywhere in the tank and just having fun it looks like. I have the around 2600 gph through the tank so I'm sure they are taking it for the ride.

Spanko - Thanks man! I know they are great. I look at it and see it kinda like a FW Amano tank with the neons.

Package is out for delivery! Yahoo!!!

-D

Just mounted all the new stuff. So here's the list for the tank now...

ORA Hawkins

ORA Red Planet

Tyree Purple Monster

ATL Pink Polyp Cap

Montipora Setosa

Purple Bonsai

Lime in the Sky Stag

Purple Digitata

Tubs Purple Polyp Birdsnest

ORA Green Polyp Birdsnest

Blue/Green Tip Acro

Purple Rim Efflo

So far a good start on the tank. I am still looking at getting some UFO micros,Bubblegum Monster Chalice, Dendro and a couple different SPS's.

I should have picture tonight or tm!

-Dave

Dang Dave....quite the collection you have started there. Just had to get a Hawkins and rub it in ;)

Hopefully we can get a trade going in the coming months once I'm able to round out my collection a bit.

Can't wait to see pics of the new goodies.

New pics! These are only with the morning bulbs on. Just these guys shine! Thanks pook for the GREAT frags!

FTS with the little guys swimming around

IMG_0217-vi.jpg

ATL Pink Cap, Purple Bonsai, Lime In The Sky, Blue Acro

IMG_0221-vi.jpg

PM, Red Planet, Setosa, Hawkins, Efflo

IMG_0222-vi.jpg

The 7 Strong!

IMG_0223-vi.jpg

Another blah FTS shows the Purple digi and birdsnest on the left too.

IMG_0225-vi.jpg

I wish I could take better pictures. These colors just POP. Now its time to wait a few months and let these guys grow out. I just ordered the acrylic for the new smaller sump. After that I am going to get everything hard plumbed. My H&S has been kicking into overdrive and pulling some of the most gnarly stuff out.

-Dave

Dave,

Where did you get the apogon parvulus? I've been looking for a place to order some for a while now, and nobody can get me a definitive answer. ...

Madea - A friend of mine works at a LFS. I called him up asking for the longspine/blue eyed cardinals but then said screw it and asked him about the red dot cardinals. Lone and behold they had them on the fish list. I would get some for you but they are horrible shippers from what I have heard. I ordered 15 and only 11 came. One was cashed out and the others were fine. Then through having them in the tank for a week I have 7. These guys look like the better one though out of the other ones that took the plunge. I want to order another 10 so I can have around 14-16... I really love the look of them and dont really mind if that is the only fish I have in the tank!

marvin - Thanks! Wheres that frag of UFO ;)

Gerb - Thanks man! I placed all the corals so they can grow nicely.... I think its going to work out

-Dave

Thanks Lalani. I am too!

Im only planning on adding a few more corals and 10 or so of the red spot cardinals.

Keep checking it out!

-Dave

Madea - A friend of mine works at a LFS. I called him up asking for the longspine/blue eyed cardinals but then said screw it and asked him about the red dot cardinals. Lone and behold they had them on the fish list. I would get some for you but they are horrible shippers from what I have heard. I ordered 15 and only 11 came. One was cashed out and the others were fine. Then through having them in the tank for a week I have 7. These guys look like the better one though out of the other ones that took the plunge. I want to order another 10 so I can have around 14-16... I really love the look of them and dont really mind if that is the only fish I have in the tank!

I know about the shipping problems with these buggers, but I still want.

So where in the country are you located?

Archived