DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pook they seem to be doing fine! I'll let you know

Madea - Im in NC. How about you.

Adam - Thanks man! Check em out!

-Dave

Dave all looks well! Are you sure you are not moving a little fast? I saw that you cured your rocks ,but also notice that you had some diatoms still on your sand. Those sps are going to be having a coral warfare in 3-6 months. A little close imo. Those are some sweet frags. I would just hate for you to move too quickly is all. Adding them all at once is going to be hard to gauge what the alk\calc pull out is going to be. Slow down a bit and let your beautiful frags sprout so to speak. Please keep us posted Good luck !

I think I had a very very very small cycle but only lasted a day. The diatoms are pretty much gone now and all the corals have been responding very well. The polyps have been sticking VERY far and the colors have been changing. I know it seems pretty quick to put all of them in there but I think with this size tank as long as I do water changes I should be fine. Thanks for looking out

Well I was thinking of taking the plunge and buying a vortech but its just a little to much money right now. I would rather buy acrylic to make a new sump and put an american DJ powerstrip in there. Once I get all of that then I will hard plump it. I have some really good ideas for the sump so I am excited for that. After that I may buy a litermeter 3 to dose 2part. because I am making a smaller sump I can fit some extra stuff down below.

My purple monster has been on the change. I received it from a very good friend but it was a little browned out. From the past few days its been taking a purple hue and polyps have been sticking out. I am really excited about this and the setosa.

-Dave

Hey Dave. Finally got the chance to check out your news frags and they look awesome. Didn't expect anything less from Pook but they really do look great. This thing is going to be a killer setup once they start to grow in.

That's great news on the Purple Monster. Make sure to keep playing the Barry White and I'm sure it will be budding and growing in no time.

Between the Hawkins, PM, and Setosa....I might have to sneak up your way and rob your tank :) You have quite the collection started.

There all yours when I get them to grow out!

Ive been really excited with the collection. I think I am going to pick up a frag of UFO's from Marv and then my buddy has my old frag of War Coral ( was 1 inch frag now it 8x8! ) and a frag of purple tip nana. This for me would make me complete besides maybe a frag of Pink Lem down the road ;)

-Dave

Hey Dave. Finally got the chance to check out your news frags and they look awesome. Didn't expect anything less from Pook but they really do look great. This thing is going to be a killer setup once they start to grow in.

That's great news on the Purple Monster. Make sure to keep playing the Barry White and I'm sure it will be budding and growing in no time.

Between the Hawkins, PM, and Setosa....I might have to sneak up your way and rob your tank :) You have quite the collection started.

There all yours when I get them to grow out!

Ive been really excited with the collection. I think I am going to pick up a frag of UFO's from Marv and then my buddy has my old frag of War Coral ( was 1 inch frag now it 8x8! ) and a frag of purple tip nana. This for me would make me complete besides maybe a frag of Pink Lem down the road ;)

-Dave

Sounds like a great plan Dave. Hopefully I can get my hands on the Pink Lemonade in a couple weeks here and then we can set something. The ORA Cali Tort that I have is growing like crazy if you're interested in that as well.

Well a small write up of the tank...

The new frags are all doing very well! The Lime In The Sky is looking great and really starting to color up. This was the one frag I was afraid about because it was looking a little iffy. The Setosa is my favorite one by far. Its like having a glow stick in the tank. My Purple Monster was the Brown Monster from my friend but is starting to get the white polyps and a purple hue to it. Its going to be a great looking coral. My Red Planet is growing like a weed too!

I was going to buy an Vortech but the modded Tunzes are working great. I think I have around 2300-2600 gph through this tank!

My H&S Skimmer is working amazing. If anyone is thinking about buying a new insump skimmer I can HIGHLY recommend this skimmer ( H&S F90-1000 ). Ive been cleaning the cup every two-three days and its pulls this thick slime out. I was thinking about building my own skimmer but this one is working so good I cant really complain.

I thought I lost the Yasha and pistol shrimp but they are out and about now. Looking great. The cardinals are all doing fine now. Ive been feeding them twice a day and they stay very active. I really ant to get another 10 or so but I'm not sure if I will find more.

The best piece of equipment I have bought are my lights. On my last tank I was running Reef Optix 3 pendant with a 250 HQI Phoenix bulb. It was great but ran very hot and I was stuck with that once style of light. Now that I have the ATI Sunpower I am only running 96 watts and still able to grow ANYTHING I want. I can put corals anywhere and the bulb combo I am using is great. The fixture is sleek and quite. My corals have been changing colors in weeks and growing like weeds. I dont have anything close to the top and still things are looking amazing. I will post in a few weeks of a few growth shots. If any one is thinking about trying the ATI fixtures and only find the Powermodule and dont want to shell out 500+ for a 24" fixture get the sunpower! Reefgeek is were I found mine and Greg will take great care of you.

I'll post some more pictures at the end of the week. If anyone has any Q's just ask away!

Do you mind telling me how much your Sunpower was?

I know that ReefGeek has them, but they don't list them on the site, so I have no idea on cost.

I've actually heard that some ppl prefer the Sunpower to the PowerModule.

Awesome Dave. Sounds like everything has settled in already and started to color up and grow. I can't wait to see some updated shots of them later this week.

Glad to hear that you are liking the T-5s as well. It's kind of funny to see how some of the old MH holdouts in the RC SPS forum are slowly coming around to T-5s. In my opinion, a solid T-5 fixture with individual reflectors can easily meet and outperform MHs. With the pretty limitless selection and combination of bulbs, the options are wide open.

Weet - 409 with bulbs. I have to say for the money I think I made the right decision!

Adam - I know. The hardcore MH guys out there will come around.

-Dave

Adam - I know. The hardcore MH guys out there will come around.

-Dave

LOL........I have the best of both worlds. Or at least I'll have the T5's up hopefully soon :lol:

Well an update with no pictures but some new stuff!

Picked up some ORA clownfish not the picasso/snowflake type but the ones that look kinda like it. Mis barred? Only about 1" and the other is 1- 1 /4".

Did a water change and everything is looking great.

-Dave

Thanks baby.

I have already seen growth in it too! Im very excited about this piece.....well my whole tank!

Well I was about to buy a MP20 today and then I saw the post that Ecotech is making something new...maybe a MP10!? If so I would love to get something smaller and put them on both sides.

We will see!

Oh and I got some Pearlberry ;)

-D

maybe a MP10!? I

Oh and I got some Pearlberry ;)

An MP10....now that would be pretty cool. It would be awesome to get two and have them opposing on either side of the tank. Would create some crazy flow for sure.

Since you'll have two Pearlberry frags....just go ahead and pack one up and ship it my way :D

Well looks like I will be saving a few bucks for the MP10. I would really like to get two of them!

Adam - I sent you a PM

Well looks like I will be saving a few bucks for the MP10. I would really like to get two of them!

Adam - I sent you a PM

So is the MP10 going to be a reality? If so, I might have to think about getting one myself and putting it on the other side of my tank. Although, it could end up being overkill :) If it's the size of the picture that I saw, that would be an awesome pump.

How are things in your slice of the reef Dave? Any new growth on the frags that you got recently? Are you still thinking about getting a set of MP10s now that they are going to come out late Spring?

Hope all is well.

Adam - Everything is going great. I lost one of the clownfish but he was looking a little iffy.

The frags are just growing away. My purple bonsai is already basing out. PM is starting to get a real nice purple hue. Its just going awesome and the new pearlberry is looking AWESOME!

Hopefully this stuff will be needed to be fragged soon ;)

How about yours?

-Dave

Oh I also plan on getting a MP10 but if I can figure a way to do a DIY vortech......

:)

Archived