Top Shelf Aquatics

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but why dont you make your previous tank a frag tank??

shahrez

I considered it and may setup a 55 for something like that in the future. I ended up selling the BC29 locally pretty much right after I took it down. Just didn't have the room to store it and just wanted to start fresh with something completely different :)

Looking awesome. I have a few new pictures up of mine.

Tubs and superman :)

-D

Thanks Dave.

The Tubs are sprouting some new heads that have you name on them and the Superman is on the rack waiting to be sent :)

As a number of my corals are carry overs from my BC 29, I wanted to start doing an individual coral highlight...we'll see if anyone likes it and I'll continue based on that. Well I'll probably do it anyways since its cool to look back at how things have progressed with individual colonies.

First up......

Green Pocillopora

• Acquired from NanoPaul in September 2007
  • One of my very first SPS

Shortly after adding....

CRW_6735.jpg

Lots of encrusting....

CRW_6845.jpg

CRW_6845.jpg

Last year...

CRW_6998.jpg

July 2008....T5s Added

CRW_7100.jpg

CRW_7576.jpg

December -- Moved to 20H

_MG_9292.jpg

March

_MG_9489.jpg

April

_MG_9688_web.jpg

May

_MG_0527_web.jpg

• Observations
  • Started out Yellow
  • Took forever to encrust and then start branching
  • Is growing like crazy now and is a vivid green now

airman_verde04
As a number of my corals are carry overs from my BC 29, I wanted to start doing an individual coral highlight...we'll see if anyone likes it and I'll continue based on that. Well I'll probably do it anyways since its cool to look back at how things have progressed with individual colonies.

First up......

Green Pocillopora

• Acquired from NanoPaul in September 2007
  • One of my very first SPS

• Observations
  • Started out Yellow
  • Took forever to encrust and then start branching
  • Is growing like crazy now and is a vivid green now

Very creative Coral-documentary...

Thanks David. The Monti Caps and the other SPS should fun ones to document as well.

I might have to swipe your "Coral-documentary" term for my title :)

Nice looking SPS man. When you feel like clipping let me know.

Thanks for the compliment!! Let me know what you are interested in. I can probably clip the ORA Cali Tort, Green Vermiculata, Red Milli, and Caps.

Pocci is incredible. Amazing how it has encrusted.

Thanks Henry. Encrusting was all it really did for the first year that I had it. Now it must be content because it has been putting on some nice size lately...there is actually a whole other branch starting to form on the back side where it has encrusted. Pretty cool to see it come into it's own lately.

Hey! heading down to Charleston tomorrow (from Aiken). Is there any good stores I should take a look at while down there?!? Thanks for the info!

Happy Birthday, Adam! :happydance:

Wishing you lots of Love, Happiness and many successful years in reef keeping! :)

Thanks for the well wishes Boris. I really appreciate it.

Hey! heading down to Charleston tomorrow (from Aiken). Is there any good stores I should take a look at while down there?!? Thanks for the info!

Well, from what I hear, you guys have some pretty good stores in Aiken so don't be expecting too much in the way of nice LFS stores around here. The best one to check out would probably be Tideline Aquatics. You can check out their site here - Tideline. You can also Google Aquatic Imports and Age of Aquariums if you are looking to do a store tour. Like I said, I mainly just pick up my fish, snails, and the occasional dry goods if I can't wait for shipping. Otherwise, no place around here carries any corals that are really worth anything. All SPS are usually maricultured or wild caught thus making them pretty bland or really expensive. You can occasionally find some nice zoas/palys but it's really hit or miss. That's why I buy all my corals from locals or people on here :)

My wife and parents went in and gave me a Reef Keeper Lite for my birthday :happydance:

Didn't have enough time to mess around with it yesterday before True Blood but have the WHOLE afternoon free to experiment :) Can't wait.

Happy belated birthday!

I have the Reef Keeper Lite all setup now. Literally only took about 20 minutes to unpack, set time/date, and set the controls for the lights and heater/temp probe. It's a sweet little unit for sure. Looking forward to them coming out with the pH unit in the next couple of weeks. I never thought I would get a controller for my tank but I can really see how nice it's going to be to automate and monitor some things without testing. I wouldn't call it a necessity by any stretch, but for $99 you really can't beat it.

I'm going to grab some pictures tomorrow and post up some updated shots. The Setosa and Bonsai have really taken off since the last pictures. Overall things are cruising right along...knock on wood :)

Tank is looking amazing!!! The growth on your SPS in extraordinary!!! Congratz!!! :D

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for stopping by my thread. I'm one of those sneaky people that checks out your thread on a regular basis but rarely posts :ninja: You have an amazing setup as well.

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for stopping by my thread. I'm one of those sneaky people that checks out your thread on a regular basis but rarely posts :ninja: You have an amazing setup as well.

LoLz ... Thank YOU very much ... it was actually your SPS growth sequence thread when you got that Vortech ... that completely convinced me of purchasing one for my tank ... I was tired of having 6-7 powerheads all over ... doing nothing for the tank. Love the wave setting on that thing ... AMAZING!!! :D

PLus I remember the Biocube you had ... that thing was SICK!!!

Excellent growth and color, Adam. I'll be watching your Tyree Bonsai and Pearlberry. Those two have been added to my want list!

it was actually your SPS growth sequence thread when you got that Vortech ... that completely convinced me of purchasing one for my tank ... I was tired of having 6-7 powerheads all over ...

PLus I remember the Biocube you had ... that thing was SICK!!!

Yeah, I remember that thread....I think I was just about as shocked as everyone else at the growth and increase in coloration after moving things from the 29 to this tank. It was quite the change in just over a month and things haven't looked back since.

Excellent growth and color, Adam. I'll be watching your Tyree Bonsai and Pearlberry. Those two have been added to my want list!

Thanks for the compliment. It's a close tie between which corals are my favorite - ORA Cali Tort, Pearlberry, Bonsai, the Setosa are all my favorites right now. I've actually been getting pretty good growth on Setosa, Pearlberry, and Bonsai which I'm really excited about.

Maybe once they've gotten big enough to frag, I can frag you off a piece. The Pearlberry is probably a couple of weeks away from being fraggable :)

Things are sounding great Adam!

I'm picking up a MP20 this week! If you know any local reefers that want to buy a 6055 for 150$ let em know!

Ive got the paint ready for the trade too ;)

The move is coming up close huh? I just did mine last Friday and had one screw up and a big one at that.... my pearlberry :( may be knocking on your door soon. Also what is your bulb combo? I am thinking of switching out my UVI for a another aquablue.

-Dave

Things are sounding great Adam!

I'm picking up a MP20 this week! If you know any local reefers that want to buy a 6055 for 150$ let em know!

Ive got the paint ready for the trade too ;)

The move is coming up close huh? I just did mine last Friday and had one screw up and a big one at that.... my pearlberry :( may be knocking on your door soon. Also what is your bulb combo? I am thinking of switching out my UVI for a another aquablue.

-Dave

Thanks for stopping by Dave...wondered where you ran off to :)

Congrats on the MP20....you are going to LOVE it. I'll post something up on our local forum about the 6055 although I'm sure someone either on here or RC would probably grab it pretty quick.

Yeah, the move is coming up quick...the closer it gets, the more I am starting dread it. I know I'll be prepared but I'm just not looking forward to disturbing things right when they're going great.

What happened to the Pearlberry? Did it fall into something else?

Here is my bulb combo right now. I am actually thinking about switching the UVL for another Aquablue as well.

Back

AquaBlue +

UVL 75/25

AquaBlue Special

AquaBlue +

Front

I had it so that the AquaBlue + (2) and the Aquatek 22k would turn on at the same time but it was really BLUE. I think I like the mix now but really contemplating replacing the UVL with another AquaBlue.

What are you running again?

Archived