Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

Thanks for the compliment. It's a close tie between which corals are my favorite - ORA Cali Tort, Pearlberry, Bonsai, the Setosa are all my favorites right now. I've actually been getting pretty good growth on Setosa, Pearlberry, and Bonsai which I'm really excited about.

Maybe once they've gotten big enough to frag, I can frag you off a piece. The Pearlberry is probably a couple of weeks away from being fraggable :)

I'd take it in a heartbeat. I already fragged my undata if you don't already have one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take it in a heartbeat. I already fragged my undata if you don't already have one.

Don't have an Undata and would love to have one. I'm getting some frag plugs in tomorrow and maybe I can frag the Pearlberry next week. I'll shoot you a PM over the next couple of days and we can work something out :happydance:

Just grabbed a bunch of pictures of the tank...some angles I've never taken pictures from. Will have them up and posted in the AM.

Hey pal, you were talking a while ago about reduction in lighting schedule. Have you done it, any results positive or negative?

Hey pal, you were talking a while ago about reduction in lighting schedule. Have you done it, any results positive or negative?

I did reduce the photoperiod but not too drastically. Right now, it sits around 8 hours and I might reduce it down to around 7 1/2. I haven't seen any negative effects and can't really tell about the positives. Overall, things have been growing really well in my tank but I can't tell if it's the result of stable parameters, changing out 2 of the bulbs for fresh ones, or if it can be attributed to the light cycle.

Now that the bulbs have been changed and I have a controller that can keep an accurate check on lighting times, I am going to drop it down to 7 1/2 to see the results.

How about you? Did you reduce your lighting?

Uploading pics now...should have some fresh pics posted within the hour :)

Yup down to seven hours on the MH with an hour on each end for the actinics. Also dosing Prodibio and Vodka. Seeing some good growth on the sticks, not too much change in the coloring though. Like you , not very scientific as I have changed a few things all at once and cannot attribute any results to any one change. But I really don't care as long as stuff is growing and looking good.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168687

Here is a thread on another site about the vodka dosing.

Vodka Dosing. - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards

@Spanko - You might have to enlighten me on your Prodibio and Vodka dosing. I have mulled over starting something similar but didn't want to tinker while things have been going well. Your tank has been looking really really healthy. Do you have some links or information on both?

Since I have about 30 pictures to post, I am going to start with some overall shots and post the individual shots later...gotta give you all something to look forward to :)

View from the hallway...

_MG_0688_web.jpg

Right looking Left

_MG_0682_web.jpg

Red Planet, Acro Vermiculat, Superman, etc

_MG_0679_web.jpg

Left Looking Right

_MG_0674_web.jpg

_MG_0673_web.jpg

That's what I'm talking about....that should get the wheels spinning for sure :) Thanks Henry.

Awesome new pictures!!! DAMN!!!

Let me know if you frag anything ... you have the Pearlberry right? :D

Thanks for the compliment....after looking at these pictures, I wish the FTS looked as good as the side views :eek:

I indeed have a Pearlberry, you can see it in the 5th picture right behind the Bali Tri-Color. Interested in a frag sometime? I will need to trim the Green Acro Vermiculata as it's getting BIG.

Nice new pics and tank/corals are looking awesome....throw some frags my way too LOL

Enjoyed your "Coralmentries" too....i think we should coin that term!!

When are you moving??

I indeed have a Pearlberry, you can see it in the 5th picture right behind the Bali Tri-Color. Interested in a frag sometime? I will need to trim the Green Acro Vermiculata as it's getting BIG.

YES I AM ... whatever you need to trim ... I will buy like a frag pack from you ... or something. :D

Nice new pics and tank/corals are looking awesome....throw some frags my way too LOL

Enjoyed your "Coralmentries" too....i think we should coin that term!!

When are you moving??

Thanks for stopping by the thread and for the compliment.

I plan on continuing with the Coral-mentary series....just gotta root through my old pictures to get some progression shots.

We are going to be moving July 15-17. Not sure which day I will be moving the tank although I just want to get it over and done with :)

YES I AM ... whatever you need to trim ... I will buy like a frag pack from you ... or something. :D

I am getting from frag plugs in this afternoon....going to do a little more fragging this weekend. I'll get in touch with you next week and maybe we can set something up. You have PLENTY of nice frags as well...maybe we could trade.

Adam,

Its looking great! I just ordered my MP20 so I hope to have it before next week when I leave for Chicago. I say we start dosing the same time. I am going on MB7 and Vodka after I get back from Chitown.

Cant wait for the superman and Tubs! My girlfriend just bought me... Leng Sy, Fire Gobin zoas, Joker zoas, Meteor Shower and Tyree goldeneye chalice!

When do you think you may change your bulbs? I'm planning on ordering mine here this week. Does Aquarium Specialty have them?

-D

Adam,

Its looking great! I just ordered my MP20 so I hope to have it before next week when I leave for Chicago. I say we start dosing the same time. I am going on MB7 and Vodka after I get back from Chitown.

Cant wait for the superman and Tubs! My girlfriend just bought me... Leng Sy, Fire Gobin zoas, Joker zoas, Meteor Shower and Tyree goldeneye chalice!

When do you think you may change your bulbs? I'm planning on ordering mine here this week. Does Aquarium Specialty have them?

-D

Congrats on ordering the MP20 Dave. Where did you end up picking it up from? That would be cool to start dosing at the same time, just have to do a lot more reading so I'm plenty educated before diving into anything like that.

The Tubs are coming along nicely and I should be able to clip off a few polyps here within the next week. I'm going to mount the Superman on a frag plug as it was starting to encrust on my frag rack :) You'll have to post up a picture of the new goodies....always had my eye on the Leng Sy cap and the Meteor Shower and Goldeneye are going to be awesome. Sounds like you have a winner with your girlfriend!!

I just changed out 2 of my bulbs a couple of weeks ago and I'm going to change out the UVL and Aquablue Special probably the first week or two in July. I've ordered bulbs solely from Aquarium Specialty. You really can't beat the price, they have all of the best bulbs, I know the owner, and shipping is usually overnight since they are in Columbia.

My Favorite 20H! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures

Wow...thanks for the compliment. Going to process more pictures this morning to post up.

Looking good. Looking to add a few SPS corals that you own. Can't wait to pick up my red planet.

Thanks. Which ones are you adding to your tank? The Red Planet is still encrusting for me but I'm really looking forward to when it starts branching out. I've heard that they are tabling acros and look pretty stunning once they reach mini-colony size.

Here are a couple more pictures....still have plenty more to add :)

_MG_0649_web.jpg

Tyree Bonsai, Setosa, Vermiculata, Superman, Red Planet

_MG_0654_web.jpg

Blue Stag - Lots of new branches finally forming

_MG_0637_web.jpg

ORA Red Planet - still basing out.

Happy Friday!!! :D

I would like to add some bonsai, ORA bellina, Blue echinata, and a Borealis. Red planet is probably all I will add to my 20H. Most won't be added until I transfer to my 40 breeder in August. If I do add it will be on frag racks for time being.

If you don't have any ORA joe the coral I highly recommend it. Probably my favorite piece in my tank (love that turquoise color).

bonsai, ORA bellina, Blue echinata, and a Borealis. Red planet is probably all I will add to my 20H.

If you don't have any ORA joe the coral I highly recommend it. Probably my favorite piece in my tank (love that turquoise color).

Nice choices you have there. I would love to get my hands on a small piece of Icefire Echinata but considering it's hefty pricetag, I think I will be waiting a while :)

I would love to get a frag of ORA Joe the Coral. I've never seen it in person before but some of the pictures of others is just stunning. Looks like it has an incredibly vibrant blue/turquoise with green polyps.

I picked up mine from Mr Coral on one of his sales so it didn't set me back much for the Joe the coral. It went from green to brown at first. Now that it has adjusted to the light its a deeper blue. It's color changes based on the angle you look at it (from green to blue). Best thing is that it's an ORA coral so it's pretty tuff.

I picked up mine from Mr Coral on one of his sales so it didn't set me back much for the Joe the coral. It went from green to brown at first. Now that it has adjusted to the light its a deeper blue. It's color changes based on the angle you look at it (from green to blue). Best thing is that it's an ORA coral so it's pretty tuff.

Nice, sounds like you got a great deal. Although ORA corals tend to be more expensive than others, I've had great luck with them. They are always incredibly healthy when you purchase them and because they have been aquacultured for a LONG time prior to their release, they are incredibly tough as far as SPS go.

New video of the MP10 posted over on ReefBuilders Blog - MP10

Would be awesome to have two of these in a 20-30 gallon tank.

New video of the MP10 posted over on ReefBuilders Blog - MP10

Would be awesome to have two of these in a 20-30 gallon tank.

O. M. G., I was waiting to see how it performed in a cube. Looks like the 1" clearance I have in my tank is just barely enough, before it would spill over in short pulse mode. Just waiting for MarineDepot to start stocking it...

O. M. G., I was waiting to see how it performed in a cube. Looks like the 1" clearance I have in my tank is just barely enough, before it would spill over in short pulse mode. Just waiting for MarineDepot to start stocking it...

Yeah, it looks great in a cube. I bet it would be incredible in your tank.

Archived