Coral Vue Hydros

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

airman_verde04

I guess know what wants to answer you question. Maybe give the manufature a call who makes the RO unit. they might be able to help. Or Chris at TL. .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A local reefer, PodRod (Karen), is taking down her TOTM Solana due to some family health issues. Unfortunately for her she had to take down her tank and sell everything in it....lucky for me that I got first dibs. I ended up picking up some really really nice pieces from her and can't thank her enough for the deal she gave me. Lets just say that she could have charged me what I paid for just two of the pieces I got...easily.

Here are the goodies that I got. This will pretty much do it for SPS in this tank. I may get one or two others and frag and trade some of these new pieces but we'll see. Everything is mounted on the rock and everything looks super happy. Hopefully I can get some pictures this weekend and post them tomorrow or Monday.

-Blue Hoekesmai

-Red Planet Acro

-Red Milli (about 3"x3" with 6-8 branches) with Eagle Eye hitch hikers

-Two sizable pieces of Bruddah's Original Superman Monti

-Yellow deepwater acro

-Blue/Green Acro

-15 polyps Armor of God

-15-20 polyps of True Red People Eaters (RPE)

Lots o' goodies....oh yeah, she threw in 1/4 bucket of DD Ocean Salt, packs to make a gallon each of Ca, Alk, and Magnesium, and a sweet magnetic frag rack. I'll definitely miss her around here and in the hobby. I'm sure she will get sucked back in soon enough ;)

airman_verde04
A local reefer, PodRod (Karen), is taking down her TOTM Solana due to some family health issues. Unfortunately for her she had to take down her tank and sell everything in it....lucky for me that I got first dibs. I ended up picking up some really really nice pieces from her and can't thank her enough for the deal she gave me. Lets just say that she could have charged me what I paid for just two of the pieces I got...easily.

Here are the goodies that I got. This will pretty much do it for SPS in this tank. I may get one or two others and frag and trade some of these new pieces but we'll see. Everything is mounted on the rock and everything looks super happy. Hopefully I can get some pictures this weekend and post them tomorrow or Monday.

-Blue Hoekesmai

-Red Planet Acro

-Red Milli (about 3"x3" with 6-8 branches) with Eagle Eye hitch hikers

-Two sizable pieces of Bruddah's Original Superman Monti

-Yellow deepwater acro

-Blue/Green Acro

-15 polyps Armor of God

-15-20 polyps of True Red People Eaters (RPE)

Lots o' goodies....oh yeah, she threw in 1/4 bucket of DD Ocean Salt, packs to make a gallon each of Ca, Alk, and Magnesium, and a sweet magnetic frag rack. I'll definitely miss her around here and in the hobby. I'm sure she will get sucked back in soon enough ;)

sweet!! CHA CHING! thats one heck of a purchase my friend. maybe you were able to buy a few more things than planned because of a certain bridal picture event.. MAYBE, MAYBE ?? :happy: either way, you scored big time on this one.. I cant wait to see the new pics of the tank with this stuff in it.. I see you have her Armor of God.. I was actually trying to get some from her when I get back.. maybe I can buy a small frag of that also when I get home along with that monti chip? fingerscrossed You know. I have yet to make those Moon lights for you.. maybe we can work out a trade for more coral bounty? maybe ?

sweet!! CHA CHING! thats one heck of a purchase my friend. maybe you were able to buy a few more things than planned because of a certain bridal picture event.. MAYBE, MAYBE ?? :happy: either way, you scored big time on this one.. I cant wait to see the new pics of the tank with this stuff in it.. I see you have her Armor of God.. I was actually trying to get some from her when I get back.. maybe I can buy a small frag of that also when I get home along with that monti chip? fingerscrossed You know. I have yet to make those Moon lights for you.. maybe we can work out a trade for more coral bounty? maybe ?

Yeah, Karen was more than generous...as usual. I would be more than happy to make you a frag of the AOG and Monti when you get back and have your new tank up and going.

I'm going to try and grab some pictures today amongst all the Mother's Day festivities...should be able to post them tomorrow.

I WANT PICS ;)

Me too :lol: Hopefully I will get a break here today at work so I can load up the couple that I was able to take last night.

Here are just a couple of pictures to show some of the goodies I got.

Armor of God

_MG_0517_web.jpg

RPEs

_MG_0519_web.jpg

Yellow Deepwater Acro

_MG_0521_web.jpg

Original Superman Monti

_MG_0520_web.jpg

Should have the rest up tomorrow.

Looking great Adam.

Get a FTS if you can! Cant wait to see how your Setosa grows, they are all so different.

You have a blue polyp cap right.....fragging yet ;)

-D

Looking great Adam.

Get a FTS if you can! Cant wait to see how your Setosa grows, they are all so different.

You have a blue polyp cap right.....fragging yet ;)

-D

Thanks Dave. I hope to be able to grab a FTS tonight as well as some pictures of the other new additions. The tank is sure looking full now :)

I can't wait to see how the Setosa grows as well....hasn't done much up to this point yet but it's still a tiny piece.

I can definitely frag you a piece of the blue polyp cap...just let me know how big of a piece you want.

Gotta keep the masses happy...more pics to follow

New Red Milli

_MG_0529_web.jpg

Green/Blue Acro

_MG_0528_web.jpg

Green Pocillopora

_MG_0527_web.jpg

Tyree Bonsai

_MG_0526_web.jpg

Red Planet

_MG_0525_web.jpg

Pearlberry holding it's color nicely

_MG_0523_web.jpg

Nucs and Tubs w/new babies

_MG_0522_web.jpg

Obligatory Full Tank Shot

_MG_0532_web.jpg

Let me know what you all think.

lakshwadeep

Nice pics! I like the pearlberry's different colors. One question: How fast do acros grow? Mine are slowly encrusting their bases, but I'm wondering whether the speed is normal.

Nice pics! I like the pearlberry's different colors. One question: How fast do acros grow? Mine are slowly encrusting their bases, but I'm wondering whether the speed is normal.

Thanks...the Pearlberry is one of my favorites as well. Tough choice between that, the Setosa, Bonsai, or ORA Tort :)

As far as growth is concerned, I've found that it really does depend on the individual species of Acropora. I have an Acro Vermiculata that probably puts on a 1/4 inch of growth weekly where others are still basing out. Seems like the majority of the time, depending on flow and lighting, Acros like to have a nice firm base first before they put their energy into branching out.

What types do you have and what sort of growth are you seeing?

Looks good.

Thanks Pablo...this is the happiest I've been with a tank. Only took me a 55g, BC29, and 3 1/2 years of reefing to get here :D

airman_verde04

Adam, those are the sweetest little squares with X's in them I've ever seen.. keep up the good work!! HAHA.. well.. thats all I see since they block the photos here.. oh well.. Tomorrow is my day off, so I will actually be able to see the real stuff.. hehe

Thanks Pablo...this is the happiest I've been with a tank. Only took me a 55g, BC29, and 3 1/2 years of reefing to get here :D

So, does that mean your going to end up with a killer pico in about 2-4 years? hehe..

lakshwadeep
Thanks...the Pearlberry is one of my favorites as well. Tough choice between that, the Setosa, Bonsai, or ORA Tort :)

As far as growth is concerned, I've found that it really does depend on the individual species of Acropora. I have an Acro Vermiculata that probably puts on a 1/4 inch of growth weekly where others are still basing out. Seems like the majority of the time, depending on flow and lighting, Acros like to have a nice firm base first before they put their energy into branching out.

What types do you have and what sort of growth are you seeing?

I'll try to post pics in my thread on the weekend. Besides a hitchhiker pocillopora and montipora that came with the rocks from an old tank, I have five acros "rose millepora", "purple valida", "yellow bottlebrush", "yellow tortuosa", and a "paletta blue". Everything is growing somewhat (the two yellows are fastest), except the millepora which has done nothing.

So, does that mean your going to end up with a killer pico in about 2-4 years? hehe..

That's doubtful :) The next logical step for me in a couple of years would be to have a nice 30-40 gallon ADA.

I must have a bonsai.

For such a small piece (probably an inch and a half) it's definitely one of my favorites. I definitely plan on fragging and sharing once it gets bigger.

I'll try to post pics in my thread on the weekend. Besides a hitchhiker pocillopora and montipora that came with the rocks from an old tank, I have five acros "rose millepora", "purple valida", "yellow bottlebrush", "yellow tortuosa", and a "paletta blue". Everything is growing somewhat (the two yellows are fastest), except the millepora which has done nothing.

Let me know when you post up some pictures. It's surprising that the Tort is one of your faster growers since they are usually pretty slow to get going. All of my SPS seem to go through growth spurts and then remain dormant for a week or two...then another growth spurt. It's like they're teenagers going through puberty or something.

I have a Blue Stag that is similar to the Paletta Blue and it has really done next to nothing in the year that I've had it. It is starting to get some new growth tips but still is just one solid "stick."

An ADA tank! How about a custom built Fason tank!

Looking awesome Adam! I sent you a PM on the extra pump.

No doubt Dave...I didn't think of that but your tank is so sweet that I would for sure have you make me one....as long as you're still around and willing in a couple years :) Maybe sooner.

airman_verde04
Here are just a couple of pictures to show some of the goodies I got.

Armor of God

_MG_0517_web.jpg

:wub:

Obligatory Full Tank Shot

_MG_0532_web.jpg

OMG!! I see future TOTM for sure... This tank is going to grew in so nicely Adam.. good work..

The pics look great Adam - I can't wait to see this tank grown out! I have to live through your pics now that I don't have a tank so keep them coming.

I'm glad to see that all the corals made it home and are happy.

OMG!! I see future TOTM for sure... This tank is going to grew in so nicely Adam.. good work..

It has a ways to go before it can be considered for that. It is on it's way to being something hopefully special. I just need to pick up some more zoas/palys to add more color to the bottom of the tank.

The pics look great Adam - I can't wait to see this tank grown out! I have to live through your pics now that I don't have a tank so keep them coming.

I'm glad to see that all the corals made it home and are happy.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the thread Karen. Feel free to live through my pics :) They were your corals after all.

All are doing great...the Hoeksmai is still looking a little pissed and doesn't have it's polyps extended so I'm going to keep an eye on it over the next couple of days.

-Adam

airman_verde04
It has a ways to go before it can be considered for that. It is on it's way to being something hopefully special. I just need to pick up some more zoas/palys to add more color to the bottom of the tank.

You know what you need, som Assie Acans!!! I'm going to get some when I get back probably from Aquirium specialitys. I'll be more than happy to group buy with you.. hehe

I just think the overall color of that FTS looks nice. It's blue enough that the corals look great but not fake blue looking. I think the background helps with that. And your sand is noticeably white, as opposed to tinged blue or purple. Looks really nice.

The caps are sweet looking too!

Bill

airman_verde04
I just think the overall color of that FTS looks nice. It's blue enough that the corals look great but not fake blue looking.

Bill

Umm Bill, I think the word your looking for to help discribe the tank is.. Coral-Scheme! mwwaaa haha!

Archived