inTank Media Baskets

Chucktown 20H

divecj5

Yeah, it looks great in a cube. I bet it would be incredible in your tank.

Thanks. Yours too I'm sure. Do you have any video of your tank w/ the MP20? running in pulse or reefcrest modes?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. Yours too I'm sure. Do you have any video of your tank w/ the MP20? running in pulse or reefcrest modes?

Yeah, I love my MP20. I would actually love to get an MP10 and put it on the opposite side of the tank but I know it would be overkill. I might put a small Koralia Nano on the bottom back left corner of my tank to get a little cross-flow going.

I actually don't have any video of the MP20 running on my tank. I think it's time to break out my wife's P&S and take a little video...although the quality is usually pretty bad.

........... I think it's time to break out my wife's P&S and take a little video...although the quality is usually pretty bad.

Dooooo eeeetttt nowwwwwww!

Dooooo eeeetttt nowwwwwww!

I pictured this in an Arnold Schwarzenegger. Going to try and grab some video this afternoon :)

"It's not a tumah, it's a headache" :lol:

No new pics?

I added some tyree sunset montipora and some superman monti. I'm picking up a frag of mint chocolate monti at the frag meet this weekend. I'll throw some pics up later in the week.

No new pics?

I added some tyree sunset montipora and some superman monti. I'm picking up a frag of mint chocolate monti at the frag meet this weekend. I'll throw some pics up later in the week.

Hopefully I can add some more pictures later this morning....been bogged down at work and haven't had too much time to monkey around in PS.

In other news, it looks like my wife and I are moving a week or so earlier so the tank move date is either next Thursday or Friday. Starting to get antsy already :scarry:

Hopefully I can add some more pictures later this morning....been bogged down at work and haven't had too much time to monkey around in PS.

In other news, it looks like my wife and I are moving a week or so earlier so the tank move date is either next Thursday or Friday. Starting to get antsy already :scarry:

Moving a tank is a biatch (watch out for snapping SPS off). Just plan it all out in advance and hopefully have a few things ready at the new place.

Moving a tank is a biatch (watch out for snapping SPS off). Just plan it all out in advance and hopefully have a few things ready at the new place.

I hear ya....catching the fish and worry about snapping SPS are my main concerns. I've moved a tank before and was more stressed than the corals and fish :)

I've already started to plan everything out in my head. Luckily, my larger branching SPS haven't encrusted onto the rock work so I will probably just take them off the rock and then re-epoxy them once they are moved. The Caps are going to be the biggest PITA since they are both really encrusted on their rock. I'm sure it will all work out, just HATE moving in general with a passion.

Once we move, we should be stationary for at least another 2 years so all is good. Just wish I could fast-forward a week and be done already.

Adam - What I used for my tank and my friends were these big 55 gallon trash cans with 4 wheels on the bottom ( only one for mine ). We then filled it up with water and made a PVC device to tie the rocks to. This held the rocks and the bottom and from held them from moving. I kept all my corals on the rock and it worked perfect. I only screwed up with my pearlberry when I slammed it on the side.

This way you can just roll them around in a truck and not have to worry. My polyps were even coming out in the sun :)

-Dave

Adam - What I used for my tank and my friends were these big 55 gallon trash cans with 4 wheels on the bottom ( only one for mine ). We then filled it up with water and made a PVC device to tie the rocks to. This held the rocks and the bottom and from held them from moving. I kept all my corals on the rock and it worked perfect. I only screwed up with my pearlberry when I slammed it on the side.

This way you can just roll them around in a truck and not have to worry. My polyps were even coming out in the sun :)

-Dave

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. Might have to try and work something out like that. Luckily, my rocks aren't too big and there are really only 3-4 big pieces to my whole scape. I will probably just fill up 2 five gallon buckets with tank water, drop the larger pieces in those and bag up the fish once the majority of the water and rock has been removed. Last time, I just made up about 5 gallons of new water and just basically did a water change once it got to the new location.

I do like the idea of the PVC holding racks....is it just random pieces that you zip tied together?

• 3 weeks later...

Blast....looks like I lost at least 2-3 pages of posts since the forum crashed last night. Guess it will give me an excuse to posts some more pictures later this week. I am working through some pictures of the Blenny now so hopefully I will have those up later this morning.

Steeley...I think you posted something on my thread last night but it was lost.

Hurrah for Tailspots!!!!!!!!!

He's such a cool little fish :) . Now that he is more comfortable with his surroundings, he goes from just chilling in various spots that are his favorites to cruising the tank looking for things to nibble on.

Adam - Got the stuff in! Superman looks awesome and the zoas have seen better days ;)

Benny looks great!

-Dave

I'm getting Watermelon tm!!!!!!!!

Adam - Got the stuff in! Superman looks awesome and the zoas have seen better days ;)

Benny looks great!

-Dave

I'm getting Watermelon tm!!!!!!!!

Glad everything made it alright. Looking forward to seeing pics of the Superman once it settles in. Yeah, the Tubs and Nucs have seen better days but I'm sure you can nurse them back to health ;)

Can't wait to see your melon...I mean... frag :)

WATERMELON!!!! I love me some watermelon!!!!!!

watermelon.jpg

EVERYBODY loves a lil' Wallermelon every once in a while :P

Well, I was planning on taking some more pictures of individual corals last night but the electric hedge trimmer and my right index finger decided to have a little "disagreement" in the backyard. Needless to say it could have been worse but in the end my evening was spent at an Urgent Care place getting some Lidocane and 7 stitches. Good times :slap: Guess I won't be sticking my right hand in the tank for quite some time.

My plan was going to clean it out, slap some super glue and a little duct tape on there and call it a night. The wife thought otherwise :D

Anywho, hopefully I can grab some pictures later this afternoon or evening. No more yardwork for me for a couple of days :happydance:

Very nice tank!

I love the tailspot blenny, that has to be my favorite species of blenny. (Ok, I have a soft spot for barnacle blennies and anything in the genus Salarias in general)

I'll be following along on this one.

airman_verde04
Almost missed it....7 months today :happydance:

This is by far the best tank that I've created thus far.

ummm.. Ego much :rolleyes:

Very nice tank!

I love the tailspot blenny, that has to be my favorite species of blenny. (Ok, I have a soft spot for barnacle blennies and anything in the genus Salarias in general)

I'll be following along on this one.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at the tank. This is the only Blenny that I've ever had so I don't know I can place judgment on the whole species, but this guy is a really cool one. Plenty of character, color, and likes to cruise the tank and hang out on the Caps.

ummm.. Ego much :rolleyes:

Ummm...no :P After 2 other tanks, I just think that I've figured out a lot over the last several years of tinkering, trial and error, and just general experience. I'm just really happy the way that this one is turning out (knock on wood).

Archived