Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

4 Year Old 40 Breeder

GobyInPeace

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I just got some pics from the owner of my corals new home a 120 gallon. The orange circles indicate the corals that came from my tank:

120-03.jpg

120-02hl.jpg

120-01hl.jpg

His picture taking skills need some work but you get the idea. After seeing the pics I recommended that he move the hammer to a lower light and flow location. The rest of the corals look like they are doing well. I hope he takes good care of them and he seems to be really into the hobby with this being his dream tank.

that red chalice i bet was worth some bucks.......

Ya I cashed in nicely on that one. I could have made much more if I would have cut the mother up ~ "Spikes LE stop-light chalice frags $150 each." LOL.

That's pretty cool! :happy:

Thanks! I figured I'd better post some pics of their new home before someone questioned whether my tank crashed or something.

Edited by GobyInPeace
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update with a few pics. I acquired some macros locally and the red stuff I always had in my tank is getting re-established. Pod populations are high.

On a downer note I lost one of my firefish. Don't know what happened ~ it just vanished overnight.

I like the way the tank is very natural looking though. Here are a few pics:

40G10240901.jpg

40G10240903.jpg

Nepthia01.jpg

Edited by GobyInPeace
  • Like 2

Thanks guys!

I like that look too!

What kind of Leather is that in the middle, is it some kind of Sinularia?

Its a nepthia. I've had it for close to 5 years now and have fragged it down to stub a couple of times.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this is still a gorgeous tank Goby!

I'm planning a natural 75g tank to be set up in the spring. You've made me rethink pulling out the small algae growing on the rocks right now. I might copy you and relocate them to the sand bed.

Do you have any updates? love all the LPS and softies you've kept.

• 5 weeks later...
How did you deal with having to do top offs without a sump and all the evaporation.

All top offs were done by siphon and gravity.

How about this for a new title "4 year Old 40 Breeder New pics posted 2/2/10" :D

:lol:

Sorry everyone but I broke down the tank yesterday. It did make it past the 4 year mark though.

Here is the link to my tribute thread.

I am done with having any kind of tank for awhile.

I am using my first post to say Cheers to you on a phenomenal tank! YOU MASTERED THE HOBBY ON THIS ONE!

I am new to the saltwater game (in pre-planning/daydreaming stages), and hope to someday have a tank as stunning as yours.

Can you tell me what the coral is just right of the ZOA's? Just to the right of Dead Center in the Picture. They look like stars and are white/yellow

OK you guys settle down now. :D

Jason I hope your pipe organ frag does well for you! I also kept a small frag for myself and the new corals are doing well. The lobo still needs to puff up a bit but the frogspawn and hammer are back to normal:

BlueGreenLobo04.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x220/Ma...pipeorgan02.jpg

Also, is it the same coral as this picture you posted earlier? The second one (from the link) I guess is called Pipe Organ.

Edited by TheStar
Can you tell me what the coral is just right of the ZOA's? Just to the right of Dead Center in the Picture. They look like stars and are white/yellow

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x220/Ma...pipeorgan02.jpg

Also, is it the same coral as this picture you posted earlier? The second one (from the link) I guess is called Pipe Organ.

Yes its a frag from the same one.

• 5 years later...

EVERY NOOB SHOULD LOOK AT THIS TANK, IMO.

There is much to be learned here.

QFT.

This is one tank that really inspired me and that I learned from.

Look at his pics on pg. 1.

Then consider that he accomplished this with:

4x39w T5HO lighting

A HOB filter with carbon in it

4 58 gph elite mine filters (these: http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Underwater-Mini-Filter-Listed/dp/B0009YD7D4)

a heater

a bunch of chaeto behind the rockwork

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I think you did an incredible job creating depth with your makeover recently. It went from an intricate wall of corals to a beautiful sculpture. A lot of tanks have a clash of neon colors, but your use of color is really well done!