Innovative Marine Aquariums

4 Year Old 40 Breeder

GobyInPeace

Thanks!

I was bored today so I took a few more pics:

closeup09.jpg

closeup10.jpg

closeup11-1.jpg

I'll try to post some more later when the window reflection on my tank disappears.

Thanks guys!

I only managed to get a couple of more pics before I had to return the camera ~ another topdown shot and an FTS:

topdown04.jpg

Dec04.jpg

Well that's it for awhile. See you all in a few months for another update. Meanwhile all your comments and questions are welcome.

Edited by GobyInPeace

I suspect photograph editing. There is a lot of HDR. Unless it is some sort of high end SLR or Medium Range camera.

EDIT: Beautiful tank either way!

Edited by Rocket
I suspect photograph editing. There is a lot of HDR. Unless it is some sort of high end SLR or Medium Range camera.

EDIT: Beautiful tank either way!

I get that all the time. I don't even know what HDR is. I use a tripod and know how to set the camera pretty well. The camera is a Cannon PS A630. I have the white balance set to underwater and exposure is usually at 1/25. I have the color mode of the camera set to vivid. I do sharpen the images before resizing and use a free program for that. Anyways there are plenty of local reefers that can vouch for the authenticity of the colors. All of them will tell you the tank looks even better in person. I have a thread on RC where some locals had to step in and verify things. Most of the corals are different variations of greens. Its the red corals I collect that really give the tank some striking color. The bright blue background also makes the tank look more colorful.

Edited by GobyInPeace
I get that all the time. I don't even know what HDR is. I use a tripod and know how to set the camera pretty well. The camera is a Cannon PS A630. I have the white balance set to underwater and exposure is usually at 1/25. I have the color mode of the camera set to vivid. I do sharpen the images before resizing and use a free program for that. Anyways there are plenty of local reefers that can vouch for the authenticity of the colors. All of them will tell you the tank looks even better in person. I have a thread on RC where some locals had to step in and verify things.

where are you located ?

Can I have a frag of your tank? kthnx :flower:

It won't be long before I have to do some serious cutting back. I also need to make room for some blue clove polyps I have been craving for awhile now. The green/turquoise colored palys at the upper right of the tank will be the first to go but I don't think too many people will lined up to get some of those.

Edited by GobyInPeace

You have an amazing tank! I remember seeing your video projection idea long time ago, thinking how awesome it was. Is the big tank still up and running?

*Is that the tyree raspberry sherbert?

Edited by Kigs

Thanks again for the kind words!

You have an amazing tank! I remember seeing your video projection idea long time ago, thinking how awesome it was. Is the big tank still up and running?

*Is that the tyree raspberry sherbert?

Yep it still works but I have a screen now instead of projecting it on the wall.

*Do you mean the challice? It was wild collected and its an echinophyllia aspera. I've had it for a little couple of years now.

On another note my brother does not need his camera anymore so I have it for a little while longer. Since I got banged up a bit last week in a car accident I have a lot of time on my hands letting my neck recover. While sitting here all hopped up on pain pills and muscle relaxers I decided to make a video using Photobucket's software.

th_160cfa30.jpg

I still need to add a few more clips to it. I am also going to try to make another one showcasing my dragonface.

Hope you all dig my first attempt at a video!

Edited by GobyInPeace