SaltCritters.com

Saying Goodbye. A Tribute To My Tank

GobyInPeace

Thought I would go out in style and post some pics and a video as a tribute to my 40 gallon breeder which comes down tomorrow night.

FTSprogression1.jpg

June1307.jpg

jun03.jpg

Nov804.jpg

Nov803.jpg

Nov812.jpg

closeup11.jpg

topdown04.jpg

40G-03-09-05.jpg

Nov1405.jpg

Damsel02.jpg

40G-03-09-06.jpg

40G-03-09-07.jpg

40G-03-09-05.jpg

Click here to view video.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very sorry to see this tank go, but I am sure you have some very good reasons.

This has always been one of my very favorite tanks on here.

I have a lot of respect for the way you approach Reefing, and your creative thinking has sparked some good ideas in me in the past.

I actually still continue to use this tank as inspiration for things I'd like to do in my own tank.

Thanks for sharing it with us, I wish you the best.

I started cashing out in Sept. I will be traveling more in the future and did not want to risk a crash. The hobby was very rewarding for me and I will miss it but life goes on and I am proud of what I accomplished.

I am sorry this tank had to go. It was one of the best. Period. Best of luck in future endeavors. I hope you come back to the hobby a bit further down the road!

Before ya go, would you list your lighting specs?

T5's if I remember correctly...

Save me from sifting thru the threads.

Thanks and good luck.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I am very sorry to see this tank go, but I am sure you have some very good reasons.

This has always been one of my very favorite tanks on here.

I have a lot of respect for the way you approach Reefing, and your creative thinking has sparked some good ideas in me in the past.

I actually still continue to use this tank as inspiration for things I'd like to do in my own tank.

Thanks for sharing it with us, I wish you the best.

Thanks!

You would have to have a good reason to take down such a thing of beauty. But you know what the tank could not stay that way for ever. It was either time to upgrade or move on.

Before ya go, would you list your lighting specs?

T5's if I remember correctly...

Save me from sifting thru the threads.

Thanks and good luck.

One of each:

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue Plus

GE 6500K

UVL Superactinic

What are the flat brown polyps that look like little flowers at the top of the tank (center, left...just to the right of the blasto)? Thats gorgeous...

What are the flat brown polyps that look like little flowers at the top of the tank (center, left...just to the right of the blasto)? Thats gorgeous...

Its a rare morph of pipe organ. The last chunk of the colony is getting picked up tomorrow.

Here is a great pic of it:

pipeorgan01.jpg

OClownsandNanos

Wow that was an inspiring and awesome progression. I'm sorry you're leaving the hobby, but boy you've got tons to be proud of. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Man pipe organs are like a completely unsung hero of the reef world...maybe someday they'll be the 'next big thing'... I think they don't ship well? Thats the main reason that their rare... gorgeous colony though...

Man pipe organs are like a completely unsung hero of the reef world...maybe someday they'll be the 'next big thing'... I think they don't ship well? Thats the main reason that their rare... gorgeous colony though...

Stay away from all white ones they don't live long in captivity. Any that have some green or tan in them will do well and thrive. They like high light and flow and don't like to be moved or handled much.

Stay away from all white ones they don't live long in captivity. Any that have some green or tan in them will do well and thrive. They like high light and flow and don't like to be moved or handled much.

I wish you had more of it!

twelve volt pro

Your tank was one of the main inspirations for my 40b. Good luck with whatever you try next, and hopefully you can make a return to reefing down the road!!

What I like is that is a beautiful tank that has held up over time. Too many tanks are just setup with expensive pieces, photographed, and disappear. Thanks for sharing and Good Luck!

I'd have to agree with everyone's comments on this tank. It's definitely one of my all time favorites as well. Thanks for sharing it with us and good luck!

"I just met you, and I love you." -Doug from UP.

This tank is amazing, even when this is the first time seeing it. I wish I would've gotten to know you, judging by this thread. Good luck with life! And happy travels, it's always nice to see the world.

TriggerHappyDude

Wow, that was one amazing looking tank, did all those corals grow in that tank from small frags, or did you buy some that were already mature? So sad to see it go, wow.

Archived