Coral Vue Hydros

Smash's 5.5 gallon AIO

ash71089

Good news: I got an email from Ken today saying that the package was shipped.

Bad news: The eagle eyes zoas arent looking that great. On one side of them there is this yellowish whitish fungus looking thing and every zoa on that side will not open. So I guess that I will do another iodine dip and remove all of the infected area today sometime.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I went in my room today and the daylight bulb is busted so there is only the actinic on. The bulb is on backorder and wont be in until 3/5/09, what the hell do i do?! any help is appreciated!

what really pisses me off is that i have only had this fixture for a little over a month and it already blew. :angry:

it is a current nova extreme 18" T5-HO

But what do i do until i get the new bulb in

I'm glad it's not just me with the Nova Extreme problem. I just started a pico about a month ago and my daylight bulb has been out for well over a week now, maybe two. I just moved my few pieces of coral to my biocube. Not pretty, but itll work until I get the bulb in. They never told me when the light would ship, but I'm glad to hear it's in March and not July :lol:

Sorry about your luck, but at least you aren't alone.

i tried getting a picture of it, but i have a really crappy camera

not to be mean. but unless your camera is a 1MP its no the camera that stinks lol :P

try a tripod. and get as level to the tank as possible.

again :P and love the tank

I'm glad it's not just me with the Nova Extreme problem. I just started a pico about a month ago and my daylight bulb has been out for well over a week now, maybe two. I just moved my few pieces of coral to my biocube. Not pretty, but itll work until I get the bulb in. They never told me when the light would ship, but I'm glad to hear it's in March and not July :lol:

Sorry about your luck, but at least you aren't alone.

Same here! 3 weeks in with the fixture and the bulb blew up. I called Drs Foster and Smith and they sent me a brand new fixture for free! They told me to scrap this one or keep it if I want because they assumed the ballast had blown.

I do not have another tank, so again what do i do about lighting?

Where did you buy it? If you got it from Drs Foster and Smith call them up and they will send you a new one for free. And they overnight ship it too. They let me keep my light because they thought the ballast was bad and it wasnt worth returning apparently. Mine only lasted three weeks before it went out.

im not very educated lighting wise lol, but i would assume that there is one ballast per fixture? is that right? because if so, the actinic is still coming on. I actually ordered my fixture from marine and reef

drsfosterandsmith are on backorder, but im going to go ahead and order them, this time im ordering an extra haha ;)

Edit: i just checked petmountain.com and they are out of stock there too

I ordered two lights from drsfosterandsmith, hopefully they will be here soon. I was not able to save the eagle eyes, the pretty much disintegrated. The other frag is doing awesome, and I can already see some growth.

One thing I regret with this tank is my rock choice, I really wish I would have picked out smaller rocks.

The aipstasia is getting big, I really need to get some joe's juice.

great build! how do you like the maxi 600? im trying to decide on a powerhead for my pico

Thanks, I like it, I think you can never have too much flow

I just ordered my Nimble Nano this week...hope it doesn't take that long hehe.

yeah it was pretty ridiculous, but oh well

what pisses me off is that i finally got tired of waiting and so i went and bought a magfloat and it wasnt 3 days later that i got the email from him telling me that he was sending it. Of course it was after i had thrown away the receipt and everything.

Hey. How highly do you recommend the nimble nano cleaner? We have similar devices in the uk but nothing as small. My pico is bow fronted so i want something small enough for that. How long did you wait to receive it?

I highly recommended the nano nible for hard to reach edge corner. Work wonders! Hi ash, great going on your tanks it looks very pro. Ur making me wanna jump on a 5.5 gal tank. Haha def tagging along..

-dave

Hey. How highly do you recommend the nimble nano cleaner? We have similar devices in the uk but nothing as small. My pico is bow fronted so i want something small enough for that. How long did you wait to receive it?

It took about 3 1/2 months for me to get it, but i think that now it is getting warmer he is able to make them more. I would recommend it because og how slim the inner piece is. it allows you to get in very small places, but i wish i would have gotten the nimble super because it has more powerful magnets.

It took about 3 1/2 months for me to get it, but i think that now it is getting warmer he is able to make them more. I would recommend it because og how slim the inner piece is. it allows you to get in very small places, but i wish i would have gotten the nimble super because it has more powerful magnets.

Have you used a magfloat? If so how did this compare? I'm just thinking because to the uk it will cost £13, damn the exchange rates in the summer i could have got it for about £9. Not fair! I could do with one sooner rather than later. I may get a mag float for now as i have to get some filter floss tomorrow too and order a nimble super when i get employed/paid!

I don't know how I missed this thread but your tank build is awesome! I wish I was nimble with my hands.

Thanks so much! Your tank is such an inspiration! :)

Have you used a magfloat? If so how did this compare? I'm just thinking because to the uk it will cost £13, damn the exchange rates in the summer i could have got it for about £9. Not fair! I could do with one sooner rather than later. I may get a mag float for now as i have to get some filter floss tomorrow too and order a nimble super when i get employed/paid!

I actually got sick of waiting for the nimble, so I bought a magfloat like the week before he had emailed me that he was sending it. But I would definitely get the nimble over the magfloat because the nimble will get into alot more places than the magfloat. The magfloat is just too big, especially in nanos or picos.

Archived