Pod Your Reef

Smash's 5.5 gallon AIO

ash71089

Yeah, plate corals are sweet! :) But I agree with Jonathan's idea... maybe if you did get a piece of GSP, you could isolate in the sandbed... not so that it sticks out like a sore thumb, but just so that it doesn't have the possibility of migrating where you don't want it to.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a tiny anemnone today that is a little bigger than the end of an eraser. I am guessing it is aipstasia, but aren't they usually brownish? This one is a clear purple color.

I tried to get a picture of the anemone that I was talking about. I don't know if you will be able to tell from the picture but it is mostly clear with a purple tint. I also shot a video to see if that would help.

DSC05053.jpg

well scratch the video, it just finished uploading and you can't see it at all on the computer

looks like aiptasia but not sure cuz the picz not so good,

take it out and take a pic on something that can hold water with a white background, one with flash and one without, I would say try a bottle cap

I just looked in the tank, and it looked like one of the crabs had come out of its sell and was just lying in the crack of the rocks, and i was like wtf?

But i looked around and they were both still walking around, so obviously one of the molted.

Is there anything you are supposed to do after they molt? or will they be fine?

The paint I used for the divider was Krylon fusion, and it wont leach into the tank.

I put rock and sand in today :)

DSC05008.jpg

either you have some serious silicon skilz or your got some help, nice bead on that divider

and I am sad to say that i am about 90% sure that you took a photo of an aptasia under that rock... but not the end of the world

thanks everyone! I will get a bigger shell next time i go to the lfs.

Yeah i was actually really pleased with the siliconing. My dad actually did it, he did a really small bead and then just evened it out with his finger.

I got two frags yesterday

I have come to the conclusion that my camera sucks!

But here are some pictures.. Obviously the first ones are eagle eyes, but I am not sure about the second ones.

DSC05085.jpg

DSC05086.jpg

The second ones are actually alot brighter than the picture, they are like a fluorescent orange

Hey Ashley, what silicone did you end up using for the acrylic dividers? I'm working on my 5.5G AIO Pico and have some AGA Silicone, but I wonder if there is something better?

Hey Ashley, what silicone did you end up using for the acrylic dividers? I'm working on my 5.5G AIO Pico and have some AGA Silicone, but I wonder if there is something better?

That's exactly what i used, and it worked great

Ok cool. I've got it loaded in the caulk gun already. I've never caulked before, so we'll see how it goes...

My only advice would be to do the smallest bead of silicone possible and then just smooth it out with your finger, good luck :D

Archived