SaltCritters.com

NRF's Simple Wonders 5.5

Needreefunds

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks awesome on my computer! In fact, I've decided you will win. So I should probably stop trying.

:P

What is that algae (I think) front and center that looks kind of like a Kenya tree? Could we get a close-up?

No ID on it yet Jamie. Lights out for tonight, but here is a shot from a few posts back

021RAWR1.jpg

Growing very well and must cut back often. Cuttings don't seem to fair well in other sumps tho.

I'll try to get a better shot soon.

Hairy, Hairy.

Quite contrary.

How your garden does grow!

With green round bells

And carpets there

And Macros all in rows.

So nice of you to stop by!

Could not rhyme if I try

Be that as it may

Please stop again some other day

:rolleyes:

i just spent sumin like 26$ on a 150 watt heater i think you got ripped off

hey thanks! :huh:

Yes, I know. BUT

We all should try to support our ( GOOD ) LFS when we can IMO.

For the few extra $$ all the advice and tips, and just hanging out talkin reef is worth it IMO.

If not, away they shall go.

Nice tank bro, Im gonna be setting up a 5.5 in the next few days...any suggestions?

Cool !

Lighting seems to be an issue, not many options it seems.

What are you thinking of keeping?

I love that red macro front and center. :D

Looks awesome, buddeh!

Thanx buddeh!

It does seem to be a nice focal point there. Did you get any of this in any of your Sealife tanks?

Im just gonna keep softies like zoas, palys, ricordea and xenia. I got a 20 watt 50/50 Coralife bulb that Im gonna start with before upgrading to something higher. I want to see how everything grows under that light before I do any major changes

Thanx buddeh!

It does seem to be a nice focal point there. Did you get any of this in any of your Sealife tanks?

Nah, I haven't gotten anything that nice yet, besides some nemostoma that died off a while after it appeared. -_-

Im just gonna keep softies like zoas, palys, ricordea and xenia. I got a 20 watt 50/50 Coralife bulb that Im gonna start with before upgrading to something higher. I want to see how everything grows under that light before I do any major changes

Sweet!

Well, Diane certainly showed us all what a 5.5 full of those ^^ can look like!

Really the only things I would have done different in this one is the black sand ( impossible to keep clean)

And perhaps a bit more flow. Maybe should have gone with a small power head and a HOB filter.

But, where I am playing within the rules of the contest, you get to go all out! lol

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with buddy.

Nah, I haven't gotten anything that nice yet, besides some nemostoma that died off a while after it appeared. -_-

meh, poppycock! :lol: you gots lots of cool hitchers and you know it! :)

so.....no response to my " any of your Sealife tanks" remark??

slipped that past ya didn't I ? :P

Thank you. Im excited I really like the natural look of youre tank. Ken has some great stuff at his store. Goodluck with the contest

nice nrf! btw, what lfs do you go to?

Thanks clown.

Oh, there's a couple really. Aquatic Obsessions, Ocean Gallery II ( now a sponsor ), The Pet Shanty are the main ones near me.

Hey, don't get me wrong I do buy quite a bit online also, ......but I try to support the LFS when I can.

:)

Thank you. Im excited I really like the natural look of youre tank.

LOL, nothing like planning and setting up a new tank huh?

My favorite part really. :happy:

Ken has some great stuff at his store. Goodluck with the contest

Absolutely, Ken has the good stuff.

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

012-FTS1-16-09-1.jpg

Oh I'm just LOVING your tank. It looks so colorful and natural :D

:blush:

Very nice of you Mini!

Thanks for stopping in. :)

Where have I been all this time? Richie has a cool new (or old?) tank!!

I hope you have been busy growing out all the cool stuff! :lol:

Thanks Brett. This little contest tank has been fun so far. :P

I hope you have been busy growing out all the cool stuff! :lol:

Thanks Brett. This little contest tank has been fun so far. :P

Abosulutely!!! I missed the anual Richie XMas sale (LOL) this year!

I have lots of cool SPS and LPS coming out of QT. Got some purple hornets on the way in trade for PPRPE which I have already traded for some other cool SPS locally B) One of Tyree's suppliers is around here (Jason). I need to go to his house some day when I feel like I have too much money ;)

That contest looks like a blast! I should have played, but I can't finish the projects I have :D

Abosulutely!!! I missed the anual Richie XMas sale (LOL) this year!

I have lots of cool SPS and LPS coming out of QT. Got some purple hornets on the way in trade for PPRPE which I have already traded for some other cool SPS locally B) One of Tyree's suppliers is around here (Jason). I need to go to his house some day when I feel like I have too much money ;)

That contest looks like a blast! I should have played, but I can't finish the projects I have :D

:lol: Yeah, I know.

BUT, I will be pestering you in a few weeks for sure.

Then again, you may be outside removing siding-n-stuff to install those supports ;)

:lol:

Oh, and feel free to send me any Tyree stuff and Purple Hornets that are in your way. ;)

:D

:lol: Yeah, I know.

BUT, I will be pestering you in a few weeks for sure.

Then again, you may be outside removing siding-n-stuff to install those supports ;)

:lol:

Oh, and feel free to send me any Tyree stuff and Purple Hornets that are in your way. ;)

:D

You need to road trip! You can stop by DTF (5 minutes away), my house and Jason all in one swoop ;) I always have stuff that is in the way in the frag tank. For a while there it was hair algae :P - but running GFO against stopped that. Too many fish in the 110 system. Need to get those joists in and move those tangs to their new home!

uh who is jason with the tyree stuff.

jason's the guy that dr mac gets most of his collector's reserve stock from

he's got all sorts of crazy expensive corals growing out

fuzzeh tank is lookin nice richie :D

You need to road trip! You can stop by DTF (5 minutes away), my house and Jason all in one swoop ;) I always have stuff that is in the way in the frag tank. For a while there it was hair algae :P - but running GFO against stopped that. Too many fish in the 110 system. Need to get those joists in and move those tangs to their new home!

Sounds good, but I would have to plan a visit with Daniel and Amber too. Just to say hello ( and steal mini's :lol: )

I still love this wild and crazy tank. The last required FTS is so full of color.

Thanks!

omgomgomgomgomgomg Yer fro is fuzzier than yer rocks............... :huh:

Tank is looking grrrrrreat. :)

:lol: TY2!

jason's the guy that dr mac gets most of his collector's reserve stock from

he's got all sorts of crazy expensive corals growing out

fuzzeh tank is lookin nice richie :D

Thanks Daniel, and BTW I did find the other splitty mini. :P

now that is what a true reef should look like! i really like this setup.

there are many tanks that look amazingly colored, aquascaped, and well-laid out, but this tank looks REAL! B) great job, nrf!

your tank/rockwork is what i wished my tanks looked like. *thumbsup*

Yay pom poms! I haven't seen mines in a looooong time..I wonder if the wrasses ate em' <_<

:o

do I know you? :huh:

:lol: YGPM...again. :P

nice richie that pom pom is sweet

Thanks buddy!

now that is what a true reef should look like! i really like this setup.

there are many tanks that look amazingly colored, aquascaped, and well-laid out, but this tank looks REAL! B) great job, nrf!

your tank/rockwork is what i wished my tanks looked like. *thumbsup*

:oomgomgomg:blush: Thank You Tiny.

Archived