Pod Your Reef

NRF's Simple Wonders 5.5

Needreefunds

Ahem, drum roll please........

021-16.jpg

Getting started with some cleaning and a couple beers.

Tank should smell lemony fresh soon!

:rolleyes:

Finally decided on a direction and will be ordering a few things tonight. :)

Don't wanna give away too much too soon, not that I really think I have a chance of winning, but its more fun this way.

THE LIST

Tank-------------------------------------------free

Delphin 25w ultra compact heater-------------------21.99--(LFS and that's what I paid :rant::lol: )

18" Nove xtreme --T5 fixture-----------------------62.99

Subcurrent filter system----------------------------26.19

Coralife digi thermometer ( 6.99 ) -------------------free

Super fresh Live rock *special thanks to Ken at Sealife!* --50.00

CUC members *special thanks to John at Reefcleaners!* --15.00

Pompom crab * special Thanks to Eugene ( Rehype ) * --15.00

Money cowrie * special thanks to Weetabix *------------6.00

(2) mini 'nems @ $15 each* Thanks again to Weetie!! *---30.00

I know that Live rock is not supposed to count against the budget but in my case I think it should as this is the main element of my tank. Also rather than drive poor Weetie to drink by trying to figure out the "cost" of each hitchhiker this seems the best way all around.

Now, it has been my intent to watch this grow out and really not pinch each penny in the hopes of adding that big $$ item as a focal point. That said tho, I do reserve the right to change my mind! :lol: So for now the LR is included in the budget as a deduction, and will most likely remain there. :)

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be watchin' this one...

If you have beers in your tank, I'M CHECKING IT OUT!!! :lol:

:welcome:

Thanks for stopping by

Crack a cold one and grab a chair!

*burp*

Hey everybody!

Gees, toss a few beers in a tank and dey come outta da wood work! :lol:

Gotta try Sammy Irish red next.

Honestly have not tried a Sam Adams yet that has disappointed me. Great stuff!

Having a hard time finding a light fixture I like .... <_<

The one I had in mind is a tad too wide and the legs do not adjust inward. :(

You can't find the light fixture?????????? I think you & Sam Adams are getting too chummy! :lol:

Nope, just sitting here in the dark. :(

Luckily I have the glow of the lap top screen to help me get outta here.

And hey, Sammy's *hic* Sammy's mefreind. :wacko:

Gonna have a few more and get started onda plummin'.

:lol:

^^^^Doofus!!!

I like Sam Adams generally, but I really don't like the Boston Lager, blecchh!!!

I like the Irish Red okay. I get it in a variety 6 pack and it's always the last one I drink out of the pack.

Wasn't bad last night tho!

I'm posting links on the contest thread when I find listings in the Classified for light fixtures that might work for the contest tanks.

Also, BibleSue and I will be going to a Frag Swap in Memphis on the 27th and there are sometimes good used light fixtures at things like that if you want us to keep an eye out for something.

:lol: Thanks guys!

This should be fun

This contest gave me another reason to try something I have been wanting to do for some time now. And the 5.5 is small enough that I can sneak it alongside my 46g without being too unsightly. (i hope )

Basically I want to do this with one key thing in mind.

If I decide not to keep this running after the contest it must contain only critters and such that I can properly care for in my other systems.

That thought has ruled out several other cool ideas I had for this tank. But if I was not 100% sure I would keep it going for the long haul, I will not purchase live stock that I don't intend to keep indefinitely.

Should I decide to break it down, hopefully this will become the much needed qt tank many of us do NOT have, but really should. :P

Sounds like a good idea. Points for foresight! So what are you planning on doing? Or is that secret :ninja:

:huh:

shhhh! is anyone else watching?? :unsure: :unsure: no? well, since you already have yours going I guess its OK to tell you what I have planned.

See, well, c'mear

V

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

I'm gonna make a 5.5 nano reef and spend less than $250.00.

Cool huh? B)

JK, I mayl let da cat out of the bag next week. Only because what I have planned depends on something totally out of my control and I may need to change direction pretty quickly.

Don't expect anything super fantastic here, just something I have wanted to try that may just fly within this contest format.

I have some things ordered and they should be here by weeks end. And need to get my sixteen fiddy in to Weets so she doesn't :slap: me.

I'm gonna make a 5.5 nano reef and spend less than $250.00.

Cool huh? B)

JK, I mayl let da cat out of the bag next week. Only because what I have planned depends on something totally out of my control and I may need to change direction pretty quickly.

Don't expect anything super fantastic here, just something I have wanted to try that may just fly within this contest format.

I have some things ordered and they should be here by weeks end. And need to get my sixteen fiddy in to Weets so she doesn't :slap: me.

Ahhh, you so had me. I was like, yes, yes! awww.

Haha, I need to get my payment in too. :scarry:

Are you going to put a hammer in this tank? :D

Maybe, maybe. I do have one that may work.

But mines different than Stoney's hammer, sort of thicker, with greater polyp extension. ;)

you not gonna believe this................

but I was just checkin out DT's rocks too

:o :o

Maybe, maybe. I do have one that may work.

But mines different than Stoney's hammer, sort of thicker, with greater polyp extension. ;)

you not gonna believe this................

but I was just checkin out DT's rocks too

:o :o

:huh: you've really been channeling jeremai lately, haven't you...

:huh: you've really been channeling jeremai lately, haven't you...

Umm, I dunno, I gots like 800 channels, 100 of them in HD and I don't think I get that one.

is that a deluxe package or something? :huh:

:rolleyes:

Archived