Innovative Marine Aquariums

NRF's Simple Wonders 5.5

Needreefunds

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just recently learned from dshnarw that Money Cowries are great for GHA, as well as other forms of nuisance algae. They are reef-safe and stay small.

BibleSue and I just ordered some today from Premium Aquatics.

It seems like no one else really has them in stock.

sweet, my lfs just got a bajillion of them in. Definitely getting one, I have much gha.

NRF, fuzzy rocks aren't a bad thing. They just take some getting used to. :)

I lub it! fuzzy rockz and all, those hitchikers are too cool

Thanks!

And LOL Jamie! :lol:

Weetie, send me some money's with my minis and I send you mo monies! :huh::lol:

Sorry about the lack of updates ...

Fuzzy Rox-ON!

Fuzzy chiton.....seems to fit right in this tank huh?? :huh::lol:

058-3.jpg

055-4.jpg

053-4.jpg

049-8.jpg

Ya know, these fuzzy rocks are really growin on me..... :rolleyes:

The thing...

032-14.jpg

059-3.jpg

Just before lights out I spot the large claw of a tiny pistol shrimp in this little cave in the rock..retracted just as I snapped the pic... <_<

060-3.jpg

047-8.jpg

Thats all for now folks.....hope your tanks are all doing well and I hope to catch up on all the threads soon.

Thanks for looking. :)

HeyLookItsCaps

I had a GHA problem, and Oral-B handled that mess.

Everytime before a water change I'd get elbow deep in my tank with both arms and scrub the crap out of the area with GHA with me patented "reef-brush" and then suck up what you scrubbed off during the WC. After about 4 times, it went away and I haven't seen it since. Love the idea by the way, I don't think reefing would be very fun without hitch hikers, and your doing the ultimate hitcher tank!

i think it looks good! very natural and you're not afraid to document the progress. *thumbsup* i like the various algae types too. they're all not easy to grow actually.

although the chiton gives me the heebie-jeebies. :unsure: i hate those things although they're helpful and i don't remove them. *shudder*

...yeah, it's because i'm scared of them. so what?

(tee hee, Tiny's askeered of a chiton :P )

Hey Tiny, didja see the honkin big Eunice Worm that I bought from a LFS and shipped to dshnarw???

No?

Well, we can't have that, now can we.

I'll post a pic on your thread for you. B)

On an entirely different note, Goofy minds must think alike, cause what NRF is doing with this contest tank is something I've wanted to try for a while myself, although I had planned on using Tampa Bay Saltwater for the LR.

Me likes the chiton! Your rocks look like mine.... :lol:

:huh:

:o

:lol:

Still looking awesome, wish I could see it in person.

This is still one of my favorite Contest Tanks! :flower:

Thanks Lisa!

I had a GHA problem, and Oral-B handled that mess.

Everytime before a water change I'd get elbow deep in my tank with both arms and scrub the crap out of the area with GHA with me patented "reef-brush" and then suck up what you scrubbed off during the WC. After about 4 times, it went away and I haven't seen it since. Love the idea by the way, I don't think reefing would be very fun without hitch hikers, and your doing the ultimate hitcher tank!

No doubt about it Caps, bamboo skewers and the reefbrush are two of my most used reef tools

i think it looks good! very natural and you're not afraid to document the progress. *thumbsup* i like the various algae types too. they're all not easy to grow actually.

although the chiton gives me the heebie-jeebies. :unsure: i hate those things although they're helpful and i don't remove them. *shudder*

...yeah, it's because i'm scared of them. so what?

:lol: too funny Tiny.

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind words.

I am just trying to show the folks whats going on here and not "hide" anything. This tank is fun without having that "display tank" pressure of OMG what am I gonna do with all the algae??? :P I just hope I can keep the heavy GHA at bay enough for folks to see all the amazing life that is hiding under it. Hopefully all will balance out in time as new tanks and blooms often do.

Thanks all!!

And BTW there is a new inhabitant here thanks to a friend and NR member who had to break down his tank.

I feel bad about the circumstances but am happy to give him a home.

Pichers soon......... :)

(tee hee, Tiny's askeered of a chiton :P )
hey! can i help it if they remind of the egg sac scene in Mimic or the lethal armadilo earmite in Wrath of Khan? should i remind you that neither situation ended well?!?! :o

hmph, fear is a healthy reaction imo. it's your own self-preservation program that overrides testosterone (or estrogen) or alcohol-induced bravery. :P

cool addition, nrf! verrrry nice! B)

I LOVE your tank! It is such an awesome idea! BTW I think adding that crab is going outside your original box. You need to send it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

Oooh great addition! I have 2 in my 40 and only see them at night if I look with a flash light lol

every now and then I find a molt :D

and yay for pistol shrimp...try and catch a pic of him :ninja:

Cool little guy, I want one. :)

I LOVE your tank! It is such an awesome idea! BTW I think adding that crab is going outside your original box. You need to send it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

Thanks Sue! Yes, it is a bit, I just got around that by saying since its a crab its simply part of the CUC. ;)

:D

The NEXT additions however............... :wub:

Oooh great addition! I have 2 in my 40 and only see them at night if I look with a flash light lol

every now and then I find a molt :D

and yay for pistol shrimp...try and catch a pic of him :ninja:

:P ....Thanks!

Pistol is quite camera shy....... :(

Sorry Tiny....

018-33.jpg

017-34.jpg

Sprigs of this very cool looking pink macro here and there

016-35.jpg

Or perhaps its some of that branching coraline ????

Very pretty whatever da heck it is. :happy:

VERY nice pics, esp. the chiton!

You taking lessons from Lani?

Thanks Weets. I got lucky and he was close to the glass... :happy:

If I had a tenth of Kim's talent I'd be happy! :lol:

I've wanted to do a lr-only tank for a while now, so I'm very excited to see how this turns out.

Thanks, me too!

Wow, awesome shot, dude!! :o

:o

omgomgomg

:bowdown:

:blush:

Archived