Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just posted mine.

is weetie still around? i just want to know who i can pm about prices on coral ?

send to me. weetie's still on semi-hiatus.

POST PICS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

(guess i should post a pic of mine too, eh?) :lol:

Hey guys.

Just gonna say I have to drop outta this contest as well. After that second leak appeared on the bottom of the tank I am really second guessing the structural integrity of the tank.

My computer sits near the tank as well as my bed. The last thing I want to happen is having one of the panels separating and flooding my room. The tank would have better if it was all acrylic, but that would be against the rules.

Hey guys.

Just gonna say I have to drop outta this contest as well. After that second leak appeared on the bottom of the tank I am really second guessing the structural integrity of the tank.

My computer sits near the tank as well as my bed. The last thing I want to happen is having one of the panels separating and flooding my room. The tank would have better if it was all acrylic, but that would be against the rules.

Sorry to hear that :( You had a really cool design too.

Any chance you'll do an acrylic version in the future?

I POSTED MY UGLY TANK PIC, NOW YOU POST YOURS :P

Sorry to hear that :( You had a really cool design too.

Any chance you'll do an acrylic version in the future?

I POSTED MY UGLY TANK PIC, NOW YOU POST YOURS :P

Thank you. Yea, I probably will in the future. Right now I am setting up a 34 gallon solana. Just hooked up a Reef Keeper 2 to it. Got a Tunze 9002 protein skimmer and added an extra 3 Maxi-Jets 900's on a wave maker :D

It's in the second week of cycling and added snails yesterday

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a reminder for everyone to get their FTS's up by midnight tomorrow.

I am available to answer questions or help with the contest again, but I will be away at a Frag Swap tomorrow, so I will need dshnarw's help tomorrow making sure all the FTS's are up.

Okay guys, both dshnarw and I are gonna be out all day tomorrow, so we won't be around to remind you to post your FTS and all.

I'm sure we'll both check in when we get back.

Please have your FTS posted by midnight tomorrow, 1/17.

And to those who are still hanging in there with this contest, I like each and every one of your tanks (for real!) and I'm proud of what you've accomplished. :grouphug:

yeah i was out late last night and forgot the pic. what is it a $5 fee to stay in late? i'm currently evaluating my budget to see if i can put enough corals in the tank so you can actually tell there are corals there before the end of the contest...

yeah i was out late last night and forgot the pic. what is it a $5 fee to stay in late? i'm currently evaluating my budget to see if i can put enough corals in the tank so you can actually tell there are corals there before the end of the contest...

Weeelll, I need to talk to the other judges to see if you can still stay in the contest, since the deadline was clearly posted a couple of times.

I'll let you know.

Hmmmmmmm. Well due to the fact that I will most likely forget to post one eventually and if I got kicked out I would totally take a hammer to the tank, I vote late fee and he can stay. imo

Wasn't there a late fee or was that just for entering the contest. He was only a day late. I vote for mercy.

Wait! He's in my tank size group! No mercy, Sir!

JK Mercy Bow Que :lol:

It's ok guys, my store actually just got in touch with a local guy who is a small wholesaler and supposedly has all sorts of crazy, hard to find zoanthids and acans for cheap wholesale prices. i'll be getting some stuff from him soon, and the only real place i have to put them would be in this tank. since i'll be getting them wholesale by the time you factor in common retail price i'll be way over budget with the 3 or 4 things i get from him. i'll keep my thread going but I think at this point i'll just bow out of the contest. it's only fair that way anyway, i'm what, 2 or 3 days late now? good luck guys :)

Archived