Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any one decide on the rules for the carpet surfing fish, eaten snails, sick fish etc. yet?

Lets keep it simple.

If it's in your tank, it has to be deducted from the budget.

If it's not in your tank (even if it used to be, regardless of the reason), it doesn't get deducted from the budget.

Please don't try to push the limits on this one and make me regret this particular ruling, kthx. :flower:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder, don't forget that you need to post your current FTS's on Nov. 17, which I believe is this Monday.

Also, I have officially removed my 5.5g tank from this contest.

Due to some life circumstances, I will have to be moving a bunch of corals into it and I will definitely be WAY over budget as a result of this.

I do plan on keeping the tank up, I am enjoying it way too much to take it down.

I will continue to update the tank thread as time allows.

aw sorry to hear guys. i just bought a 150w viper for $100 from a guy on RC, so after that comes i'll be stocking with what frags the remainder of my budget will allow and letting it role until the cutoff date.

Please make sure you all get your FTS's up by midnight tonight!

Just to give you an update, we now have $498.91 in the prize pot for this contest right now.

SPerry very generously donated some frags to be sold and the profits to be used for the prize for this contest, which is how the pot got bigger. I still have a couple of frags that haven't sold yet that I will probably list again after a little while, which will increase the pot a little more.

THANK YOU SPERRY!!! :flower:

On a more serious note, I need to let you guys know that I won't be available for the remainder of this year. I have already spoken with kmitch about this and I have also deputized dshnarw and arnwdsh to fill in for me during my absence. If you have any contest related questions or issues, please PM one of them.

Unless you guys feel uncomfortable with it, I can still hold the prize money in my PayPal account until I return in January. I don't mind transferring it to someone else to hold if you guys would prefer it, but if I do PayPal will take a fee out of it and since the prize pot is almost $500, the fee will be somewhat substantial.

Be good, and take care of your tanks, I expect to see lots of growth when I get back! :happy:

Please make sure you all get your FTS's up by midnight tonight!

Just to give you an update, we now have $498.91 in the prize pot for this contest right now.

SPerry very generously donated some frags to be sold and the profits to be used for the prize for this contest, which is how the pot got bigger. I still have a couple of frags that haven't sold yet that I will probably list again after a little while, which will increase the pot a little more.

THANK YOU SPERRY!!! :flower:

On a more serious note, I need to let you guys know that I won't be available for the remainder of this year. I have already spoken with kmitch about this and I have also deputized dshnarw and arnwdsh to fill in for me during my absence. If you have any contest related questions or issues, please PM one of them.

Unless you guys feel uncomfortable with it, I can still hold the prize money in my PayPal account until I return in January. I don't mind transferring it to someone else to hold if you guys would prefer it, but if I do PayPal will take a fee out of it and since the prize pot is almost $500, the fee will be somewhat substantial.

Be good, and take care of your tanks, I expect to see lots of growth when I get back! :happy:

aw weetie your leaving? is everything ok?

aw weetie your leaving? is everything ok?

Life's just gotten REALLY full and I'm not keeping up with stuff very well.

This is also a really difficult time of year for my family since we just had the one year anniversary of my 12 yo niece's death, and I need to make an extra effort to be available for them.

I'm okay, just need to take some time to re-prioritize and simplify my life.

We lubs you Weets :flower:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

and a bump for FTS and updated budget TONIGHT MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME omgomgomg

...crap...i gotta take a picher...

I am sorry to hear that more peeps are droppping out :(

Weetie, I will pray for you and your family during these hard times..I lost my sis-in-law a year and a half ago :(

FTS DAY PEEPS!!!! Git-R-Done!!!

Life's just gotten REALLY full and I'm not keeping up with stuff very well.

This is also a really difficult time of year for my family since we just had the one year anniversary of my 12 yo niece's death, and I need to make an extra effort to be available for them.

I'm okay, just need to take some time to re-prioritize and simplify my life.

well i hope you get everything sorted out :flower:

i know the feeling, i just don't have the self control you do to actually do anything about it :P

We lubs you Weets :flower:

+ a bajillion.....

Hang in there L. I think of you guys often.

I wish you all nothing but the best and I hope things get better very soon.

:grouphug::flower::grouphug::flower:

I just posted mine. I need some coral prices. Weetie has a PM but that's before I saw she was passing the baton. The ones not priced yet are listed on the first post with my updated costs.

Thanks for your prayers for Weetie. They have had the bug at their house so I haven't been able to go over & spread some silliness around. Now my car is in the shop! :huh:

I'll have you know I came home at 6:45 pm. Did a 2g WC. Hooked the return pump back up so the sump & the tank were re-united. Fixed the frag that fell. Took pics. Uploaded them & then posted them by 8:26 pm. There is, therefore, no excuse! Get your tank shots in!

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!

START PANICKING!!!!

omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg

omgomgomg

Boy yur gettin alot of use outta that one D! ^^^

:lol:

C'mon peeps...post em up!

Archived