Top Shelf Aquatics

The Officially Unofficial Tank Contest

Weetabix7

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea but thats divided between the 2 categories

3 categories: 5.5, 10, most innovative :)

and striker's disturbing fabrication and attempted deception deserves the banstick, imo.

3 categories: 5.5, 10, most innovative :)

and striker's disturbing fabrication and attempted deception deserves the banstick, imo.

actually, i was kinda hoping to see the explanation, but it seems that wont be happening, as striker's logged in at least twice since my initial post about the picture. besides, i think we're generally a forgiving group, although you do have to make it through that initial hazing. i mean, heck...i think the mods would have let wolv go unbanned even through his multiple scammings of other members had he not gone crazy.

hopefully, a lesson has been learned and we'll be able to avoid further issues. and if not, someone else gets called out and we get some entertainment out of it :)

actually, i was kinda hoping to see the explanation, but it seems that wont be happening, as striker's logged in at least twice since my initial post about the picture. besides, i think we're generally a forgiving group, although you do have to make it through that initial hazing. i mean, heck...i think the mods would have let wolv go unbanned even through his multiple scammings of other members had he not gone crazy.

hopefully, a lesson has been learned and we'll be able to avoid further issues. and if not, someone else gets called out and we get some entertainment out of it :)

i wasn't thinking permaban, maybe a little timeout :P

and could on of the those in charge please take a look at my tank thread (linked in sig) and price out the superman shrooms and cualerpa i added? thank you :)

i wasn't thinking permaban, maybe a little timeout :P

and could on of the those in charge please take a look at my tank thread (linked in sig) and price out the superman shrooms and cualerpa i added? thank you :)

sent you a pm on the pricing

oh, you're nice <_<

dont mind don...he can be a little grumpy :lol:

angelacbishop

Hi there! Quick question...I put one mini carpet anemone in my conest tank and it has now split into 4. I want to sell 2 of them to a local reefer. Does the money I make off selling something that propagated in my tank go back into my budget to add other corals?

Read the rules at the front, you'll work out the answer :)

If you think about what you just asked, it was basically can you go over budget if you sell growth

angelacbishop
Read the rules at the front, you'll work out the answer :)

If you think about what you just asked, it was basically can you go over budget if you sell growth

Hmmm...I don't see anything specifically stated there about selling items from the tank but I'm guessing by your response that the answer is no?

But if I take out ALL the mini carpet anemones then I can probably just deduct the cost of the original one that I put in there?

I don't see why you can't sell them. If you were planning on selling them to defer cost towards other purchases towards the tank I guess that would put a bee in your bonnet. I would guess that if you took them all out it would be like they were never there so you could put the cost back towards your budget. It would be like using a peppermint to rid you of apastasia and then taking it out and putting it back in your big tank.

angelacbishop
I don't see why you can't sell them. If you were planning on selling them to defer cost towards other purchases towards the tank I guess that would put a bee in your bonnet. I would guess that if you took them all out it would be like they were never there so you could put the cost back towards your budget. It would be like using a peppermint to rid you of apastasia and then taking it out and putting it back in your big tank.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking too. I'll probably just take them all out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am no where near this contest nor have I ever been, but I was just browsing and I happened to get a few pages in when I read about STRIKER!

I have got to say who would type that much just to get their tank into a contest..... jeeeesshhhhhhh

HEY PEOPLES!!!! DONT FORGET YOUR FTS!! 17TH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!

(my mr coral impression needs work, eh?)

meh, try some ...NEVER SEEN BEFORE FRESH CUTS YOU GOTTABE KIDDIN ME!!!

:P

Cool contest! I was wondering if you could keep updating the links on the first page to go to the latest FTSs? It would make following the contestant's progress a bit easier I think.

Archived