Pod Your Reef

Mr. Coral - Bad Luck turned good

Normandy

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty insane. So I want to add my two cents.

Mr.coral seems like a good vendor and he fixed the OP's predicament shouldn't the thread end there.

Instead of a sponsor bashing fest?

Reef Goddness why in the world would you post something about other vendors in this post? I can't believe you can't see that this is wrong and not what another vendor should and would do. Trust me take a Poll!! That all being said I have no bad feeling for you please come bye the booth in Altanta if you are around.

I want to tank everyone for the PM's and the super support.

I have fixed the problem as I have stated over and over Reef Goddness you are the one making this a Soap Opera no one else.

Again, I would like to prove to all that my +++ feedback speaks for itself. Come join us for the Super sale this weekend and if you are in MD Area please bring the kids by for the Freebies.

Going to bed early tonight let's not get crazy like last night.

No one read my post? No one has a comment regarding steviet's issue? Not even MrC?

Lolcoverupsale

I read StevieT's issue and your post and totally agree with both of you.

Edit:

That being said, this thread is getting sad and needs to be closed.

petkingdom619

well I think mrcoral just got alot more business and reef goddess just lost some.

but a good outcome overall, a great sale, and I got some nice corals coming soon

good. and BTW that was her those frags featured above came from lol

Wow that sucks, generally vendors give you more than you pay for...

NO one should buy from reefgodess. WTF, Very poor business pratice and unprofessional. Mods need to close this thread, I think its made its point and sounds the OP problem is being taken care of.

Where's Mvite when you need him.

I have been watching this thread and feel that it should at least be kept open to see how things ultimately play out for Normandy, the OP, which was kinda the original point.

No one read my post? No one has a comment regarding steviet's issue? Not even MrC?

Lolcoverupsale

my issue was resolved back in March, I feel no other comments are needed by the vendor as in business, when the transaction is over, that is basically it. The clam is super healthy, looks awesome in my tank, I wish it wouldn't have tanken so long for delivery, but everything happens for the best.

Needreefunds
NO one should buy from reefgodess. WTF, Very poor business pratice and unprofessional. Mods need to close this thread, I think its made its point and sounds the OP problem is being taken care of.

Where's Mvite when you need him.

+1

I was rather shocked to see one sponsor "call out" another.

"Fellow hobbyist" or not, it's just mudslinging and in rather poor taste IMO. Not the sort of business I would like to deal with. Tell me what you can do for me, not what "they" don't do, or do wrong. It is one thing to come on here and defend another vendor if she had a reason too, but once she also became a vendor and sponsor, her right to share her experiences with this vendor in a public forum should not be voiced. It is , as DT said, unprofessional and will probably cost her quite a few sales as well.

This whole thread turned ugly rather quick and it is sad that two good sponsors reputations have taken a hit here and chances are not much good will come of it. Buyers that already had a poor view of buying coral online probably feel even less inclined to buy now, from anyone. That's sad too.

Hopefully at the very least Normandy gets what he was entitled to.

Let the healing process begin. :grouphug:

I have been watching this thread and feel that it should at least be kept open to see how things ultimately play out for Normandy, the OP, which was kinda the original point.

Yep, that's kind of the plan. We've agreed to a resolution and unless there are some kind of odd circumstances (weather, etc.) I believe this will be over Tuesday 8/26. I've kept my thoughts to myself over the last 5 days in this thread because I don't think anything I write can be helpful until this is over.

I am planning on writing a full follow-up very soon after this is over...that would only be fair to Mr. Coral. Ending it now would short him of the chance to end on a positive note.

It is not in my nature to want to hurt anybody, or cause problems for somebody's business and livelyhood.

I hate that this happened...hopefully things will come full circle and work out well for all involved and be a learning experience for both all vendors and customers in the future.

Frankly, I believe the line that vendors are not responsible for shipping delays is fundamentally flawed. I DO NOT think it is fair that they are stuck eating the cost, but neither is it fair to receive a bag of colored water from a melted mushroom, or a frozen Montipora and not receive anything in return. I think StevieT made the most sense about this in one of his posts (page 1 or 2 of this thread).

As I've stated before, I live in a large city and have access to several great and large LFS...I'm lucky in that regard. However, the internet opens all of us up to a vast array of species, quality, and varieties that would otherwise be largely limited in comparison...even at the absolute best LFS.

Let's try and make something constructive of this thread instead of going down the negative road that it has tried to take (and arguably has) and instead discuss how to solve this shipping loss problem...not for this particular incident.

Maybe some understood guidelines of what to expect in terms of timing, credit/refund, etc. should be explored. Guidelines that would be fair to both vendor and customer.

There are many people that are afraid of buying items online for this very reason; we've heard from several of them on this thread. It would be profitable for vendors to have a concrete answer to this by making more people comfortable with buying online and therefore more volume. It would also benefit hobbysts by greatly expanding the availability of new and exciting pieces they don't have local access to.

Just my .02

Thanks to all on this thread for your valuable input and support.

GrandpaFeathers

Still.

why is everything SUPER RARE or ULTRA RARE?

ooorrrrr

the SUPER, ULTRA, ONE-OF-A-KIND, UBER DUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ONEONE

Normandy, I agree with everything you said 100%.

I have to say that I really appreciate your attitude and approach to this situation.

We need more levelheaded people like you around here.

I have to say that this thread is the first time since becoming a Mod that I wish I could speak my mind instead of having to sit back and be impartial.

Still.

why is everything SUPER RARE or ULTRA RARE?

ooorrrrr

the SUPER, ULTRA, ONE-OF-A-KIND, UBER DUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ONEONE

Sales pitch

Normandy, I agree with everything you said 100%.

I have to say that I really appreciate your attitude and approach to this situation.

We need more levelheaded people like you around here.

I have to say that this thread is the first time since becoming a Mod that I wish I could speak my mind instead of having to sit back and be impartial.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's pretty tough sometimes.

Thank you for your kind words.

Archived