SaltCritters.com

Mr. Coral - Bad Luck turned good

Normandy

chuckfullservice
Also, on another note. This post seem like I'm the devil or something!! Of course that is not the case and we don't have a sussesful business for nothing. We take care of everyone as much as possible. When something happens that is out of your control shipping problems all you can do is push things threw. Yes, the Website say were are not liable but as stated in the email I sent to him that he posted I would never leave him high and dry. I'm a man of my word and that is what I meant. I had no idea that this was how you felt I assume you were ok with this. This is the 1st I have heard about this and someone had to PM me to look.

Guys, Yes, I'm busy I run a Retail Front, Ebay, Website and Coach Little league but I can assure you I will take care of everyone 100%

We send out about 60 Packages a week with a 98% success rate. To any new customer that are reading this post I can assure you that you will only get the best from me and my business. Please read all the great feedback about us trust me were are not devils like the post appears us to be!!

Sorry for the UPS error which was out of my control I emailed you again about sending you a package next week with Fed Ex if you like.

If you have any question please call us at the store anytime 301-695-5777

Well this a better response then when I had an issue with Liveaquaria sending my live rock 3 weeks late and being absolutely dead rock!

There is one great point to all this , Mr. Coral can be reached thru nano-reef.com!

He does seem to be taking care the problem ! Looks like good customer service to me , or as good as any retailer I have delt with!

In the end I would say I would give Mr. Coral a chance at providing me with my future corals. Hell he even switched carriers what more can you ask for!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear these issues are working out. Personally I've had nothing but great experiences with mr coral. I've gotten great service and always freebies etc. Just last week I called up and gave sonny $60 to put together an SPS pack for me,and I got four great frags with great packaging... each piece was easily worth thirty dollars or so, sonny hooked me up. Like others have said this looks like a complicated issue with misunderstandings along many fronts. Please give mr coral a shot , there are tons of loyal customers for every one bad experience we hear about on here that can really ruin a reputation. Not that this process frustrating, just give the man a shot given his response and track record.

:grouphug:

Very glad to see a N-R sponsor taking the time to work things out...

Ive never ordered from Mr Coral...

This makes me feel alot better about doing so in the future :)

Izzue

I've ordered from him once before and it was a pleseant experience (I'm on the east coast, so maybe that made it a little smoother). The free duncan I got was enormous. Not quite as colorful as the one I have from Liveaquaria , but still a really nice piece and 4 or 5 times as large. They were also generous on the number of polyps I received for Zoas.

It's good to see them trying to make everyone happy, although really unfortuante it couldn't have been done sooner.

Mr Coral did offer to make it right...

My only concern is that it should have never taken this posting in order to make him do so.

If he had responded this way in the beginning it probably wouldn't have come to this, but I wonder if this acceptable resolution would have happened without the thread being posted....

Can't help but be seriously skeptical, and as a new reefer will probably stick to LFS and perhaps other sponsers.

IndicaCorialis

Mr. Coral...I've been wanting to possibly order some duncans from your site but the pictures won't load. Can you fix that? I'm happy for everyone that this was resolved. As a business owner I know that communication is important but what one person views as being fast is only relevent to them and what seems timely to one person can be like the end of the world to another.

Mr. Coral...I've been wanting to possibly order some duncans from your site but the pictures won't load. Can you fix that? I'm happy for everyone that this was resolved. As a business owner I know that communication is important but what one person views as being fast is only relevent to them and what seems timely to one person can be like the end of the world to another.

Nevermind...I just went to his site and it works fine. Everything looks beautiful and I'm sure I'll be placing an order.

Sounds like it's going to work out for you, I'm glad it looks like he is going to make good on the deal. Living in the middle of nowhere I rely on shipping to get just about everything except for water. So far I've been very lucky and haven't had any issues. I've cruised his site a few times (Mr. Coral) - but haven't purchased anything from him. I just can't get past the "super rare" and "ultra rare" all over the listings, even though the prices aren't bad.

Keep up updated on how it goes next week with Fed Ex.

Edit:

Oh yeah... if you think you might use him again and this works out to your satisfaction you might want to change the name of the thread. I still think it sucks that you had to go public to get action.

tubatime1010

As far as Early AM shipping, I recently purchased from another N-R sponsor and the cost DOES go up a great deal (At least 10 bucks). Mr. Coral should offer it as an option and be more clear as far as shipping goes (From what i've seen here). You ABSOLUTELY cannot blame him for the weather in your location killing any livestock. YOU should know the weather and YOU should ask them to include an ice pack. (That or Mr. Coral should check your location's forecast...but I think that's a bit too much) (This is not directed at the OP, but another poster in this thread)

I am curious as to how things were worded in the OPs emails...If he wanted urgent care from Mr. Coral, did he make this clear? Often times IME all you need to say is "I would greatly appreciate it if this could be resolved as soon as possible" or in the OP's case "I understand that the claim is in the process of being filed, is there any way that I can be reimbursed for my losses while the claim is in process?". From what I've read it seems that the OP did not really push for Mr. Coral to do anything other than file a claim.

This situation and StevieT's situation seem to be a case of miscommunication on the buyer(OP's situation) and the seller's(StevieT's situation) part.

Mr. Coral seems to be a reputable business. Sometimes, sadly, things fall through the cracks...IMO, Give him another chance!

As a side note, I plan on beginning a series of reviews on N-R sponsors with photos and all. Watch the Vendor Feedback forum for my first review tonight, my second tomorrow, and my third thursday! (I have lots of shipments coming in!)

Now EVERYONE! LET'S :grouphug:

And I understand I did not see the OP's emails. There may have been GREAT communication on his part. The above post was merely speculation. Please dont flame me! :happy:

As far as Early AM shipping, I recently purchased from another N-R sponsor and the cost DOES go up a great deal (At least 10 bucks). Mr. Coral should offer it as an option and be more clear as far as shipping goes (From what i've seen here). You ABSOLUTELY cannot blame him for the weather in your location killing any livestock. YOU should know the weather and YOU should ask them to include an ice pack. (That or Mr. Coral should check your location's forecast...but I think that's a bit too much) (This is not directed at the OP, but another poster in this thread)

I am curious as to how things were worded in the OPs emails...If he wanted urgent care from Mr. Coral, did he make this clear? Often times IME all you need to say is "I would greatly appreciate it if this could be resolved as soon as possible" or in the OP's case "I understand that the claim is in the process of being filed, is there any way that I can be reimbursed for my losses while the claim is in process?". From what I've read it seems that the OP did not really push for Mr. Coral to do anything other than file a claim.

This situation and StevieT's situation seem to be a case of miscommunication on the buyer(OP's situation) and the seller's(StevieT's situation) part.

Mr. Coral seems to be a reputable business. Sometimes, sadly, things fall through the cracks...IMO, Give him another chance!

As a side note, I plan on beginning a series of reviews on N-R sponsors with photos and all. Watch the Vendor Feedback forum for my first review tonight, my second tomorrow, and my third thursday! (I have lots of shipments coming in!)

Now EVERYONE! LET'S :grouphug:

And I understand I did not see the OP's emails. There may have been GREAT communication on his part. The above post was merely speculation. Please dont flame me! :happy:

The difference between Regular overnight (1030a guaranteed delivery) and the "saver" (3p delivery) is $5.00 per the UPS site. I'd be willing to pay $5 on any livestock order I ever placed to make sure it got there by 1030a...no matter the weather or other factors.

Where did your review posts go?

Reef Goddess

I also had a very negative experience purchasing some corals for a customer through Mr. Coral last year. At that time he was shipping with DHL and they shipped it to the wrong address. So I had to sacrifice the better part of my busy day and run across town to pickup the package before DHL closed. When I picked up the package the box was leaking badly and when I opened it up most of the bags had no water and the zoo rocks were all broken up. At that time he was just tieing the bags shut, not even using rubber bands. His customer service was lousy and he blamed the damage on DHL not his poor packing job. My customer is pretty wealthy so he didn't feel like making a big deal about it, so I never left any feedback. I just decided not to purchase anything from him in the future. Being a sponsor as well, I always try to give other vendors credit for mistakes, but if a company has poor customer service or doesn't know how to pack well, etc I have no respect for them.

I'll give other good vendors credit, like LiveAquaria, Pacific East, JosephLee and ReefEmpire on ebay. They all do a good job and have great customer support.

marinekeeper

A negative thread is what it takes to get the ball rolling for a little customer support? WTF in today's economic debauchery, you would think that suppliers would get/keep the ball rolling without the need of a negative thread. Being a businees major, I guess I may just have a biased opinion, but damn. How about I contribute to the food on your table during dinner and you should turn yourself into damn near a pretzel to keep the consumer happy.

Wow, I come home from a Baseball game with my kids to see this post!!

Reef Goddness no Respect huh? Do you think I don't take of my customers? You got to be kidding me!! As I stated, I had no idea that he was in a rush. He emailed me and was a nice guys just asking for me to keep him posted. That is what I did should I went into more details maybe but I did not think he was rushing me at all. As you know being a vendor you can't make everyone happy and once a item ships you have no control over it.

I can be reached anytime at the store and if I'm not there my cell phone is listed on the machine that is 24 hrs customer service and for you to say you have to respect because I have bad customer service come on!! I have 1000's of people that I have made happy!!

Are you telling me Reef Goddness you are perfect? For you to bash me is not fair. Here at Mrcoral we are not perfect we are human like everyone out there reading this. 99% perfect but do we make mistake YES!!!!!!

All we can do is learn from mistakes fix them and keep improving!! 99% is good but we want to keep it going of course!!

Also, I don't know how to ship? Are you kidding me? If DHL plays football with your package I can't control that and that is why we change to UPS. Now problems with claims now we will be changing to Fed-Ex on Monday and all claims will be paid!! We our nothern Maryland biggest shipper and for you to tell me I have no idea on how to ship is a joke.

I have made changes in shipping companies for the customers I have work out deal on claims for the customer. My site states we are not liable did I tell him oh Well?? No!!! I'm taking care of him. Should I have emailed him with more details yes. Was I shocked that he posted this Yes!! Is he going to be the happy when he gets his package Tuesday YES!! Will anyone that orders from me be happy in the future YES!! This is what I do for a living I take care of people, I coach the little league I'm involved in the Community you don't know me how can you say you don't have respect for me?

That really hurts!!

I guess it can only help you out to bash me?

I can't believe another vendor would post what you did.

Sorry to post this long message!!

Here is my Ebay feedback. Please don't tell me Reef Goddness I don't take care of my customers or I don't know how to ship!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ame=STRK:ME:UFS

ay... I think the point about email communication is the root of much of your troubles. In my experience, I had no problems with the corals or the packing/carrier. It seems that some of the problems expressed here can be attributed solely to emails.

For example, before bidding on auctions that were spread over a few days, I asked about combining shipping. The response I received was that it was no problem. I won, paid, and waited for the other auctions that I was watching. I ended up not getting my vacation from the hospital, so the shipping was stalled for a week but was told it was fine. In the meantime, I get a message on Monday saying that my package will ship out on ____day (can't remember which day). I reply, "no don't ship." I won 2 more auctions, then send a message to ship on a particular day. Next Monday, I get a message saying that it will ship out on ___day again. I had to reply and once again ask for my ship date. Until I got my tracking number, I was very nervous that it would arrive on the wrong day. A little bit of attention to detail could have helped out a lot. I asked beforehand to see if it was a problem. I sent emails and left a paypal note that echoed my email to help keep things organized. In the end, it seems to have gone unnoticed.

I hate leaving bad feedback, which is why I didn't voice this earlier. Mine isn't even bad.. it's good and not-so-good. A little bit of communication goes a long way in business, and it's the only thing a buyer has when shopping online.

I hope you take my feedback constructively. It was a good purchase, and I appreciate how you were able to work with me on my on-call schedule. It's just no fun to worry about whether the communication was all for nothing, and then hope it clicks together in the end.

(edited for grammar)

Who mention perfect? By your post you are the perfect one!! Everyone make mistakes even you!! I said we are not Perfect but 99% is not to bad. I not getting into a battle with you I just find it a joke were you can judge me like that. No respect? As a vendor on the board I would assume you would have respect for others in the business. Nano Reef and it's Sponsor take care of each other.

We know how to pack just look at our feedback!! Can a package get damage of course it can that is part of the business.

Was the email issue the root of this post Yes!! But it was not like we ignore any emails I had no idea there was a rush for another package I assume by his emails he was fine waiting on the claim.

I was wrong!!

We have both spoke and the problem will be taken care of Tuesday with a new package.

What else can a person do then fix the problem? If you have any other question for me reef goddess call me at the store or PM me. Are you going to be in Altanta? Please feel free to come bye and we can have a coffee together and you can see I'm not the devil that deserves no respect!!

Thanks again Sonny

Also, for any Nano Reefer out there. I will give a $50 free Frag with a purchase of $50 or more to all just to see how I pack and our customer service!!

Reef Goddess

I never said that you were the devil, lol. I already said before that hopefully your customer service has improved since I ordered with you and I have faith that it has. Don't take things so personally, its not like I said you're a terrible person and that no one should ever order from you. Don't be so dramatic, lol.

If another vendor had a problem with me, I wouldn't expect them to continue to support me just because we're in the same biz, thats silly. I would want them to be honest with me, because without honesty how can we expect to improve our services? Since we incorporated 4 years ago and even now I appreciate customers that tell me if there is a problem or there is something we could be doing better, otherwise I might continue to do something wrong without knowing it and losing customers in the process.

If you are trying to correct the problem then enough said, no need for us to be redundant.

All I know is whoever gives me a better super mushroom/yuma/ric pack for 800 bucks is winner in my book.

Ssshhhhhh Kraylen! They're going to figure out that this all a set-up for you obtain some sweet shrooms! You little mastermind you...

You see by the post I'm correcting the problem!! This is my issue with you. If you want to email me Vendor to Vendor PM me or call me!! By this post you seem like you are bashing me for some reason saying you give me no Respect. I take that to heart!! I take care of my customers and to see something like this blow up that was not even my fault with the UPS a third party I don't think is fair for you to jump in and mention the respect thing.

I'm going to say this one more time so you understand. I sent him a package. UPS for some reason did not get it to him overnight. I spoke to him over the phone that day told him don't worry about it we will do a claim. We spoke the next day and I told him I would get the ball rolling. Which I did!! I emailed him back everytime within 12 hours at the most. There was never a email until the last one that he was angry about the time that it was taken. When I got home to read that email I was PM by a Moderator about this post and I should check it out.

Again, I had no idea that he was mad about waiting. I'm telling you by talking to him and his emails he was about the nicest guy out there!! I assume it was all good with the wait on the claim. I assume it would be a little faster but they can drag there feet.

Also, I never had a problem sending him something else and for me to wait on UPS it was never talk about by him.

So everyone saying it took this post to help him is wrong!! I just did not have time to reply to that email before he posted!! I emailed him in the Am and I think this started around 4 and I got home around 9. I guess I was 5 hours to late.

This is why I'm angry!! I take care of my customers I don't need a post like this to help someone. That is why I posted my feedback because it seems all Negative here and then for a Vendor to just jump on saying I don't know how to pack and my customer service is terrible is just not right. Then to top it off saying I have no Respect for him???

I have done 6 times the business you have over the last 6 months are those people lying about me about great customer service. great packing, great shipping time, great corals?

This is my point. If you have a issue with me as a Vendor Call me Pm me!!

This is why I'm mad you should know better as a Vendor that things can happen in this business in shipping and with emails. My phone ## is on the site on my Ebay page my cell is listed what else can I do. Yes, it might take me a few hours to get to emails!! Like I said if I was 5 hours quicker this post would of never started.

I'm going to bed now guys. I wish me a Reef Goodness could of just done this threw PM but I guess we want it Public.

Thanks again Sonny

301-695-5777

The $50 freebie is on let me prove what is going on at Mrcoral.com

Also, if you are MD, please come by the store!! Also, Visit us at booth 96,97 in Altanta!!

Archived