SaltCritters.com

Mr. Coral - Bad Luck turned good

Normandy

I was wrong, UPS can accept some live animals, I could have sworn they didn't, from UPS.com:

Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals

Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads

Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp

Fish (All)

Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs

Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails

Reptiles (Limited to the following):

- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons

- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles

Worms (All)

Hope he steps up for you.

I was looking for this on UPS.com when you posted it. I remember looking for it when the problem happened.

There is one issue w/ it...I can't find it, but know it's there somewhere...UPS states claims on perishable items (including live animals) are only valid for UPS Next Day Air services...I think the fact that they skimped and used ND Air Saver may have added a problem.

Do you have the link to that live animal list?

thanks in advance.

How did you pay ! It may not be to late to stop payment either with a credt card or even a check try calling your bank or credit card co.!

At the very least the vendor should reimburse you for the lose ,if he intends on keeping your business! Its just part of running a business you have to make allowances for loses plain and simple!

I'm going to file a dispute w/ my CC company tomorrow. After all of this, I don't want anything Mr. Coral has to sell. Frankly after reading and writing on this thread, I'm afraid to put anything they send me into my tank.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MrCoral is a local fish store to me. Problem is he's involved in too much. He has a store front, online website and sells on ebay. I am no way defending him, I buy online from various places. There is no reason that he shouldn't give you a credit and deal with the UPS claim himself. Liveaquaria hands down has the best customer service.

Wow-- I have been considering ordering from him since I live close enough that he'll ship to me for free, but I am skeptical of that now. I'd rather pay $35 in shipping for it to make it to me than put up with that BS!

alright im gunna say dont buy from him either

worst experience i had with communication

i won an item from his ebay store and then i emailed him to hold up on the shipping because im going to bid on something else and he responded ok will wait to ship and then the next day i get an email from ups saying i have a package coming to me and at this time i didnt think anything of it because i did have something else coming to me so i thought it was that

i get home to doa corals because i wasnt expecting corals so i was like wtf

so i emailed them saying wtf? you guys said you would wait, and during this time when the package was in transit i won the other coral

the whole reason i bought both of these corals is to ship together and save on shipping and he wanted me to pay again for shipping! problem is that theres multiple people doing things that they shouldnt which is why the communication from them is horrible

the first coral i won was a maze brain with orange center and green outside, now if i wanted a brown centered maze i could have gotten that from anywhere

i wouldnt buy anything from these guys ever and i wont and i tell all my friends to stay away

fraggle rockette
MrCoral is a local fish store to me. Problem is he's involved in too much. He has a store front, online website and sells on ebay. I am no way defending him, I buy online from various places. There is no reason that he shouldn't give you a credit and deal with the UPS claim himself. Liveaquaria hands down has the best customer service.

that just doesn't seem like a good enough excuse. miguel (at fraggle reef) does the same thing, and has excellent customer service. then again, some people are just better at juggling...

just throwing this out there: UPS is a horrible company when it comes to filing claims. I am trying to get refunded for shipping that occurred almost 3 months ago. I sent the shipping back to the customer in a day, and I am in no way as large or capitalized as UPS, so why does it take them, (a shipping company), so long?. Still waiting for UPS, that company is just worthless if something goes wrong. It takes the post office 10 minutes to refund your money. It will take them at least another month to get the shipping refund. With that said, many of the people who work there are professionals, company policy just makes it a pain to deal with.

Does any shipping company cover live animals? Not sure on that. Never heard of company that covers them. Fedex doesn't I don't think, I know UPS for sure doesn't, and the post office doesn't either.

I'm in the same boat with dtfleming...MC is local and I've never had any issues with their stuff online or at the storefront personally, but lately I've heard a lot of complaints. Hopefully they right the ship before it sinks on them...

Companies that can't take care of current customers while they grow don't last long.

Kellie in CA
just throwing this out there: UPS is a horrible company when it comes to filing claims. I am trying to get refunded for shipping that occurred almost 3 months ago. I sent the shipping back to the customer in a day, and I am in no way as large or capitalized as UPS, so why does it take them, (a shipping company), so long?. Still waiting for UPS, that company is just worthless if something goes wrong. It takes the post office 10 minutes to refund your money. It will take them at least another month to get the shipping refund. With that said, many of the people who work there are professionals, company policy just makes it a pain to deal with.

Does any shipping company cover live animals? Not sure on that. Never heard of company that covers them. Fedex doesn't I don't think, I know UPS for sure doesn't, and the post office doesn't either.

I have to agree, I have to check on UPS claims sometimes at work. And it is a terrible process. It takes forever and they are almost always rejected for one reason or another.

Needreefunds

I also agree as others have said the customer should be reimbursed promptly.

Be it with a replacement shipment or a refund.

The seller should deal with the carrier and the time it takes to be refunded.

If it were my reputation as a business at stake I'd be sure to do all I could to keep the customer happy.

What is he gaining by keeping the customer hanging for his $$.

Now the customer has nothing but a headache and an ever growing bug up his arse to show for this transaction. Doesn't make sense. Look how many possible sales they lost that have posted in this thread already.

I was also looking to put a rather large order in.

No longer.

Sorry you are going through all this Normandy, but Thank you for posting. I hope it all works out for you the way it should. Good luck.

ill keep this witchhunt going lol

i won an item from Mr. Coral on Ebay, i believe it was a sun. night and i paid the moment i won the bid.

So i emailed him and was asking about how the shipping would go, when they usually ship, blah blah.....nothing back.

after a couple days i got some lame email about how they ship on wednesday and i didnt make it that week for whatever reason. i had to wait till the next week for them to ship it on wed n i got it thurs in a punctured a$$ bag (at least it was bagged several times) with barely any water in it. thank god i got it shipped to my office and i live close, i just left right away to get it in some water. I still have both the shrooms but one has been melting away/is bleached really bad. i see a few others growing on the rock so we shall see.

i dont think it would have bothered me as much if i would have recieved a little more interaction from them, other then just an email or two with a bare amount of information.

idt i would buy from them again unless it was their storefront. :(

sorry this happened to you (you all actually). but i must LOL at the ULTRA RARE radioactive dragon eyes. dragon eyes are very common zoas, but he should reimberse you on the dead corals and 1/2 shipping.

whenever i look at his website, all i can think of it some kid trying to peddle baseball cards. "omg look how rare this is!!!" i was considering an order when he had the freebie blue duncans, but one look at his site and i knew better.

WOW!! Not sure were to start guys. When it comes to UPS claim as a few has stated it is a pain in the Butt and can take time. As I stated on the site it states we are not liable for delays in shipping however, I would not leave you high and dry of course. By your emails I thought you were ok with this. I refax them the info again today which I did already once before. Not sure what the holdup is but I can't make them do anything I can just push it as much as I can. Yes, we are very busy but we always make time for everyone if you have any question you can call us at the store that is the best way to contact us. Emails can take 12 hours or so. I have no problem getting you out another package just give us a call and set it up if you can. UPS might be calling you also.

On a side note we will be changing to Fed Ex on Monday and the account rep assure me she will handle any claim quickly!!

Thanks again guys!!

Also, on another note. This post seem like I'm the devil or something!! Of course that is not the case and we don't have a sussesful business for nothing. We take care of everyone as much as possible. When something happens that is out of your control shipping problems all you can do is push things threw. Yes, the Website say were are not liable but as stated in the email I sent to him that he posted I would never leave him high and dry. I'm a man of my word and that is what I meant. I had no idea that this was how you felt I assume you were ok with this. This is the 1st I have heard about this and someone had to PM me to look.

Guys, Yes, I'm busy I run a Retail Front, Ebay, Website and Coach Little league but I can assure you I will take care of everyone 100%

We send out about 60 Packages a week with a 98% success rate. To any new customer that are reading this post I can assure you that you will only get the best from me and my business. Please read all the great feedback about us trust me were are not devils like the post appears us to be!!

Sorry for the UPS error which was out of my control I emailed you again about sending you a package next week with Fed Ex if you like.

If you have any question please call us at the store anytime 301-695-5777

marinekeeper

Seems like an attempt to make good, but may be a little late. As an owner, this negativity is the last thing you want. I've seen this post go from 1 PO'd reefer to many jumping in on their bad experiences with this vendor. Infact, too many for my liking and although I never dealt with them, I do not think I would take the risk now. Guess it's true...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

RayWhisperer

Hi,

Though I have never ordered from Mr. Coral, it seems to me he's trying to make good on what went wrong. I like to keep my business either local, or through N-R sponsors. Why don't we hold off final judgment until Mr. Coral has had a chance to make good on his word? Sound fair?

A little to late? Never to a late to fix a problem. We have 1000's of happy customers and will continue to do our best. Our we perfect? Not yet but we are always trying to get better.

Didn't read the whole thing but I would like to share my experience with him. I ordered some corals and 2 black and white clowns from him. 2 corals were dead within 2 days. I couldn't file a claim because it was 2 days after. But one clown arrived dead, so I took a picture and sent it to him. He refunded the money a few days later. Mr. Coral is a man of his words. I think the only problem is the shipping method that arrives by 3:00pm. I suppose my corals could of done much better if he used the one that arrives by 10:30am. Maybe the clown wouldn't die neither. Every minute in transit counts. It was a hot, hot, hot day. Those corals and fish couldn't last that long in a box with one ice pack. BTW I ordered enough to get the free shipping and thats what he used. If I known, I would of paid for shipping to get it to me by 10:30.

We can always send it for Early Am but the cost goes up big time on it. We will add it as a option on the new Fed Ex Shipping rate. I have work my butt off to get really good rates so hopefully we can keep shipping the same and continue to offer free shipping.

Hi,

Though I have never ordered from Mr. Coral, it seems to me he's trying to make good on what went wrong. I like to keep my business either local, or through N-R sponsors. Why don't we hold off final judgment until Mr. Coral has had a chance to make good on his word? Sound fair?

After several hours of this thread being posted, Mr. Coral has emailed me offering to resolve the situation. I have emailed back in regards to what I would like based on the credit for the dead corals. I will keep this thread posted on the progress of the transaction.

RayWhisperer
After several hours of this thread being posted, Mr. Coral has emailed me offering to resolve the situation. I have emailed back in regards to what I would like based on the credit for the dead corals. I will keep this thread posted on the progress of the transaction.
Well good.

There is nothing wrong with posting feedback here. That's what it's for. Often times that's all it takes to get the ball rolling. That's why I asked we all hold off final judgment until Mr. Coral has had a chance to make it right.

The way I figure, a business who sponsors N-R isn't very likely to be a scammer. We are a pretty tight knit community and bad news travels fast, far and wide. So, they'd be losing an awful lot of business from just one scam. I'd be willing to bet there are close to 100 members waiting to see how this unfolds. It just doesn't make sense that they would risk that kind of negative coverage.

Hope all end well for all parties.

Well good.

There is nothing wrong with posting feedback here. That's what it's for. Often times that's all it takes to get the ball rolling. That's why I asked we all hold off final judgment until Mr. Coral has had a chance to make it right.

The way I figure, a business who sponsors N-R isn't very likely to be a scammer. We are a pretty tight knit community and bad news travels fast, far and wide. So, they'd be losing an awful lot of business from just one scam. I'd be willing to bet there are close to 100 members waiting to see how this unfolds. It just doesn't make sense that they would risk that kind of negative coverage.

Hope all end well for all parties.

Update-

Mr. Coral and I have made an agreement on how to take care of this transaction and have agreed to wait for it to ship until next Monday when he changes over to FedEx.

I do want to be clear that I never felt that this was a scam or that he was dishonest in the way he dealt with me. He did ship the corals that I ordered when I ordered them and it was UPS that made the mistake here. The reason this thread was started was due to the lack of communication that transpired and the amount of time that was passing between communication. I doubt that will happen again with Mr. Coral (with me or hopefully anybody else), as this thread has been highly watched.

There are some cool pieces on his site and I hope for all involved, both the change to FedEx and the attention this thread gets will change how things are handled.

I'm looking forward to receiving the replacements and will continue to update.

Archived