Top Shelf Aquatics

Mr. Coral - Bad Luck turned good

Normandy

The flip side of the story is sometimes you get a buyer you can never please. Case in point is my ebay rating (lt_mitch is my name there) I have a 94% bc one a-hole left negative. He never researched what he was getting, didnt read the auction description, yet somehow it was my fault to make the situation right. This guy would not have been happy shy of me letting him keep the equipment and refunding his $200 (which isnt happening).

If you have 1000 transactions and only 1 or 2 are bad, especially in the business of live goods, I personally think you are doing well.

Now I agree some communication from Mr. Coral could have been improved upon, but he's clearly made his point about making right his wrongs.

I still will never purchase from ReefGardner who has no business slamming another vendor. I am a scuba instructor and would never go slander my competitors across town publicly, its unprofessional. Mr Coral is attempting to right his wrongs and save some customers and ReefGardner just jumps in to steal those customers. Unacceptable.

I've kept my mouth shut on here because Mr. Coral is working with me and we're going to resolve this situation. I will update upon the resolution and people can judge for themselves.

However, please don't group me in with some never-happy customer prick that you've delt with in the past. (Kmitch, not saying you were calling me this, but just making sure..kind of sounded like it) I can't remember a time I've ever left neg feedback. I'm personally in an executive position within a sales organization (Television Broadcasting). I started from the ground floor and worked my butt off every day to get where I am. I've dealt with unhappy clients every day for a decade, some you can please and some you can't...I realize that. I'm not one of those people...they drive me nuts both personally and professionally. I'm more the type that will never say a word, but not come back.

There was a failure here, but right now Mr. Coral is doing everything he can to reslove this. This includes going so far as to change the company he uses to ship...probably a raging PITA.

Let's hold off judgement until it's over. This should have never gotten this far, but I think all involved have learned from it.

There are 3-4 good LFS in my area...a large city...but most of the time there is a much wider selection online. I'm guessing that this will never happen again w/ Mr. Coral. Not that there won't be mistakes, but that they will be handled well before it gets to this point. This one thread is bad enough, having another would be exponentially terrible.

This issue is still not completely resloved, but I'm assuming all will be good by the beginning of next week. Depending on that outcome, I'd be willing to give a 2nd chance.

Let's stop this snowball for now. Both against Mr. Coral and Reef Goddess.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FloridaReefer
Pm, me FL reefer I will take care of you then you can Post Happy Faces!! :)

No need Mr. Coral, I'm a small business owner myself and I know that every sale is important. So thanks very much for the offer, but I was just joking, trying to lighten the mood. Your offer alone is enough to show you are customer friendly to others that read this post. :D

Normandy I was not refering to you in that post, someone else had made a comment about the negative feedback on his ebay auction, and I was referring to those. I think you did the right thing and I hope it all works out for you.

If anyone I think reef gardner owes mr coral an appology for being so out of line but i am not the forum referree :)

Since when is bad feedback an unacceptable bash? If you can't take some bad feedback everynow and again, you're not cut out for business.

The fact of the matter is, RG is a site sponsor and vendor. However, that does not keep her from posting bad feedback that she experienced as a CUSTOMER of another vendor.

Let me tell you guys a little story. I worked for a company that provided service and products to competitors as well as consumers. The business world of telecommunications is incestuous like that. We often heard that our products and service were terrible. Both our customers and our competitors sang the same song. Needless to say, I had to find a new job in fairly short order.

My point here is, if you're bad, you're bad. It doesn't matter who says so. Businesses are so intertwined these days that anyone can have any relationship to your business. Supplier, dealer, customer, competitor can all be one and the same person or entity.

What happened with RG, happened as a customer to MrC. As such, she's entitled to her opinion, whatever it may be and however it is phrased. By engaging in business with another person, it is her right.

The most disturbing thing to come out of this thread is what steviet said about his purchase of a clam from MrC. His clam either didn't show up or showed up dead, I cannot recall. Time went by and steviet's requests for a refund were met with games and refusal. Yes, he got his clam 6 months later. However the actions of MrC don't strike me as those of a fair or scrupulous business.

How did everyone miss that?

petkingdom619

thanks mr.coral . I was just looking through your stuff when the prices changed.they are a very fair price when on sale, considering the free frag over 75 purchase.

HeyLookItsCaps

ya O.o

i didnt understand that post either.

lemme try and translate.

i think hes saying that you told everyone that stuff was 50% off, but it doesnt reflect that on your website. i assume this is like an "inside" deal kinda thing so you didnt change all your prices. or am i wrong here and way out of context lol

Please accept my apology...

The red sale #s did not show on my hit of your web site...

NOw it shows the awesome RED prices...

I follow up on most of my posts...

This ONE for sure...

NICE Auzzie LPS.

Izzue

For customer service with CORALS ... Dr Mac is about as good as it gets in my book.

Its almost too good, I mean sometimes I want to say to them..."all right already..everything is fine, I would let you know if it was not.

This is how my last order went.

1) Place order online

2) Get email confirm

3) Next day, they call and say they are going to ship, verify what I ordered and is there anything else I need

4) Email shipping confirm and tracking #

5) Receive corals, nice packing, great corals, each coral labled, right amount of cool packs

6) They call me a few hours after arrival to see if I am happy with what I received

7) 3-4 days later they call and make sure all is still ok

8) 1 week later, send an email thanking me for the order and checking again if I got what was expected.

Mark

EDIT: Their pics have the right lighting...not 1000W of actinic or cranking up the color saturation.

Who is Dr. Mac?

damn, i miss those red yumas you got MR CORAL!i think it's sold out already.

pm me if you got some awesome yumas,pls.

i love N-R!!!!

Actually my favorite site online right now (other than my own hehe) is Extreme Corals: http://www.extremecorals.com/Merchant2/mer...mvc?Screen=SFNT . I haven't ever had a chance to order with them, but their corals look really nice and he updates it often. Pacific East and Live Aquaria have always been good to me in the past. Live Aquaria's coral guarantees are really great, wish I was big enough to be able to offer a 14 day guarantee.

Looks like everyone can get a good deal with Mr. Coral now which will give them an opportunity to improve upon this thread with pos feedback.

How can a vendor bash another on a public forum and then advertise yet ANOTHER site on the same thread!? To me...THAT is rude and bad business practice. You wouldn't want someone doing that to you...he is trying to make things better...

??? I said at the end of that post that Mr. Coral is giving everyone a good deal and that the people buying from him now can improve this thread by posting pos experiences, which is totally giving him some credit. Give me a break. lol

As for the other stuff, I was merely agreeing with the previous poster about some other good sites. I'm not even trying to hype my own site so get off my case. I'm trying to turn this thread in a more pos direction and acknowledge that Mr. Coral is doing the right thing. jeez.

Then PM the person...I just think all of your posts were rude in this thread...

You are so out of line. How can you first bash the snot out of him, then offer competitors info, and THEN try and play like you mean good because you wish well..... get a grip. I think you've lost more customers from you're poor business practices than Mr. coral has.

Archived