Coral Vue Hydros

disaster's custom 20gal

disaster999

hmm...not even a single comment huh?

oh well, ill just keep whoring out my tank for those interested

took clearer shots of my goby, i believe its a blue spotted watchmen goby, im not entirely sure. it started eating pellets right off the bat as i introduced it to the tank.

DSC_2560.JPG

DSC_2562.JPG

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it doesnt stir it up much, just roam around my tank and pick out pellets out of the water when he sees one float by. i havent through about getting a pistol shrimp to pair with it. im afraid of snails and hermits becoming its meal.

took some top down shots of my tank tonight as i havent taking any in a while. the new hood i got made it near impossible to take any decent shots. i need to some how lift it up high enough for my camera to fit in and be still bright enough light up the corals for a shot.

DSC_2563.JPG

DSC_2565.JPG

DSC_2569.JPG

DSC_2570.JPG

DSC_2571.JPG

starting to venture into SPS, got these "frags" from a local reefer for 20 bucks. i was surprised to see how big they were when he handed it to me. i guess our definition of frags are a bit different.

birds nests

DSC_2576.JPG

DSC_2577.JPG

1 out of 4 monti frags i fragged from the frag

DSC_2578.JPG

Cat paw sps i have no idea where to put.

DSC_2579.JPG

Tank is getting very crowded

DSC_2583.JPG

i hope they good well in my tank. i used to hate sps because they arent cool looking and dont move, but now im starting to like them more and more

i hope they good well in my tank. i used to hate sps because they arent cool looking and dont move, but now im starting to like them more and more

:lol: those friggyn expensive colored candy cane sticks! it happens

just like to take the time to say,

ive read your thread and i want

to say beautiful fab,

hope one day i could get my tank somewhere

along that line awesome well done

more SPS update, all SPS are doing great. the monti are showing growth. one birdsnest is doing really well, where as the other kind of lost its color, but are showing sign of growth. the cat paw is getting its colors back as well. also got a frag of toadstool from a local reefer today. this 1/2" piece cost more than all the SPS together.

slightly bleached birdsnest. you can tell its not as red as before

DSC_2637.JPG

this birdsnest is doing very well

DSC_2644.JPG

same old milli, nothing changed...im not sure if its dead or not =(

DSC_2645.JPG

monti showing the growth ring and opened polyp

DSC_2640.JPG

DSC_2642.JPG

new green tip toadstool

DSC_2636.JPG

Couple of things......

Tank is awesome!

What I love about it is the fact that it isn't all "gadgeted" out with

automatic this and electronic that. It's nice and simple, and with

air powered skimmer no less....wow!

Don't worry about people not commenting on your posts, what is

there to say,other than "Awesome!!" or maybe "Damn, you get

crazy cheap prices on EVERYTHING!!" (A custom made, drilled tank

for 38 dollars...WHAT!)

Keep the posts coming, and Thanks!

Doug N (lurker)

Couple of things......

Tank is awesome!

What I love about it is the fact that it isn't all "gadgeted" out with

automatic this and electronic that. It's nice and simple, and with

air powered skimmer no less....wow!

Don't worry about people not commenting on your posts, what is

there to say,other than "Awesome!!" or maybe "Damn, you get

crazy cheap prices on EVERYTHING!!" (A custom made, drilled tank

for 38 dollars...WHAT!)

Keep the posts coming, and Thanks!

Doug N (lurker)

thanks. i try to keep this tank as simple as i can. no point adding all these reactors, and dosers and ATO. going to complicate things a lot more and drive up the cost. my tank is still small and doesnt take much to do everything manually.

Nice I wish I went with a Nikon macro instead of the Sigma 70mm F2.8 I got a nice deal on it tough....

i just got lucky i have a friend who has this lens and dont use it much. i heard the sigma 150mm a really nice macro lens which has the same performance if not, better, than the nikon 105mm and a reasonably priced too. i own a nikon 60mm macro and kind of regret getting that lens after using the 105mm. im sure the 150mm be similar to the 105mm if not better.

heres a non photo update. all the SPS are still doing fine except my milli still looks the same. been feeding oyster eggs and my corals seem to respond pretty well to it.

here are some thought of some potential updates within this month. first of all, on the 30th is my bday and planning on ordering a taller cabinet for my tank. one that fits the tank better and match my hood. im still wondering on the height i should have the stand made to. im 6'1" and the tank is 14" tall. would a 4 foot tall cabinet be still too short? or should i go higher?

second of all, with my new cabinet, i can accommodate a larger skimmer. the air skimmer im using right now gets the job done and been keeping my water clear, but i am tired of changing out air stones. ever since the announcement of the new bubble magus nac3 skimmer, ive been wanting to get it. has a really small foot print. its abount 5"x11"x20" tall and for tanks up to 200L and its selling for 64 bucks. ive seen it in person and saw one running in the shop and i must say that thing performs pretty good.

0908102059e33e0c49bb63ad03.jpg

lastly. im thinking of setting up a grow out portion in my sump. going to put together some screw in type LED spot light that evil featured once before. probably gonna get 2 of those hoping it would be powerful enough to grow SPS. the reason for setting a grow out station is because i want to pick up more SPS frags for my tank. BUT i am only able to get colony sized SPS which would be too big for my tank. ive seen people sell frags locally online and seems like theres a # of people who like to smaller size, or newbies who like to try but dont want to dump a lot of money on a big sps just to see it die. also, i can hide all the random pieces of frags within my display tank.

let me know what you all think and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

no more nikon 105mm VR, back to my Nikon 60mm AF-S. still takes good pictures, but i miss the 105mm. some day i will trade it in and get the 105mm

DSC_3118.JPG

DSC_3121.JPG

DSC_3119.JPG

DSC_3123.JPG

DSC_3125.JPG

DSC_3122.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived