SaltCritters.com

disaster's custom 20gal

disaster999

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

small update, i was taking pictures of my 100g tank since i just added rocks in. so i thought ill take some pictures of the new additions to the tank.

a cool looking zoa i found

DSC_3374.JPG

DSC_3377.JPG

new fish...wanna guess what it is?

DSC_3337.JPG

i would get a full body shot if i can, but its pretty hard when hes lying ontop of my zoas on a flat surface

then some serious of crappy shots of my clown...someone please teach me how to take better fish pics

DSC_3364.JPG

DSC_3365.JPG

DSC_3366.JPG

DSC_3367.JPG

DSC_3369.JPG

DSC_3370.JPG

DSC_3371.JPG

*yawns*

DSC_3372.JPG

Cool new pics! is that a bicolor blenny? or a tailspot blenny? When taking pictures of you fish try using ISO 800 and at least a 1/80 shutter speed. I like to set it in Shutter priority to 1/80 @ ISO 1600 with noise reduction On

its a tail spotted, 3rd times the charm...so far hes liking the tank.

first one got his ass handed to him by a dotty back (my mistake for not researching). second one died on the way home, went back to the shop but its closed (no return policy in hong kong)

i think i made a the mistake of leaving it in aperture mode. should try shooting in manual. stupid clowns wont stay still enough for me :angry: i cant use ISO higher than 800, theres going to be way too much noice. NR would take away the details of the fish

• 4 weeks later...

loved your tank. its clean and beautiful.

i too wanted my tank to be clean like yours, but mine is a mess. live rock all over my tank. lol

i want to ask you, what temperature do you keep you chiller to? i also has a hailea 150a, mine is set to 27. is it okay? all my live stock are locally collected except one baby tomato clown fish i got recently from LFS.

hey encore, thanks, but my tank is a mess too. i have frags all over the place and a few HUGE aiptasia annoying my corals. i have to take care of those first

regarding my chiller, i keep it at around 26c. and seems to work out fine for my corals. i know shops in hong kong keep theirs at 22-24c. 27c should be fine, as lots of people here keep their tanks at that temp, but i personally wouldnt esp you have a chiller.

but the most important thing is keeping your tank stable

my tank is near its end

this was taken last month

DSC_3421.JPG

this is as of today

DSC_3553.JPG

where did all my corals go?

here

DSC_3557.JPG

Beautiful! Your clowns have grown so much :)

thanks, in about half a year, they grew more than an inch

gorgeous. are you using the nikon 100mm lens for these or the 60mm? i forget.

this is with the 60mm, returned the 105mm to my friend, such a nice lens, the 105mm would come in handy when i start taking pictures in my large tank.

• 2 weeks later...

its been almost 2 years since i set this tank up. it went through a lot in these 2 years time...upgrades, issues with water, fish keeps dying. then it flourished and turned into a really simple and clean looking tank for a while, until it ran out of room.

with the new tank up and running now, ive been slowly moving corals over to the new tank. last night my last movable SPS is in the new tank. the only thing thats left are 3 rocks with zoas and monti cap and mushrooms. i am still deciding i would do with the remaining rocks with corals. i will see if i can somehow accommodate the remaining rocks into my new tank, if not, i would have to sell them. my goal is to take down the tank this weekend and move it into the garage where it will be turned into a possibly a QT tank or frag tank.

i will keep you all posted.

the deed is done. the tank is taken down and the only thing left is an empty corner.

the tank will be back up eventually, but not sure as what it will be.

thanks everyone that followed along the build. this tank has treat me well. it will be missed

aug 4th, 2008 - jan 31st, 2010

DSC_3421.JPG

Archived