Top Shelf Aquatics

disaster's custom 20gal

disaster999

Tenacious716

Damn... I LOVE your tank man, and those fire red zoanthids are amazing! In the US, most of your zoas are called "Japanese" and/or "Deepwater" and are quickly becoming popular and showing up in LFS's. Add a few more zoas to the beautiful garden and please my eyes! :D

Keep us posted... as you can see, I only reply when it's worthwhile! ;)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
deanmarine

wish clownfish were that cheap over here in australia. They cost 55 dollars for an occelaris and around 120-140 for true percs

disaster999
Damn... I LOVE your tank man, and those fire red zoanthids are amazing! In the US, most of your zoas are called "Japanese" and/or "Deepwater" and are quickly becoming popular and showing up in LFS's. Add a few more zoas to the beautiful garden and please my eyes! :D

Keep us posted... as you can see, I only reply when it's worthwhile! ;)

haha..thanks, im not really sure what kinda zoa i have. thanks for letting me know. i will definitely add more zoas. im always on the hunt for interesting and diverse colors. i will keep you guys posted.

wish clownfish were that cheap over here in australia. They cost 55 dollars for an occelaris and around 120-140 for true percs

hot damn. thats expensive. i thought they are pretty common since you know...finding nemo and such....

i know i know...sorry bad joke =P

anyways, ill be coming to the states for a week for my brothers graduation. i have someone take care of my tank for me. gave her simple instructions. just add top off water and feed my fish. i already did 2 water changes this week and vacuumed out most of the crap on the sand so it should be good to go. update more when i come back.

• 2 weeks later...
disaster999

thanks =) your cat is pretty cool too. i like the pattern on his/her head

just came back from the states, brought back some goodies with me...reefgeek/aquailliumination T5HO reflectors to replace my fishneedit crap. excuse the ghettoness, gonna make a wood box to frame it. this is just temp.

DSC_2082.jpg

DSC_2083.jpg

FTS

DSC_2080.jpg

so far i can tell its brighter than before. the polyp extension on my SPS is more, and my clams arent reaching for the light as much. definitely gonna keep an eye on the growth.

thanks =) your cat is pretty cool too. i like the pattern on his/her head

Thanks, he's a little fat (about 20lbs) but he's good company. I like the new lights! Can't wait to see the canopy. Do you have a membership to a woodshop or do you know someone with the tools?

disaster999

im probably gonna go have the shop where i got my tank made make the canopy as well. not sure about prices tho.

disaster999

im running ati actinic, aquablue plus, aquablue special and KZ fiji color

went and got some new addition to the tank

zoa with orange ring and a blue center, ive never seen these before

DSC_2124.jpg

unfortunately my bi color blenny died for some reason, went and got another blenny.

DSC_2107.jpg

my milli seem to react pretty good to the new light the base is really spreading and new polyp is forming

DSC_2128.jpg

disaster999

dont usually post up actinic shots, but i gave it another shot last night. turned out pretty good i think

DSC_2154.jpg

DSC_2158.jpg

DSC_2160.jpg

DSC_2162.jpg

disaster999

someone locally had some baby black clown fish so i went and picked 2 up. he said around 2cm long, but it looks a lot smaller than what it seemed.

heres a size comparison of how small they are

_DSC2198.jpg

close up

_DSC2197.jpg

_DSC2196.jpg

is it a good idea to have them inside that breeder box? im afraid my blenny will see them as food, also the strong currents might swept them into some place they shouldnt be or even down the overflow

• 2 weeks later...
disaster999

heres a small update, this is what my SPS looks like right now. it doesnt look too happy. is it because i dont have enough flow, or is it my water? there was a recent drop in alk so im not sure if that affects anything

_DSC2321.JPG

sun coral

DSC_2329.JPG

some green zoas

DSC_2331.JPG

here are the 2 baby clowns. you can clearly see which one is the male and female

DSC_2326.JPG

DSC_2327.JPG

lastly, never in my mind i would find this snail here. anyone wanna take a guess?

DSC_2332.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
disaster999

nothing really changed, i think my red people eater is slowly melting away for some reason. some pods were picking on it the other day. i moved it to where my clownfish are held at the moment but doesnt look too good

on the other hand, got myself a new hood

DSC_2439.jpg

DSC_2445.jpg

DSC_2442.jpg

just gotta wait a few more months before ill get the new cabinet and move the tank to a new location

disaster999

thanks =)

i finally let them out into the tank and so far they are doing good. exploring the area, they havent found the BTA yet tho.

DSC_2507.JPG

DSC_2512.JPG

DSC_2513.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived