Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

disaster's custom 20gal

disaster999

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the price it was a really good deal. it keeps the temp in my tank pretty stable. i set the chiller at 26c, it till let it go up to 27c before it kicks in and brings the temp back down to 26.

dont expect it to be quiet tho because it isnt...at least for my model, i cant speak for the other models. most of the LFS uses the same chiller.

for the price it was a really good deal. it keeps the temp in my tank pretty stable. i set the chiller at 26c, it till let it go up to 27c before it kicks in and brings the temp back down to 26.

dont expect it to be quiet tho because it isnt...at least for my model, i cant speak for the other models. most of the LFS uses the same chiller.

So it's quite noisy... thanks! I will consider it carefully.

yeah, its definitely not for a bedroom tank unless you like the sound of a compressor kicking in every 30 mins

How about power consumption? How many watt for this model?

unfortunately i dont have "killawatt" or similar to measure the power consumption...it did say 0.6A, 1/20hp.

i could only guess 1/20hp is the power consumption so (1/20) hp = 37.2849936 watts

time to update a little, starting to get the red algae under control and corals is starting to look a little bit better from changing to RO/DI water...thought ill break out my camera with the macro lens

DSC_0209-1.jpg

then went and bought 2 new corals

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

thanks :) the Alveopora opens up REALLY nice. the polyp extension is really long. the color on it is pretty good too. the tips is neon green and really pops under actinics.

the clam is a blast to watch also. its fun to see it freak out and close up really fast just to pop back open again. one thing tho is that its very hard to keep it upright. when it got freaked out and closed right up, it literally jumped and just flopped on its side. i had it somewhat buried in the sand. gotta see if i could stabilize it today

took some better pictures of the 2 new coral, hopefully they look clearer

DSC_0002-3.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

still trying to get this coral picture taking down

Got a paired up "black vest" true perc finally. no more fish killing each other. they are so good together one doesnt leave the other side for more than 2 seconds and always all over each other

male

DSC_0268.jpg

female

DSC_0269.jpg

togetherness

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

now hopefully i wont end up killing them both like how i did with my other fish -_-. quarantining it for at least 4 weeks.

my last fowlr i had a mated pair of true percs; just like what you have in your quarentine now. they where great & proved to be very entertaining @ any hour of the day/ night.

It makes me sad to think i sold them a little over a year ago. Good luck with them

although they are in a small quarantine tank, its still fun to watch them swim around. kind of nervous that something might happen to them while im at work. always want to rush home and check up on them. i should set up a webcam so i could keep an eye on them.

haha

Nice tank man. How do you like the sun polyps? I always thought they looked awesome but I've heard they are kind of a pain in the ass to keep. What are your experiences with them so far?

Also if you'd be willing to take some pictures of your LFS or even just random shots around your town I'd love to see it. Never been to China before.

Edit: Also just for reference since I saw you say it wrong a few times. LFS = Local Fish Store :)

Nice tank man. How do you like the sun polyps? I always thought they looked awesome but I've heard they are kind of a pain in the ass to keep. What are your experiences with them so far?

Also if you'd be willing to take some pictures of your LFS or even just random shots around your town I'd love to see it. Never been to China before.

Edit: Also just for reference since I saw you say it wrong a few times. LFS = Local Fish Store :)

i have a thread a while back about my LFS you can check it out here. i said it wrong on purpose because the whole street sells nothing BUT fish. i guess i should of said LFSS (local fish store street)? theres around 30+ stores in a 2 blocks that sells all kinds of fish equipment, live stock and anything in between.

Sun polyps are extremely easy to keep as least for me. they do however need to be fed every so often. i hand feed them mysis shrimp and so far they are really happy. just gotta be patient with them and take some time out to feed them.

some update shots from yesterday...quick and dirty style

randall's goby

DSC_0459.jpg

Corals slowly recovering from what i believe is crap salt i used and the red slime i had for a long time in my tank

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

FTS...note..no more red algae!!

DSC_0461.jpg

see if you can spot where the goby is sticking its head

• 2 weeks later...

updates...tank is doing ok i guess...most of my zoas are dead for some reason. one is still opened up pretty good. 2 totally died i think, 1 is looking flesh. i have NO idea whats going on. all my other corals is doing ok

got new corals....GSP

_DSC0001.jpg

some sort of acan i think...anyone know?

_DSC0005.jpg

update pictures...transparent mushroom/ric had this ever since i started the tank. it hasnt really grown, but it never died

_DSC0002.jpg

feather duster in the sand

_DSC0003.jpg

happy clam

_DSC0004.jpg

recovered frog spawn

_DSC9999.jpg

FTS...red slime is coming back again...another dose of chemi clean -_-

_DSC9994.jpg

took more pictures, this time of my of my fish and shrimp

cleaner shrimp

_DSC0004_2.jpg

_DSC0010.jpg

The only clown that wont kill itself

_DSC0005_1.jpg

Randall's Goby

_DSC0015.jpg

nothing much to update...cyano is coming back again, so another chemiclean treatment is in order. had to turn off the skimmer for the treatment so i took the chance to empty it and clean it. just showing off the skimmate this air driven skimmer pulled.

DSC_0185.jpg

thinking of doing some mods to it...we'll see

Archived