• Created
  • Last Reply
dahliaheartsyou
I get about right now you are itching to get some corals :P

YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!

but i can wait...

you know what they say

good-things-come-to-those-who-wait_.jpg

later this month, like the 24, is the biggest swap in MI and I plan on doin some real damage...

I plan on getting easier stuff, I think, like neon clove polyps, xenia, crazy bright zoas/polyps...

is there any euphyllia that is easier? I plan on getting like every kind, and was just wondering which I might try first...

BTW since I'm in a sharing mood

Meh Kitta baskin in the morning sun.

UR KITTEH, IT HAZ A KASE OF TEH BEWTIFULL KITTEH SINDROME!!!!

Looks like molts to me. I've lost track of how many hermits I have so when I pick out legs, I can't tell if I'm down a hermit or not. I did discover a naked hermit in my fuge. Weirdest looking thing I've seen in my tank in a long time. Just make sure you keep some spare homes for your little guys.

As far as euphyllia go, I had a lot of success with torch coral , even when I was a noob. It was growing new heads before I knew it.

dahliaheartsyou
Looks like molts to me. I've lost track of how many hermits I have so when I pick out legs, I can't tell if I'm down a hermit or not. I did discover a naked hermit in my fuge. Weirdest looking thing I've seen in my tank in a long time. Just make sure you keep some spare homes for your little guys.

As far as euphyllia go, I had a lot of success with torch coral , even when I was a noob. It was growing new heads before I knew it.

Yeah, def. molts, I counted head(or feelers haha) and all 5 are there...

OMG NAKED CRAB!!! he was probably a shy fellow! haha.

Hm, alright cool, I'll see if I can find a flourescent tipped one, it looks purple with yellow/green tips, cuz I think the others are kinda ugly....haha.

THANKS!

Torch's have a powerful sting and have very long sweeper tenticles. I's go with a frogspawn and/or hammer. I have both and never had any problems with them.

dahliaheartsyou
Torch's have a powerful sting and have very long sweeper tenticles. I's go with a frogspawn and/or hammer. I have both and never had any problems with them.

cool. I love both...I guess i'll see what they have there. Hammers are my fav though.

You should go to the swap!

cool. I love both...I guess i'll see what they have there. Hammers are my fav though.

You should go to the swap!

As of right now I'm not in the mood plus I'm trying to save some $. I do really want to go to a swap though.

dahliaheartsyou

Ok, I have some not really exciting updates, just a hermit switching shell(I didn't get to see) and the others pretending they are going to and make me watch an hour of them CLEANING shells, no switching... :angry:

Old shell

blue2.jpg

new freakin giant crazy colored shell

10.jpg

6.jpg

and here's the one that toyed with me...RED is her name (like Donna from that 70's show)

"hey this looks nice"

7.jpg

"yes, it has a nice view too"

9.jpg

*starts to look at every aspect by turning shell*

5.jpg

1.jpg

"lemme just try her on for size here..."

2.jpg

"HEY! wow look at the square footage in the neighbor's!"

3.jpg

And here she is all done home shopping, waving at me...

waving.jpg

And, I finally got an ok pic of one of my mini nems

goodcoralpic.jpg

dahliaheartsyou
Nice mini nem!

why thank you!

may I say nice everything in your tank!

i have 2 and I think the top one started to split yesterday a little, maybe I'll have round #2 and be lucky this time. I should prolly feed them if I want more...but eh.

dahliaheartsyou
Cool hermit pics. Looking good.

THANKS!

i'm still debating if I am going to go to a giant swap on the 24th or not.

I think it is too early to add corals, but there are gunna be a great amount of diversity and good deals...

I mean, I'm sure the corals would survive(I already have my mini nems looking great-and all parameters are in check) but it seems like everyday new things pop up, then their populations wane, and I dunno...

I'm scared to get corals I think, I don't wanna kill any :(

Sexy Shrimp
funny-pictures-cat-pwns-dog.jpg

This is my fave cat pic you have posted so far!

Adding my own cat Dexter :)

C_71_article_1018278_image_list_ima.jpg

Liking the aquascaping and all the pics. It's nice to see a thread with more pics than mine!!! Look forward to seeing more.

dahliaheartsyou
This is my fave cat pic you have posted so far!

Adding my own cat Dexter :)

C_71_article_1018278_image_list_ima.jpg

Liking the aquascaping and all the pics. It's nice to see a thread with more pics than mine!!! Look forward to seeing more.

Oh my gosh, thank you!

it is so nice to have people tell me my tank looks good when they are like the deities of nano reefing!!!

haha, I think that is my fav. pic too!

Also, your cat, I MUST HAVE HIM!!!!!

Sexy Shrimp

I would hardly call myself a diety but thanks :) I'm just a gobby one who keeps getting threatened with the bad stick lately (only by OC funnily :§).

Dexter is funny - he's not like a cat. He doesn't sit on your knee he stands on your chest and puts a paw on each side of your next then nibbles your ear! He is such a freak. He doesn't do being stroked - he likes being patted like a dog. And the harder the better! Him and my dog fight like your pic but they love each other and sleep together :)

Looking forward to more pics. Don't worry about adding corals too soon if your carpet nems look as good as they seem ;). Just remember if you add corals first then fish you may get mini cycles when adding fish so keep up with the testing and water changes :)

I would hardly call myself a diety but thanks :) I'm just a gobby one who keeps getting threatened with the bad stick lately (only by OC funnily :§).

Dexter is funny - he's not like a cat. He doesn't sit on your knee he stands on your chest and puts a paw on each side of your next then nibbles your ear! He is such a freak. He doesn't do being stroked - he likes being patted like a dog. And the harder the better! Him and my dog fight like your pic but they love each other and sleep together :)

Looking forward to more pics. Don't worry about adding corals too soon if your carpet nems look as good as they seem ;). Just remember if you add corals first then fish you may get mini cycles when adding fish so keep up with the testing and water changes :)

OC?

THANKS!

i'm still debating if I am going to go to a giant swap on the 24th or not.

I think it is too early to add corals, but there are gunna be a great amount of diversity and good deals...

I mean, I'm sure the corals would survive(I already have my mini nems looking great-and all parameters are in check) but it seems like everyday new things pop up, then their populations wane, and I dunno...

I'm scared to get corals I think, I don't wanna kill any :(

I think you would be ok to add coral, but that's up to you.

dahliaheartsyou
Nice mini nem. Cool pics of the hermits

THANKS!

OMG!!!!

I JUST SAW THAT NEM I TOOK A PIC OF SPLITTING!!!!

NOW I'm GUNNA HAVES A BABYS!!!!

i'll post more when it splits completely!

mininemsplit3.jpg

mininemsplit1.jpg

mininemsplit2.jpg

Couldn't help but notice your obsession with cats, so I thought I'd throw in some pics of my fiance's cat (technically my cat too I guess, but it is my first and definitely prefer dogs).

As a kitten:

zoe.jpg

zoe3.jpg

As a cat:

zoe2.jpg

zoe1.jpg

^^ That looks like the cat form of Wilford Brimley :)

Tank is looking awesome....I have been checking in to see how things are going, just not posting :) It looks and sounds like you are really enjoying the tank and that's all that really matters. It's a hobby after all.

All of the pictures are great, gotta give it to another DigiRebel user. I have had mine for about 5 years now and just love it. Of course I would like the newer models but I've spent my money on L glass instead....its more about the glass and person behind the camera than the camera itself. Love all the non-reef pics as well.

dahliaheartsyou
Very nice! I hadn't really looked before, but I'm glad that I finally did.

thanks so much!

one of the coolest things I've seen in my tank.

That pic is really cool Dahlia!

keep up the good work!!

tanks so much!!!!

i can't wait till my tank is all pretty and stocked like yours!!!

Couldn't help but notice your obsession with cats, so I thought I'd throw in some pics of my fiance's cat (technically my cat too I guess, but it is my first and definitely prefer dogs).

As a kitten:

zoe1.jpg

I know I commented already on your cat...but i'll say it again

THAT IS THE SWEETEST FREAKIN CAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

i think it's famous too...

funny-pictures-wise-owl-cat.jpg

^^ That looks like the cat form of Wilford Brimley :)

Tank is looking awesome....I have been checking in to see how things are going, just not posting :) It looks and sounds like you are really enjoying the tank and that's all that really matters. It's a hobby after all.

All of the pictures are great, gotta give it to another DigiRebel user. I have had mine for about 5 years now and just love it. Of course I would like the newer models but I've spent my money on L glass instead....its more about the glass and person behind the camera than the camera itself. Love all the non-reef pics as well.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS!!!

i love my rebel, the new one isn't worth the money IMO and it really matters who is taking the pics...i let my mom use it once and good god...that's all i can say.

kissdog.gif

and I just saw this...

LOLOLOL. i lubs it.

Archived