SaltCritters.com

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess I was wrong. I don't have and don't want a cat. I used to have a kitten when I was in elementry school and I remember loving it. He was a pain in the butt though so my parents gave him to out neighbor. I like kittens but don't really like them as cats.

dahliaheartsyou
Here a Cute Dog for ya :D

Sorry Dahlia...i couldn't resist posting this pic...:D

NICE SWEATER!!!! :lol:

don't apologize!!!

i love when people post their animal's pics!

I'm glad people feel they can have somewhere to show em off!!!

NICE SWEATER!!!! :lol:

don't apologize!!!

i love when people post their animal's pics!

I'm glad people feel they can have somewhere to show em off!!!

Hahaha...It's his Ivy League Sweater...he hates it...but he looks so cute in it!!! Good ol' Mr. Pooh Bear :D

Unfortunately i am highly allergic to cats...but they seem to love me...always wanting me to pet them...soooo cute :D

-David

dahliaheartsyou
i win. just look at my avatar. I told myself I was buying a dog for my wife. 3 years later, he never leaves my side.

AW!

is that a scotty or schnauzer...or?

I dunno little dogs so much sorriez!

hahaha! same thing happened to my mom's friend with a little baby pomapoo!

schnauzer. and yes, postwhore is hilarious and appropriate. I have been a member of this site for like 2 years, and finally got over 100 posts.

dahliaheartsyou
hahahahahaha postwhore!

hey, I let people hi-jack and go with the flow...

I have a warning in my sig about it even!!!

if that makes me a p.w. so be it, then I am proud! :lol:

dahliaheartsyou
this is a long thread.

YOU ARE TELLING ME!!!

I'm in the process of making a short version (lol, it'll prolly be a page long...)

and by in the process, I mean delaying it till I feel like it...

AND...

this is how I feel about you even commenting on my thread...

:bowdown::blush::happydance:omgomgomg

dahliaheartsyou
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kraylen,

I can't believe you didn't post back to Sctn4Elk in that nanodad's green mandarin forum!!!

he FAILED you and everything!!!

p.s. everytime you post that...I think this

001-2.jpg

dahliaheartsyou
For all the cat lovers, not that I agree with this, but maybe you have never seen.

http://www.shorty.com/bonsaikitten/

dude, that made me really mad, upset, and want to throw up...

from humane society

"Since December 2000, The Humane Society of the United States has received literally thousands of complaints about a "Bonsai Kitten" web site—subsequently determined to be a hoax—that describes how to stuff kittens into glass containers to warp their bodies into the shape of the container. The site's creator describes and illustrates in detail the method for abusing these animals. Most of the illustrations, which appear to have been altered with photo-editing software, depict live kittens being jammed into glass containers.

The HSUS investigated these complaints and found that the site was a joke created by a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), who had registered it at his school under a false name. Encouraged by all the negative attention, the student cited his right to free speech in an attempt to keep the site online, but M.I.T. sided with the animal protection organizations and citizens who complained, and removed the site on December 22, 2000.

The following month, the site resurfaced on a new host, WEB2010.com. We contacted this company to voice our concerns, and the company removed the site on January 17, 2001.

While we were grateful to these hosts for removing the site, history tells us that creators of offensive web sites often seek out new hosts until they find one that has either no User's Agreement or allows all content, no matter how offensive, permitted under the First Amendment. The creator of the Bonsai Kitten site followed this pattern, and the site is currently hosted by a new company that refuses to remove it.

The Massachusetts SPCA and the FBI initiated an investigation of the site's creator, but discovered no evidence of actual animal abuse or the sale of bonsai kitten "products," though the investigation remains active. If the creator is not e-mailing the obscene materials to an unwilling audience, violating a User's Agreement, committing the abuse depicted on site, or actually selling products involving animal cruelty, then the site is considered free speech and is protected by the First Amendment.

How You Can Help

Please do not e-mail or otherwise contact the person running the site. The negative attention he's received has fueled the posting of the site in several locations and the formation of a group of supporters. One course of action is to contact the Internet Service Provider (ISP) that hosts the site. There are some exceptions, but in most cases, ISPs have removed sites because they determined that the sites' content violated their User's Agreement. For information on how to determine the ISP that hosts a particular site, see our page on What You Can Do about Web Sites that Promote Animal Cruelty.

A more effective response to web sites that depict animal cruelty is to submit information about them to the "Animal Cruelty Action List." The list's goal is to coordinate the efforts of the online community through targeted legal and time-sensitive methods, so that such sites are removed quickly, thus frustrating the purpose of the sites' creators to draw attention to themselves and their site. For more information, visit the Hugs for Homeless Animals web site.

The numerous complaints we have received about the Bonsai Kitten site have made us aware of the many good-intentioned people eager to make a difference. Every day animals are deliberately set on fire, beaten, tortured, drowned, dragged behind cars, stabbed, or otherwise abused. We need your help to put an end to the abuse of all animals. You can start making a difference for animals in distress today!"

+1 on the crab...if I don't keep mine fed he picks on the SPS....about ready to get banned to the fuge...

The hermits were most likely picking off algae and detrius from the corals...this is a good thing...as long as they don't try and eat the polyps or the flesh (which i have never seen) hermits are good....make sure you get reef hermits or the blue legs...they are herbivores....mostly

Beware of blue legged hermits. My blue legged hermits eat almost anything especially each other. I had a bunch in my 55 but they kept killing each other and now I'm down to a handful.

dahliaheartsyou
Beware of blue legged hermits. My blue legged hermits eat almost anything especially each other. I had a bunch in my 55 but they kept killing each other and now I'm down to a handful.

I only have 3, don't plan on getting more...

as all crabs, they are opportunistic in many ways, they just get a bad rap cuz they like to steal shells from snails and other hermits...

I keep them well fed, supplementing them with seaweed and a pellet now and then...

so they don't get too aggressive, although we all know what hermits is capable of... :o

kraylen,

I can't believe you didn't post back to Sctn4Elk in that nanodad's green mandarin forum!!!

he FAILED you and everything!!!

Who the guy with the goby and the dottyback in the 5 gallon pico? lmfao.... he can fail me all he wants.... my fishless 10 gallon proves where we both stand.

Dahlia have you done any water changes yet?

Do you have a RO unit yet?

Have you modified the chambers what do you have in em, and what about the lights (I am nosey since I have a bio cube too)

P.s. Every time I think of Kraylen I think of that "Flesh is burning" song

Flesh is burning nah nah nah Flesh is burning nah nah nah nah Flesh is burning nah nah nah (those are the only words)

dahliaheartsyou
Who the guy with the goby and the dottyback in the 5 gallon pico? lmfao.... he can fail me all he wants.... my fishless 10 gallon proves where we both stand.

hahaha....yeah.

I'm glad that you don't stuff fish like a lot of people do...

I thought you would like this...the same guy on here (fishhead junkie) started trying to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about on the MIreefers threads...(my tank thread there is a whopping 4 pages lol) and tried to tell me my hermit molts were dead hermits when they are all accounted for...

oh and that hermits Don't molt

He got mad because I called the tang police on him here, he has one in his BC:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=166548&hl=

Looks like one of your hermits got evicted. Shrimps and crabs(sally lightfoots etc) molt, not hermits. Either you miss counted or you got a hitchhiker hermit. They are expendable, there will be many more hermit deaths along the way. Good thing they are cheap.

Steve

I was like "hello, check one for fail!"

but really, I was like, "I wish Kraylen was here to back me up and say something really funny back to hermits not molting..."

The fact that you can see a translucent abdomen really confirms it, they have that when they molt to distract others, I woulda seen that long abdomen if it was dead...

right?

dahliaheartsyou
Dahlia have you done any water changes yet?

Do you have a RO unit yet?

Have you modified the chambers what do you have in em, and what about the lights (I am nosey since I have a bio cube too)

P.s. Every time I think of Kraylen I think of that "Flesh is burning" song

Flesh is burning nah nah nah Flesh is burning nah nah nah nah Flesh is burning nah nah nah (those are the only words)

Yes, I do weekly 10% water changes with distilled water I buy from a water place, that way I already asked about levels and sources.

Chamber 1: popped out false bottom, put a stealth heater in there, and 2 roll/chunks of poly batting filter that I change frequently, that way both little intake grates have something filtering them.

Oh yeah, I threw out that filter they gave you, just keeps water level lower..p.o.s....

Chamber 2: nothing in there except a bag of carbon, and a piece of poly...plan to make it a fuge with chaeto only and add a light.

Chamber 3: replaced 90 degree elbow with tubing (noticed increased gph immediately) and cut the sponge in half ( I clean that daily)

Lights: I popped out the lights, and switched them around, so the fans come on with the actinics.

I leave the actinics on for 10 hours(1 hour before/after daylight), daylight 8 hours, and moonlight l.e.d. on all the time.

Archived