Coral Vue Hydros

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dahliaheartsyou
for some reason im sceptical about the size...

Don't be posting your FAIL in my thread.

Fail.jpg

p.s. it's skeptical

He is talking about this HILARIOUS post:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=MR.FEESH

....seriously....read it...NOT

he wouldn't post the size of his tank, he just wanted to know the coolest fish for a tank...

LAME. and all he posted was about a 6, but "says" it's a 24...

IF NOT, and you are really "sceptical" about my tank size...

ONLY the 29 gallon biocube fits perfectly on the stand with 2 doors, the smaller only have 1.

FAIL again....

dahliaheartsyou
What?

Where do you find all this stuff from?

icanhascheezburger.com

but shhhhhh it is the secret to life.

funny-pictures-pelican-shows-you-th.jpg

funny-pictures-invisible-olympics.jpg

How are the snails in your cuc working for you? I just picked up a compination of 12 Astrea and margerita snails.

dahliaheartsyou
How are the snails in your cuc working for you? I just picked up a compination of 12 Astrea and margerita snails.

1st off, I was NOT talking about you bein a jerk...def that other dude.... :angry:

2nd- THEY ARE AMAZING! i think the turbos are the best, the ate most of the red turf, green cyano, and gha on the walls. the hermits eat the gha off the rocks, and i haven't seen the astreas do anything yet...just look cool.

but still, the green hair algae is a PITA....

also, anyone reading through this should watch this on national geographic...amazing video of all the things we have in the wild...

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/...oral-reefs.html

Ths morning most all of my Astrea snails have been on the glass which is a good sign. What a T5HO with 6 54 watt bulbs I get a lot of glass algae.

I like an emerald crab for gha. some people don't like them but I've never experienced any issues with them. keep them fed once they eat all the gha and you are good. GHA feeds off of phosphates and light so check your phosphates. Some local water companies add them to the watersupply to help keep pipes clean so it could be your source. Tank looks great! :D

Steve

dahliaheartsyou

So the CUC are doin their job well... the turbos got rid of the cyano and revealed some AMAZING rich purple colored coralline and the hermits/snails tore up the red turf to reveal....

TEAL CORALLINE?!?!?!?! is that possible?

New fts

USEfts.jpg

the only side I can take a pic of w/o hitting the wall....

USErightside.jpg

here's one of my mini nems, and the teal stuff, looks too green in the pic...

USEmininem.jpg

no more cyano! well, in the one spot...

USEnewpurp.jpg

another of my favorite friendly guy

USEhermit.jpg

and my other fav guy!

USEturbs.jpg

I call this snail love

USEsnaillove.jpg

ok so, I put my 75-300 mm lens on...without a tripod...here are a few of thepics...HOPE YOU LIKE!!!

USEmarigold.jpg

USElilywhite2.jpg

USElilymacrostemen.jpg

USElilybud.jpg

Canon rebel.

Is that a canon lens with macro mode? I"ve got a 70-200 2.8 but can't get that close. What f-stop is that lens? I'm starting to play around with a 50mm 1.8 on a reversing ring on my canon 20d. The focusing is very close and I'm enjoying the bokeh.

Steve

dahliaheartsyou
Is that a canon lens with macro mode? I"ve got a 70-200 2.8 but can't get that close. What f-stop is that lens? I'm starting to play around with a 50mm 1.8 on a reversing ring on my canon 20d. The focusing is very close and I'm enjoying the bokeh.

Steve

Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed it!!!

Yes, it is a canon lens, not the one they give you though, it is the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens, here is some info:

Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 75-300mm 1:4-5.6

Lens Construction: 13 elements in 9 groups

Diagonal Angle of View: 32° 11' - 8° 15'

Focus Adjustment: Front group rotating extension system with USM

Closest Focusing Distance: 1.5m/ 4.9 ft.

Zoom System: Rotating Type

Filter Size: 58mm

Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.8" x 4.8", 16.8 oz. / 71mm x 122mm, 480g

Ok, so I have some updates...

updated fts

updatedfts-1.jpg

New little scape I made with 3 little caves on the right bottom side

newcave1.jpg

Massive coralline growth, I have to scrape the walls daily, but it's mostly on the CUC shells!

Also, you can see a little hitchhiker starfish on him.

turbowithfriends1.jpg

Pod EXPLOSION!!!! It's been like this for the last week...

podsonglass.jpg

Some filter feeder things....

foraminaferin.jpg

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ok, it looks like a little hitchhiker star, has a blue tint, but most of them have developed a large bubble on the top....WHAAAAAAT?

bubblestar.jpg

Ok, so a couple days ago, I found what looked like to me my only red hermits molt. But, my mom was convinced it was dead, she says, "Wow, you can't even keep a crab alive you just got, see, this is going to be too hard for you...and you think you're gunna get corals....*insert ramblings here*"

Well MOM

here is old red himself

red1-1.jpg

and here he is running from who knows what...

redrunning.jpg

and here is his best side!

redsbestside.jpg

and last night I found my littlest blue guys molt...hoping it was a molt at least...

molt1.jpg

molt2.jpg

and here he is chillin today...pretty much on top of the world!

blue1-1.jpg

and here is my big daddy electric blue2.jpg

And my mini carpet nems have doubled in size, puffed up, and just looked better. But, now it sorda looks like they're trying to reach or something, I know they can move because they did the 1st day for better light...anyone know what's up?

mininems1.jpg

mininems3.jpg

mininems2.jpg

Anyways, I know it's not really exciting, but it's all I got!

Parameters:

Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate:0

Salinity:1.0255

dahliaheartsyou
I realy like thoughs mini nems and the cat's not too bad either! lol!

THANKS!

I got them for FREE with my live rock!

Here's what my cats think of the tank

"WOW...la dee da...BORING!"

whiskers.jpg

"Seriously, you spend way too much time on that...I'm goin back to sleep"

snuggy.jpg

"Iz sleeping!!! TALK TO THE FOOT"

nilnil.jpg

and here are some pics of my goldfish, say what you want, they have so much personality!

"I haz pretty scalez, see?"

orange1.jpg

"What did you say about me?!?! I can hear you through the glass!"

orange2.jpg

"Hey, what dis down there?"

goggles1.jpg

"Oh, it was nuffin *sad face*"

goggles2.jpg

You can really see the difference in the last one (goggles is his name) I got him 2 years ago and I guess the Panda Butterflies, along with all other fancies, change colors until they are 3 or 4. You can really see where the black turned white, but is now fillin in with a pretty deep orange/gold.

LOL crazy cat lady strikes again!!! OK that makes sense on your lens. I've been playing around with a reversed 50mm on my canon and the results are really impressive. It's a very inexpensive setup at around $70 total. But you can really get in there and capture some awesome macro photography with it. Tank looks good. I get about right now you are itching to get some corals :P

Archived