Top Shelf Aquatics

my piece of reef!My tank crashed during hurricane Sandy!

m'akoyPINOY

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys - quick ? for the New Yorkers - about how much do your tanks cost in electricity per month? What lights do you run?

I am running 2 175W MH ... plus actinics another 80W ... plus some LEDs ...

I pay roughly $70-80 total per month in electricity.

it's okay,david!and thanks you too have an awesome SPS dominated tank!

i'm on manhattan,too.i'm on 13th st between 1st 'n 2nd ave!

Woah.. you're like.... REALLY close to me.

You should jsut send me a FTS shot in PM and i'll choose what i want then when I get my secret project public... bahahahaha :naughtydance:

it's okay,david!and thanks you too have an awesome SPS dominated tank!

i'm on manhattan,too.i'm on 13th st between 1st 'n 2nd ave!

Thanks Makoy ... Let me know when you want some more "sticks" in your tank :D I will hook you up :D Dude I am FINALLY getting my ORA RED PLANET!!!! :D YEAH!!! :D and that ORA Bird of Paradise. :D

You should jsut send me a FTS shot in PM and i'll choose what i want then when I get my secret project public... bahahahaha :naughtydance:

^^^^^ LoL

i wanna see a running TANK of yours first then i'll send you a FTS. :P

how about that neighbor...

Omg I love your tank :o

cant wait to see those new zoas :D

thanks!me too i'm excited.

hey, looking forward to seeing the frags too... oh, wait, I can see them right now... ;)

no bro, I'm looking forward to sending them to you... I'm sure they'll find a good home in your tank... :D

hey, looking forward to seeing the frags too... oh, wait, I can see them right now... ;)

no bro, I'm looking forward to sending them to you... I'm sure they'll find a good home in your tank... :D

:o:o lucky you!you're the first one who set eyes on my CANDIES :wub: ...now stop staring at them!!! :P:D

marv don't worry i'll be taking good care of these candies..thanks a lot again. :bowdown:

hey,how's your visit to NYC ?

will do on NC's and PD's,lol!

'twas awesome bro.. And as you had suggested I went to Manhattan Aquarium. I really enjoyed it and tried to buy some zoo frag. I met that pinoy attendant and had a little talk. I was looking for pd's and nc's but unfortunately they don't have any.

While flying back home..... You have a heavy snow and was worried with the zoo on my check-in luggage.. came home and luckily they made it.

hope to fly back to nyc again.

spy

thanks to you!

Hi,

Which Manhattan Aquarium are you guys talking about? The one on 37th Street between 2nd and 3rd? Or 38th street between 10th and 11th?

I've gone to both of them... little expensive IMO - but I do go there because once in a while to check things out.

Deleted User 6

There's one on 37th at 2nd and 3rd? I've been to New World on 38th at 2nd and 3rd and they are pretty pricey - not a great SPS selection either.

Edit: The guys who sold me my base rock and the 10g I'm using as a sump were very nice though.

Do you guys ever go to Wonderful world of fish in Astoria? Don't know how they par in prices. I've seen 100 bucks for some acans, and some ORA Bottle brush frags for 69 bucks. Is that decent?

Hi,

Which Manhattan Aquarium are you guys talking about? The one on 37th Street between 2nd and 3rd? Or 38th street between 10th and 11th?

I've gone to both of them... little expensive IMO - but I do go there because once in a while to check things out.

i'm talking about the one on 38th and 10th n 11th!

plus you get 10% off if you're MR member on NYAS!!

i think new world are way expensive.

There's one on 37th at 2nd and 3rd? I've been to New World on 38th at 2nd and 3rd and they are pretty pricey - not a great SPS selection either.

Edit: The guys who sold me my base rock and the 10g I'm using as a sump were very nice though.

OVERPRICED!!

Do you guys ever go to Wonderful world of fish in Astoria? Don't know how they par in prices. I've seen 100 bucks for some acans, and some ORA Bottle brush frags for 69 bucks. Is that decent?

i bought some frags on WWOF last frag swap.never been to the store though.

if you want some good price on acans i know where to get!!pm me

$69 for a bottle brush!manhattan aquarium have some for sale for less!

$69 for a bottle brush!manhattan aquarium have some for sale for less!

Bottlebrush eh ... I have some Hypnotic Bottebrush ... :D Care to trade anything for some Makoy? :D :D :D Hehehe ... I found this Bottlebrush on Liveaquaria for $90 per frag ... :huh: ... I have a nice colony of the stuff :D

-David

Bottlebrush eh ... I have some Hypnotic Bottebrush ... :D Care to trade anything for some Makoy? :D :D :D Hehehe ... I found this Bottlebrush on Liveaquaria for $90 per frag ... :huh: ... I have a nice colony of the stuff :D

-David

[/quot

bring it over here,david! i'm ready!!!

:o

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL!! :wub::grouphug:

all my frags of mohawks is picked up today.so i got $$ to spend on more acan frags,lol.

and also i got my frags of chalice today.i can't wait for this chalice to color up more in my tank!

i wanna see a running TANK of yours first then i'll send you a FTS. :P

how about that neighbor...

thanks!me too i'm excited.

AHEM AHEM AHEM!! You see mine, I see yours... TIME FOR AN FTS!!!!

AHEM AHEM AHEM!! You see mine, I see yours... TIME FOR AN FTS!!!!

lol,i want fts with corals!btw let me know if you're looking for some corals and fish soon!

i think i might have some ;) .

i did W/C today!damn, i need frag racks!!!

for my rare :P zoas that's coming in wednesday.can't wait!!!

Archived