Cultivated Reef

The FTS Thread!

SeeDemTails

In 8 months this will be TOTM.

That would be very exciting lol.

So don't screw it up!

No pressure. ;)

The pressure is up. We're having a cyano problem (ugh) so I'm thinking with tax returns another mp10 might be in order. Underneath the lobo is going to be an acan lord garden and then I'll have some plates and SPS up at the top and then I'm done. It will be grow out and frag out after that. Oh, and Sunny Ds from lawnman.

Just hours after tank transfer from 10 gallon standard.

New tank: AquaTop Rimless 14.3 Bowfront

Just kinda thew the rock and corals in because I was in a hurry but I really like the scape so I'm monitering how corals are doing and moving when necessary.

post-79255-0-31834600-1392762231_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I appreciate it guys! Here's a more updated pic with final aquascape but I still need to find the best places for the frags on the sandbed. Helped a buddy move his 55 and he gave me a clown!

IMG_20140220_154512_zps9e31f565.jpg

• Like 10

I appreciate it guys! Here's a more updated pic with final aquascape but I still need to find the best places for the frags on the sandbed. Helped a buddy move his 55 and he gave me a clown!

IMG_20140220_154512_zps9e31f565.jpg

Whats your lighting?

Whats your lighting?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221339508089?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Yep.. eBay light. I had it about 18 in. off the water in this pic but have since moved it to about 12 in. just so I can cut down the intensity. In the short time I've had it, I've already noticed growth and colors are just amazing and it's easy to dial in desired temps because of the adjustable knobs for blue/white. I usually keep it about 30%, I may keep it the same with the closer distance but even at 10% things look great. I do understand how supposedly inefficient the LEDs in these units are compared to the more expensive sets but regardless the LEDs are powerful and the price is just simply unbeatable.. plus I'm sure it's just an unbranded reefbreeder value fixture or close variation.

• Like 1

I didn't realize the upgrade was so large Gena. I almost think my 40 gallon is too big.

I think the cube shape makes it seem smaller. For me anyways. :) When you say 45g it does sound huge!

Wow Gena, that is just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just got to have some of that chalice some day and I love the green leather toadstool!

How. your flower nem tank coming?

I just downsized from a 29 Biocube to a 17.1 gallon Mr. Aqua because I was wanting less and to have a cleaner look. It's still (as always) a work in progress, but I am really happy with this tank! Photo taken with iPhone 5.

• Like 1