Pod Your Reef

The FTS Thread!

SeeDemTails

Deleted User 4

Cool! My first viewer! lol Didn't know if it even uploaded so I've been referring to the Flickr video version.

Did you get the dimmer control? Ok, I really want to get one now lol. Hopefully I will see their vendor booth at reef-a-plooza this coming October. I'll get the black casing on the black foot legs. :)

Did you get the dimmer control? Ok, I really want to get one now lol. Hopefully I will see their vendor booth at reef-a-plooza this coming October. I'll get the black casing on the black foot legs. :)

Just buy one, you'll like it. They are darn bright so get the dimmer.

• Like 3
Deleted User 4

Just buy one, you'll like it. They are darn bright so get the dimmer.

Well, I'm planning on doing a scoly only tank....and so I checked out their site and it says they have light, medium or high light. I think medium light level is the one to go for lps. I want to get the actinic version only...so dimmer isn't really necessary?? I really want to just keep it minimal and simple/easy.

Get the dimmer. Just because it doesn't look bright doesn't mean it's not bright. I was bleaching Zoas on the sandbed in a 46 gallon bowfront. :)

The new site is confusing. That is only a guide to figure out how many lights you need, not the power of the LED's. Their configurator is down but you can cheat by messing around with the report page and part number.

This is a purple light I've been messing around with.

http://www.buildmyled.com/custom-report-details/?partNo=PS3090SS11LJLDJTLJLTJDLJL

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Get the dimmer. Just because it doesn't look bright doesn't mean it's not bright. I was bleaching Zoas on the sandbed in a 46 gallon bowfront. :)

The new site is confusing. That is only a guide to figure out how many lights you need, not the power of the LED's. Their configurator is down but you can cheat by messing around with the report page and part number.

This is a purple light I've been messing around with.

http://www.buildmyled.com/custom-report-details/?partNo=PS3090SS11LJLDJTLJLTJDLJL

Wait....but the thing is, I only need one light fixture..how many fixtures do you have over your 46g bowfront?

Man, I definitely do not want to bleach my future scolys......lol.

Wait....but the thing is, I only need one light fixture..how many fixtures do you have over your 46g bowfront?

Man, I definitely do not want to bleach my future scolys......lol.

I had a single 24 inch fixture on the front of the tank (in the bow), T5's on the back half. We should end this. Messing up the FTS thread. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

New 40cm (16") 16 Gallon Cube - "Aquatic Style" Rimless/Braceless with Opticlear Glass

Moved everything over from my old 10 Gal 2 days ago. Veeerrrrry happy with the upgrade from a top filter system, to a proper sump. I'm still going to be a water change freak (every 5 days religiously) but it's been a lovely upgrade.

Basic List of Fish Corals:

• True Percula Clownfish (Shelby, she loves her anemone and HATES me)
  • Orange Lined Cardinal (PJ, I'm quite attached to him)
  • Tiny Brown and Pink Sea Cucumber that hitchhiked in
  • Toxic Green Torch
  • Purple Star Polyps
  • Fluro Orange Short Tentacle Fungia (my new baby)
  • Green Short Tentacle Fungia
  • Small 8 head Acan colony (only very small, red and purple/blue)
  • Green/Pink Open Brain Trachy + another small green/red one
  • 2 x small colonies of Zoas (purple/green x 14 and 4 x blue/red/purple (the 2nd ones came as hitchikers on another piece of coral and I was given them, they should be impressive as they spread)
  • Blue/Purple Squammy Clam (Grumpy Clam as I have nicknamed it - it HATES being fed when it's not hungry and will blow away any food it doesn't want)
  • Couple of little scoly-type buttons (Red/Green and Blue/Green)
  • Green Aussie War Coral
  • Green/Pink and another White/Pink Bubble Tip Anemones (the white is obstructed from this shot)
  • Blasto Heads (4 small heads)
  • Magenta Carnation (newbie mistake - Bought as "Thistle" without realising it was the same thing)
  • Numerous blue/purple/orangey-red Morphs

I think that about covers it. I will do a build thread soon.

6f1b2d66da5792d4f94c.jpg
clicklarge3.gif

• Like 3