SaltCritters.com

A 14 gal reef in Paris

Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe

A little hello from France. :)

I follow a lot of tanks, I'm reading a lot, and I learn a lot on this forum since 3 years, so I decided to introduces my tank to thank everyone that helped me without knowing it. ;)

This tank is running since one year, it has been drilled last month to add a 12 gal sump and a refugium.

This is my second tank it has nothing special but I love it and it makes me happy, I'm planning to get a bigger one this summer.
Please don't be angry about my lacks in english, I'm trying to improve my knowledge. :rolleyes:
545800vuerampe.jpg
357775bacn1.jpg
803537nemo1.jpg
168308pachynemo.jpg
661585sarco.jpg
557356tapetumm.jpg
376861vuecot.jpg
966243decante.jpg
293426refuge.jpg

Hi - no reason to apologize, your English is fine and welcome! The language we all speak is the love of saltwater tanks. You have a beautiful tank.

What are the saltwater fish stores like in France?

Jean-Christophe

Thanks to everyone, you are quite friendly :)

Hi - no reason to apologize, your English is fine and welcome! The language we all speak is the love of saltwater tanks. You have a beautiful tank.

What are the saltwater fish stores like in France?

Actually that's true we all speak saltwater, and I learned a lot of words in english through my passion of reef aquarium.

I'm not sure to understand the question in the good way, but i'll reply the way I understand.

I think that fish stores and fish keeping in France is not very different than in the USA, we have local stores in each big cities (we maybe don't have the same idea of big city xD) that provides us fish, corals, rocks and all the supplies that we can need.

We also have fish/products stores on the web, and we often trade with other european countries.

But there is other ways to get what you need, there are great communities, local clubs, national clubs, forums about reef keeping, one of them is also specialized in nano reef aquarium.

All theses communities are very helpful, and we often trade cuttings of coral.

I think the differences are in the details, you have brands that have never been seen here, some techniques, for example the start of the aquarium, particularly those from inert rocks are unknown to us, we sometimes also use dead rocks but the protocols to start are not the same.

We also have some products you don't have and we use some techniques that you don't employ, the differences are not major.

The two things where we are late, in my opinion, is the closed loop systems, and the acrylics aquariums, we just start to employ acrylic, the most of aquariums are in glass.

I think that getting closer from other countries can be worth for the hobby, that's one reason why I introduced me on this forum.

So I hope I answered your question.

Thanks to everyone, you are quite friendly :)

Actually that's true we all speak saltwater, and I learned a lot of words in english through my passion of reef aquarium.

I'm not sure to understand the question in the good way, but i'll reply the way I understand.

I think that fish stores and fish keeping in France is not very different than in the USA, we have local stores in each big cities (we maybe don't have the same idea of big city xD) that provides us fish, corals, rocks and all the supplies that we can need.

We also have fish/products stores on the web, and we often trade with other european countries.

But there is other ways to get what you need, there are great communities, local clubs, national clubs, forums about reef keeping, one of them is also specialized in nano reef aquarium.

All theses communities are very helpful, and we often trade cuttings of coral.

I think the differences are in the details, you have brands that have never been seen here, some techniques, for example the start of the aquarium, particularly those from inert rocks are unknown to us, we sometimes also use dead rocks but the protocols to start are not the same.

We also have some products you don't have and we use some techniques that you don't employ, the differences are not major.

The two things where we are late, in my opinion, is the closed loop systems, and the acrylics aquariums, we just start to employ acrylic, the most of aquariums are in glass.

I think that getting closer from other countries can be worth for the hobby, that's one reason why I introduced me on this forum.

So I hope I answered your question.

Yes, you did answer my question, thank you. Most of my purchases are on websites because my town has 2 small stores - one only has fish, the other has less fish but has coral that are priced too high. My town tired to have a reef club years ago but it did not last.

My English and grammar suck, and I've been speaking it for, well along time. LOL! Being behind in acrylic aquariums isn't a bad thing IMO. My display fuge popped a seam, not pretty....I stood there laughing, screaming for buckets and towels, all while trying to hold it back together, with my hands. Good times :)

Jean-Christophe

My English and grammar suck, and I've been speaking it for, well along time. LOL! Being behind in acrylic aquariums isn't a bad thing IMO. My display fuge popped a seam, not pretty....I stood there laughing, screaming for buckets and towels, all while trying to hold it back together, with my hands. Good times :)

Sorry to ear that, I hope everything is back to normal, I think everyone have a memory like this.
I still have a tank leak in mind :
my girlfriend in a front of a geyser "Honey, I thinks there is something wrong in here!", at the moment I was scared, but after all it wasn't so bad and I kept everyone alive, and now it's a subject of jokes.
Here is one I forgot to introduce to you, a tiny bubble tip anemone, I love it's colors!

Sorry to ear that, I hope everything is back to normal, I think everyone have a memory like this.
I still have a tank leak in mind :
my girlfriend in a front of a geyser "Honey, I thinks there is something wrong in here!", at the moment I was scared, but after all it wasn't so bad and I kept everyone alive, and now it's a subject of jokes.
Here is one I forgot to introduce to you, a tiny bubble tip anemone, I love it's colors!
255970entacmea.jpg

Very beautiful!

Jean-Christophe

Thank you all!

What type of coral do you have below the toadstool and to the left?

That's a good question, each corals on the left of the toadstool came with that rock (lucky :D ), at the beginning they were as big as a pinhead.
On this rock there are two baby fungia, a soft coral (the blue one) and a LPS (the green one, its skeleton looks similar to the skeleton of a goniopora) I don't know their names :huh: , maybe someone can help me to ID them.
Jean-Christophe
Yes it's probably an alveopora, I'm not a 100% sure but I'll be when it'll be bigger.

Yes plate coral, they are two (one you can't see and even smaller) (Fungia is the word we use in France for plate coral, my mistake :rolleyes: )

Blue sympodium you found it :D

Archived