Top Shelf Aquatics

Spring, Summer, and beyond...

dshnarw

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are incredible...

I know you've probably said before but I'm being lazy and am going to ask...

What set up are you using - camera - lens

Thanks Pickle. I'm using a Canon Powershot G9. I have a wide angle converter for it that I sometimes use for landscapes and stuff like the pic Lalani quoted.

Amber won't let me have an SLR yet...but I'm still pushing :D

Wow Daniel! Those are some amazing pictures! Here's your prize! :flower::lol: I LOVE water lilies.

:lol: Thank you :) I wish I'd heard about this place earlier - it's only a 5 minute drive from my apartment, and it's several acres of ponds, along with a couple miles of trails through the marshes. Supposedly, they have some of the species that has the HUGE lilypads, so I'll have to go back sometime in the summer and check it out again.

Wow amazing, I take it your photographing underwater plants, but to me this looks like an ariel shot of a bamboo grove under a cloudy sky.

_kag43.jpg

SaltWaterNewb

Been fighting my D80 lately. Not sure if a setting got messed up or something is going bad but the metering seems way off. Here is an attempt at a rose that I took from my yard...

Rose.jpg

Nice roses kuianai and SaltWaterNewb. Here's hoping its a setting and not something more important (or at least more expensive) :)

Wow amazing, I take it your photographing underwater plants, but to me this looks like an ariel shot of a bamboo grove under a cloudy sky.

_kag43.jpg

:happy: Yay!! That's what I thought too :) They're actually only a few inches high with the shadows of trees on them.

While I was in the paddle boat for my prayer/exercise time & had an awesome shot but, alas, no camera. There was a very large snake sunning on one of huge fishing rocks along the edge of the pond. With the pond plants it was a great shot. Oh, well! I took a nature walk & here are some of the shots I got at different spots on our property.

Honeysuckle waterfall

DSCF4795.jpg

DSCF4811.jpg

DSCF4808.jpg

DSCF4818.jpg

DSCF4823.jpg

hey guys. its 2:35 am and i just got back from costa rica! got lots and lots of pictures to share, but, you dont get to see them till the morning. ;) unless i cant sleep and decide to post right now.

forgot to post here when i made a thread. :happy:

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

pulled this little guy out of the pool.

IMG_0138.jpg

you can see how small he is here

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

a costa rican sunset :)

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

crocs on the way to the airport from the hotel.

IMG_0188.jpg

irishtexan

Im sure this has been asked before, but dshnarw what camera are you using to take those fantastic pics??

I think it would be very helpful if everyone who posted pics stated the camera they used. Maybe on the first post of this thread or something. Just an idea :)

-texx

Im sure this has been asked before, but dshnarw what camera are you using to take those fantastic pics??

I think it would be very helpful if everyone who posted pics stated the camera they used. Maybe on the first post of this thread or something. Just an idea :)

-texx

he's using his canon G9. i asked the same question :)

Great shots abe. Looks like you had a good time.

it was really fun. shame it rained five out of seven days though. would have gone fishing then and gone diving at an island (trip got cancelled). the storm became a hurricane over mexico.

it was really fun. shame it rained five out of seven days though. would have gone fishing then and gone diving at an island (trip got cancelled). the storm became a hurricane over mexico.

Not fun. Glad you had a good time anyway. I have wanted to go since my daughter went there on a missions trip. It looks like a beautiful place.

• 2 weeks later...

-texx

Little late, but thanks! Abe is right - it's a Canon G9. Might throw that in my sig and make it easier for people.

Anyhoo - Hawaii, flowers/trees/plants part 1:

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

WELCOME BACK!

Nice photos. I take it Hawaii was a good time? ;)

IT WAS IT WAS!!!!!!!! :lol:B)

Apparently the NR world has gone crazy...jer as mod? :scarry:

:lol:

Flowers part 3: The bee

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

and part 4: The yellow flower

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg