Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spring, Summer, and beyond...

dshnarw

Springtime + photo forum = flower thread.

So we're overdue...

Post your flower pics!

dandy3.jpg

purple7.jpg

dandy_desat.jpg

army2.jpg

iris.jpg

(yes, jeremai...you have to find some flowers in the desert :P)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scottyreef

here are few i took at the Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus OH I had to resize them quite a bit but if you like any of them i will post more i think i took about 350 pictures

Post all you wish!! I have a couple hundred on photobucket I'll slowly add in as others add pics :)

That last tulip is really nice, and the one at top right, that reminds me of a magnolia?? I got some of the same thing at Brookside Gardens, just outside DC. Here's my favorite of those:

magnolia.jpg

Like having a flower inside a flower.

Couple more abstract iris:

iris3.jpg

iris4.jpg

yours look great i am just a novice photographer with cannon powershot 5S IS.

Thanks, me too really...I just like to play around with my G9 :)

Learning a lot of lessons around here from the likes of jeremai, Lalani, and strangelove (when he breaks in from bannination).

Weetabix7

I'm almost scared to post after some of the gorgeous pics already posted, but here's a few recent ones I've taken. I'll try to take some more tomorrow.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

(yes, jeremai...you have to find some flowers in the desert :P)

lol, not a problem this time of year, I'll see what I can dig up. I've posted orchids from the Wild Animal Park and poppies from the Bellagio Conservatory in other threads, though - did you want me to throw in a few here, as well? ;)

edit - no macro on this little jaunt at Red Rock, but here's a few. I'll be heading to Valley of Fire this weekend, but I fear the flowers will have withered away by then. :(

spring3a-1.jpg

spring1a.jpg

spring2a.jpg

spring4a.jpg

Weetabix7
lol, not a problem this time of year, I'll see what I can dig up. I've posted orchids from the Wild Animal Park and poppies from the Bellagio Conservatory in other threads, though - did you want me to throw in a few here, as well? ;)

edit - no macro on this little jaunt at Red Rock, but here's a few. I'll be heading to Valley of Fire this weekend, but I fear the flowers will have withered away by then. :(

spring3a-1.jpg

spring1a.jpg

spring2a.jpg

spring4a.jpg

Jeremai, those are beautiful, and they make me really miss the desert!

Many people don't know this about me, but I was actually born in SE Arizona, almost on the Mexican border. The desert has a beauty all it's own, and I love the blue, blue skies and wide-open spaces of the West.

Here's some pics I shot in the yard this morning.

IMG_0853.jpg

Close-up of a Dandelion, probably the only one in my yard not yet picked by my 2 yr. old!

IMG_0807.jpg

Flowers and berries on a Holly Tree

IMG_0823.jpg

Honeysuckle blossom

purpleflower.jpg

Those are some cool looking flowers

Tulipmacro.jpg

*drools* NICE SHOT!

spring3a-1.jpg

spring1a.jpg

spring2a.jpg

spring4a.jpg

:lol: I've always liked desert flowers, and I figured you had to have a few stashed away :) Not having spent much time in the desert, they intrigue me since they look so out of place to me. Post the others as well...anything ya got - old, new whatever. Just trying to get/give some inspiration for flower photos ;)

Weetie, looks like that new camera is suiting you nicely. Those little bell shaped flowers are a neat subject, and I'm curious about those last yellow ones as well - we have the same thing here that I've taken pics of a few times. Keep the pics coming ;)

spike.jpg

thin.jpg

dainty.jpg

pink2_crop.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Not sure what these are, but I love their delicate, little bells

I believe those are Lilly of the Valley.

Weetabix7
I believe those are Lilly of the Valley.

Really???

Way cool, that's my Birth Flower, and I've never seen it in real life before!!!

Took lots more for you at the park tonight Daniel, here's the first installment.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Rosemary blossoms

IMG_0942.jpg

thin.jpg

oomph :eek:

I don't remember which of these I've posted before, but they were all taken this spring (which runs quite a bit earlier on the west coast, lol - it's almost summer now! :) )

bellagio5a.jpg

bellagio8a.jpg

bellagio3a.jpg

orchid5a.gif

orchid1a.jpg

orchid2a.jpg

orchid8a.jpg

Thanks, me too really...I just like to play around with my G9 :)

Learning a lot of lessons around here from the likes of jeremai, Lalani, and strangelove (when he breaks in from bannination).

I know lots of people with G9's could use some advice. Think I might start a G9 tutorial or something.

BustytheSnowMaam

Hope I'm not stepping in on your thread too much if I add some birdie pictures- they're not near as nice as your flower close-ups which are gorgeous, but these guys were outside my office window yesterday. And they say pigs can't fly- you should see how much seed I go through! I was really excited about the grosbeak. To me seeing all the songbirds come back is one of the best things about spring.

IMG_7422_edited.jpg

IMG_7432_edited.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

Weetabix7

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

This next pic didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to, but I still like it, so I'm putting it up.

IMG_0900.jpg

Sometimes the camera doesn't focus quite the way I want it to, I've still got a lot more to learn about fine-tuning it!

IMG_0932.jpg

This next pic didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to, but I still like it, so I'm putting it up.

IMG_0900.jpg

Sometimes the camera doesn't focus quite the way I want it to, I've still got a lot more to learn about fine-tuning it!

I love the first one. Do you know what it is? I also adore the second one. Actually I adore all of the flowers in this thread (and birds too). They make having to sit inside an office with no windows so much easier to bear. :)

Archived