Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spring, Summer, and beyond...

dshnarw

The frog was in an Iris in my front garden. I didn't plant anything this time around, but I have a stack of seeds that need to go in the ground. And I have a lot of frog pictures. :P

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may have to take you up on that. :happy:

Good luck on your CPA exam!!! I'm so glad I am finished with school.... foreva!

I see it's getting close to the big day for you two. :D

:lol:

Thanks!! I'm done for now also (might eventually go back and get my masters :( )

YEP!! :lol:   :D   :naughtydance::wub::happydance:omgomgomg

:rant:

:eek:

The frog was in an Iris in my front garden. I didn't plant anything this time around, but I have a stack of seeds that need to go in the ground. And I have a lot of frog pictures. :P

frog thread?

YEP!! :lol:   :D   :naughtydance::wub::happydance:omgomgomg

:naughtydance:

You want flowers? You got um!

DSCF4483.jpg

DSCF4551.jpg

DSCF4543.jpg

DSCF4535.jpg

DSCF4531.jpg

DSCF4561.jpg

YAY!! I like raindrops on flowers!

Iris_edited-2.jpg

very nice

That's what I thought.

:P

Jeremai, you may be the first gay bully I've ever met. :lol:

100_0045.jpg

I really like this one^^

BustytheSnowMaam

A box elder bug on top of a johnny-jump-up:

bensbug.jpg

(ok, I admit, I snatched this bug from my son's bug jar to stage this shot :P )

Thought I might jump in on this too (go easy on me :) ). I just aquired a Nikon D40 just with the stock lense and I'm still learning how to use it properly. These were taken a few days ago when the wife and I went for a walk in the park. Not much out right now in Michigan. It was a bit of an overcast day, and it had rained a while before.

DSC_01220001.jpg

DSC_01180001.jpg

DSC_01280001.jpg

DSC_01300001.jpg

Hope you like

Nice, tash & evilc66.

I think DC has run out of wildflowers in bloom :( I took the dog for a walk through the woods, expecting to find a few, but I got nothing after a few miles.

So I'll at least give a few plants and trees, and a fungus:

canopy.jpg

fern.jpg

this could have been so good, but I moved the camera after focusing :( Guess thats what I get for forgetting the tripod. Now I gotta find more of the little shingly fungi and try again.

fungi.jpg

Hey roxy, your pics are gone?? (or is it just me?)

Nice pics, Tasha and evil! :D

:wub:

:D TY!

A couple more I took about a month ago and forgot about...

I liked the rusty brown color of them dying, I think it adds more interest to the white:

bells.jpg

and another odd ?dogwood?

flower.jpg

PURDY DOGWOOD!!! :wub:

I think that is the plant I miss the most from when I lived in CT. That, and those wild lady slipper orchids I used to see in the spring on my run through Laurel Marsh...

Sweet. Curious to know how you got such a deep blue in this shot? Are you using a polarizer?

Thanks! I was SUPER happy with that sky...

I shot it at EV -2/3 (anything more started bleaching the top of the frame out), preset sunlight setting, and used the "vivid" color preset for the G9. Don't own a polarizer yet...

The only PSing needed was a little bit of shadow/highlight adjustments - backed off 8% on the highlights - to get rid of the bleaching to the very top of the sky (you can see it a little at the top of the frame, midleft - the sun was just out of the frame there).

PURDY DOGWOOD!!! :wub:

I think that is the plant I miss the most from when I lived in CT. That, and those wild lady slipper orchids I used to see in the spring on my run through Laurel Marsh...

I have been looking for some wild orchids around here ever since I moved here, and I still haven't found one (at least not a flowering one...that I recognize as an orchid). :(

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm still trying to figure out how all the settings come together, but I have been experimenting a lot with the camera. I am so impressed by the overall picture quality of the D40. I just need to figure out some more of the settings so I'm not always shooting at ISO 1600 in lower light (like the ones above).

Have any of you camera gurus thought about doing a dummies guide to digital photography for the site?

WOOHOO!!! I'M DONE!!!!! NO MORE CLASSES!!! NO MORE STUDENTS!!! well...til August.

Celebrating with flowers, fungi, and fern art:

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

Archived