Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spring, Summer, and beyond...

dshnarw

Everyones flower photos are wonderful.

Something I've been doing lately, going for more of the abstract, concentrating on color fields, tones, hues, shapes and patterns. Subject matter is not what I'm trying to photograph, but here are a few that happen to be flowers.

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

The colors that flowers and foliage have are so amazing, lately I've become hyper sensitive to color and flowers have so much to offer in the variety of color that is available. Recently I find myself wandering the local gardens here and every now and then I start wandering the isles in plant nurseries with a camera. Grabbing colors here and there, Summer time will be interesting as colors start changing.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SaltWaterNewb

I am excited because I just ordered a new tripod and head and remote for my camera so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week and I can get some good shots up. Everyday at my house it seems that new flowers are popping up. I also just built a light box so I can get some nice macros rocking soon too.

I think I took too many flower photos...my allergies kicked up and I've felt like CRAP for the last week. 7 inches of rain has pretty much kept me inside anyway :( My new "adventure" has been water drops in the sink...I can do that inside and stay...sorta dry.

Great panorama! And flower shots.

Guess I need to post a couple of flower pics, just so you guys (dshnarw!) don't give me any chit. :P

Thanks.

And who would be so mean as to give you crap?? :unsure:

:P

2004_0521_123857AA.jpg

2004_0606_105130AA.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCN2818.jpg

:wub: (can't put it better than jer did)

oh...yeah...MORE PLEASE :)

dshnarw, those raindroped flowers remind me of a shoot I did in college involving a clear piece of acrylic and cornstarch... hmm...

pics?? Curious....

Everyones flower photos are wonderful.

Something I've been doing lately, going for more of the abstract, concentrating on color fields, tones, hues, shapes and patterns. Subject matter is not what I'm trying to photograph, but here are a few that happen to be flowers.

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

The colors that flowers and foliage have are so amazing, lately I've become hyper sensitive to color and flowers have so much to offer in the variety of color that is available. Recently I find myself wandering the local gardens here and every now and then I start wandering the isles in plant nurseries with a camera. Grabbing colors here and there, Summer time will be interesting as colors start changing.

abstracts!! I like abstracts :)

I am excited because I just ordered a new tripod and head and remote for my camera so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week and I can get some good shots up. Everyday at my house it seems that new flowers are popping up. I also just built a light box so I can get some nice macros rocking soon too.

High tech flower shots, eh? We wanna see the results :)

pics?? Curious....

The acrylic, covered with drops of cornstarch, sat about a foot above the subject (flowers, in my case). You take the photos from the top down, and focus on the reflection of the flowers in the drops of cornstarch. That's going to have to do, I can't find any of the slides. :P

I think I took too many flower photos...my allergies kicked up and I've felt like CRAP for the last week. 7 inches of rain has pretty much kept me inside anyway :( My new "adventure" has been water drops in the sink...I can do that inside and stay...sorta dry.

You know what you can do along side water drops? Ink drops. ;)

Then we can get you on to star trails and light trails, if you haven't tried them yet!

Nice stuff. The last two I really like. Dark backgrounds can be very dramatic with macro shots. I used to actually do pics at dusk or even at night with a fill flash. Had some dramatic effects.

I used to do timed exposures at night (like up to 15 minute shots) and used colored covers on flashlights and lasers to paint on the flowers.

The acrylic, covered with drops of cornstarch, sat about a foot above the subject (flowers, in my case). You take the photos from the top down, and focus on the reflection of the flowers in the drops of cornstarch. That's going to have to do, I can't find any of the slides. :P

interesting...i'll have to think about that one for a while.

You know what you can do along side water drops? Ink drops. ;)

Then we can get you on to star trails and light trails, if you haven't tried them yet!

*sigh* I thought about food coloring, but I didn't feel like the drive to Walmart. I'm gonna try again after I finish my 10 page paper and grad talk (nothing like the faculty of the entire department asking questions about your research to scare the hell out of new grad students).

I've been holding out on light trails for now, but I have a couple of cool places in mind. As for stars, I need a new camera. :( G9 has no bulb mode.

2004_0402_190802AA.jpg

2004_0408_153022AA.jpg

2004_0519_172950AA.jpg

2004_0606_104138AA.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

Were you just waiting for me to say more? :P

Ugiesnugums?? :unsure:

How do you know that name??? :scarry:

:o I KNOW EVERYTHING :P

photobucket links: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/Ugiesnugums/2004_0402_190802AA.jpg

I just noticed this time.

Edit: oh good, you figured it out...thinking I was a stalker for a minute werent you? :lol:

now explain :P

Yes, I was about to PM your girlfriend. :P

I was trying to sign up for a forum one day, and no matter what sn I tried, someone had already taken it, so I made up 'Ugiesnugums'...... No one else has used it, so far.

Is it weird?

Yes, I was about to PM your girlfriend. :P

I was trying to sign up for a forum one day, and no matter what sn I tried, someone had already taken it, so I made up 'Ugiesnugums'...... No one else has used it, so far.

Is it weird?

:lol: I would have gotten an earful for that, I'm sure :P

I have to say, I did chuckle for a second (well, it was really more of a snortle, but I'll blame the snort part on the meds) :lol:

Huh, glad you got some entertainment out of that..... I think I will PM her anyway! :P

Am I gonna have to hack her account again? ;)

:o

:lol:

ok...enough talk...

in lieu of flowers, which are outside, in the rain...

I present...my first (and, thus far, only) attempt at water droplets. Forgive my bored coloring :D

drops1.jpg

drops2.jpg

drops3.jpg

drops4.jpg

and then I added rocks for natural color:

drops6.jpg

I need to figure out a tripod setup for next time. Handheld is too much of a pain.

Nice pics Daniel.

And pm away if you like Lalani.  I can beat him up for anything he does later. ;)

Nice pics all I really like the flowers.  Might have to go dig up old flower pics from Hawaii (they are the only ones I've got :( )  Might attempt to take some new ones with my old crappy camera.  Doubt it will happen cause I have to study. :( (Darn CPA Exam)

I can beat him up for anything he does later. ;)

Nice pics all I really like the flowers. Might have to go dig up old flower pics from Hawaii (they are the only ones I've got :( ) Might attempt to take some new ones with my old crappy camera. Doubt it will happen cause I have to study. :( (Darn CPA Exam)

I may have to take you up on that. :happy:

Good luck on your CPA exam!!! I'm so glad I am finished with school.... foreva!

I see it's getting close to the big day for you two. :D

BustytheSnowMaam

Nice Daniel, I love that last one (with the rocks). And LOL @ oogiesnookums or whatever Lalani's snugglebunny pet-name is :P

Shweet! Try getting shots from the side too.

Why don't you start another thread for these. :P

Thanks! Maybe if I get bored at work, I'll stop up a sink and try some more...better lighting in those bathrooms anyway :P Will make some interesting bathroom conversation...hehe...

And just cause you said it, I just might :P

Nice pics Daniel.

And pm away if you like Lalani.  I can beat him up for anything he does later.

Nice pics all I really like the flowers.  Might have to go dig up old flower pics from Hawaii (they are the only ones I've got )  Might attempt to take some new ones with my old crappy camera.  Doubt it will happen cause I have to study. :( (Darn CPA Exam)

Thank you honey.

I may have to take you up on that. :happy:

Good luck on your CPA exam!!! I'm so glad I am finished with school.... foreva!

I see it's getting close to the big day for you two. :D

yes, it is... will be nice to get that over with :lol:

Nice Daniel, I love that last one (with the rocks). And LOL @ oogiesnookums or whatever Lalani's snugglebunny pet-name is :P

Thanks! I had been using those rock slices as coasters, but this is a much more useful thing!

:haha: I'm not the only one who laughed!! :flower:

Great pics, everyone! Tasha, you & I get the same birds--I just love your birdie pics! What a good job catching them! Lalani, was one of those pics of a frog in an orchid? Where'd you find that? :D

--Diane

Archived