inTank Media Baskets

Spring, Summer, and beyond...

dshnarw

oomph :eek:

:lol: Thanks.

I don't even know where to start with yours.

I remember this one specifically from a couple months ago, cause I couldn't find 3 differently colored flowers in line with each other to copy it :)

bellagio8a.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

Nailed it with that one Weetie!!

Nice birdies, Tasha...wouldn't be spring without birds as well.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weetabix7
I love the first one. Do you know what it is? I also adore the second one. Actually I adore all of the flowers in this thread (and birds too). They make having to sit inside an office with no windows so much easier to bear. :)

I'm actually not sure what the first one is, although it's interesting. All I can tell you is it's some kind of tree.

I love the first one. Do you know what it is?

That's a flower from a dogwood tree/shrub. Two of my favorite subjects wildflowers and ornithology. Great pics!!

That's a flower from a dogwood tree/shrub. Two of my favorite subjects wildflowers and ornithology. Great pics!!

Well, that does it...you're gonna have to go through and name all the flowers now :P

Weetabix7

Are you SURE??

We have dogwoods all over the place here, and the blossoms are different from that, they definitely have rounded petals.

Unless maybe that's a different dogwood variant.

Daniel, you did a GREAT job getting a softer effect on those pics!

Are you SURE??

We have dogwoods all over the place here, and the blossoms are different from that, they definitely have rounded petals.

Unless maybe that's a different dogwood variant.

Yep, just a different variant of dogwood - looks like a Kousa Dogwood (Cornus kousa). More common are Cornus florida or simply known as a flowering dogwood.

Needreefunds

Only because Daniel said to...

Jr-4.jpg

Jr-6.jpg

Jr-7.jpg

Jr-9.jpg

Jr-8.jpg

So there you go Daniel, as requested. :)

Just a point and shoot hacker mucking up your thread. :D

Weetabix7

^^^ WOW, beautiful!!!

I'm just a point 'n shooter too!

In fact, my camera is just a slightly newer version of the exact same on you're using!

So no excuses, keep posting pics!

Just a point and shoot hacker mucking up your thread. :D

Nothing wrong with P&S cameras...thats what I have too. Just a matter of learning their capabilies and limitations.

Great color on the photos.

^^^ WOW, beautiful!!!

I'm just a point 'n shooter too!

In fact, my camera is just a slightly newer version of the exact same on you're using!

So no excuses, keep posting pics!

^^^^what she said :lol:

My contribution

IMG_0170.jpg

:lol: cute <--don't tell Amber.

chuckfullservice
spring time, for hitler and germany

winter, for poland and france

Hilarious!!!! The directors buy Mel Brooks great movie !

My tulips have come up but my fiance say s she wont plant anything until the end of may due to a fear of frost .

Passionflower. The fruit (lilikoi) is AMAZING.

+1!! We used to see passion flowers all over the place, but I don't see them too often nowadays. :(

Hmmmm....me needs to go west again, then.

I should be posting more flower pics...I have plenty ready for editing, but I've been doing stupid things like a HUGE panorama of Hornbake Plaza at U. Maryland:

plaza360.jpg

bigger and much better: http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=37724

13 images, 26,000 x 3,600 pixels. Thought the fancy comp in my office was gonna die on me...kinda like make an edit, go have lunch, make an edit, go to class.

So anyway...back to flower editing :D

Rain...tried raindrops on flowers, but it was still pouring and I had to go in before the camera got soaked. Hopefully it'll stop raining sometime tomorrow and I can run back out and try again.

raincatcher.jpg

raincatcher2.jpg

raincatcher3.jpg

Great panorama! And flower shots.

Guess I need to post a couple of flower pics, just so you guys (dshnarw!) don't give me any chit. :P

^ :wub:

dshnarw, those raindroped flowers remind me of a shoot I did in college involving a clear piece of acrylic and cornstarch... hmm...

BustytheSnowMaam

That passionflower is beautiful. We still don't have many flowers to speak of yet besides a few emerging daffodils, but here's another birdie pic, a cute lil' chipping sparrow.

IMG_7434_edited.jpg

Archived