• Last Reply
More Springtime pics.

DSCF4599.jpg

DSCF4607.jpg

Tree climbing

DSCF4657.jpg

Planting a garden

DSCF4666.jpg

How long before they forgot about the planting and went for the hole to China? (as always - kids = CUTE!!)

Heres my springtime pic. I just got a chance to try out my new macrolens.Hope you like..

flower.jpg

I do like!

Had to drive for a while...and climb over a few gates (apparently, you can't drive into this public park/wildlife area without prior permission?? but you can walk in - via gate hopping - all you want)

_f5.jpg

_f1.jpg

_f11.jpg

_f10.jpg

And a coupe from the Metro's attempt to make its bus stops prettier:

_f12.jpg

_f15.jpg

_f15.jpg

NICE!!! was that with the G9? cause you added the borders, photobucket doesnt say what you took them with or what settings.

How long before they forgot about the planting and went for the hole to China? (as always - kids = CUTE!!)

Now that you mention it...........

DSCF4668.jpg

Had to drive for a while...and climb over a few gates (apparently, you can't drive into this public park/wildlife area without prior permission?? but you can walk in - via gate hopping - all you want)

_f5.jpg

_f1.jpg

You didn't have to climb a fence to get these! Just come to my place. They are all over our property. :P Your pics are way better than mine.

I wish the net had a smeller. When I was in the paddle boat on the pond the blackberry flower aroma was wonderful. The pond is at the bottom of a funnel. Oh, well, I guess you'll have to use your imagination.

NICE!!! was that with the G9? cause you added the borders, photobucket doesnt say what you took them with or what settings.

Thanks abe! That was the G9. It was at f/2.8, manual focus. Don't remember the other settings off hand, but it was a fairly slow shutterspeed, since I was using the tripod and had the camera lens sandwiched inside the petals of the iris.

For a point and shoot, the macro settings aren't bad, eh? That 0cm focal length is handy :)

Thanks alot Dshnarw! Those pics are amazing as well!Love your pics as well sue!

Thanks! Post some more shots, if you have some!

Now that you mention it...........

DSCF4668.jpg

You didn't have to climb a fence to get these! Just come to my place. They are all over our property. :P Your pics are way better than mine.

I wish the net had a smeller. When I was in the paddle boat on the pond the blackberry flower aroma was wonderful. The pond is at the bottom of a funnel. Oh, well, I guess you'll have to use your imagination.

:lol: I guess we all know I still think like a child now...

Next time, I'll go to your house then :) I thought I saw some blackberries in bloom around here, but the rain knocked the flowers down before I could take pics (or smell them). Still hopeful for some free blackberries this summer though :) If only I could find a gooseberry bush in someone's yard for "sampling" as well...

Here ya go, blackberry blossoms from BibleSue's backyard:

IMG_1172.jpg

Not a flower pic, but I like it all the same, also from BibleSue's yard:

IMG_1180.jpg

Thanks abe! That was the G9. It was at f/2.8, manual focus. Don't remember the other settings off hand, but it was a fairly slow shutterspeed, since I was using the tripod and had the camera lens sandwiched inside the petals of the iris.

For a point and shoot, the macro settings aren't bad, eh? That 0cm focal length is handy :)

very nice. took some photos myself to add to this thread. hope you like them. its been raining the last couple days in cali (there was a flippin tornado too) but the flowers dont mind. its a bit cloudy, but a nice chilly day today for taking pictures :) ... now i get to thinking... maybe i should take my sisters Canon TX1 out for a spin. it does 0cm focusing too :P .

these are from the EOS 1-D though 28-70mm lens.

137eb7ff.jpg

5d808399.jpg

3c843fde-1.jpg

last one lets you see how the weather is today in socal. :)

45ce0283.jpg

Ok.. not the greatest pics - But springtime here in my area:

First the Springville Rodeo:

IMG_1977.jpg

Some springtime chicks:

IMG_1952.jpg

Oh yeah... and a spring flower:

IMG_1678-1.jpg

Almost forgot... I love this picture. Some of you know I just moved out to this new area a couple of months back. The house in the back ground is mine and this was one of my first introductions to the area and it happened right at my back fence.

IMG_1434-1.jpg

Nice flower and great shot of the two horses, Pickle.

Abe, what was that last flower? Nice shots as well! You should DEFINITELY try out your sister's camera :P

A few more from yesterday (I think it was a purply-blue flower day):

_f19.jpg

_f20.jpg

_f23.jpg

_f24.jpg

_f26.jpg

There were other purple flowers as well - in the background here:

_f29.jpg

I forgot to charge the photosafe :( so I ran out of room on the memory card before I got to them.

Guess I gotta go back :D

Needreefunds

Great shots everyone!

Took a break from clearing some branches that have been pounding the house to take a few shots.

009-8.jpg

010-7.jpg

015-7.jpg

017-6.jpg

026-5.jpg

005-8.jpg

018-6.jpg

029-4.jpg

Still just playing, but having fun doing it.

I hope you enjoy the color a t least. :)

Great shots everyone!

Took a break from clearing some branches that have been pounding the house to take a few shots.

009-8.jpg

010-7.jpg

015-7.jpg

017-6.jpg

026-5.jpg

005-8.jpg

018-6.jpg

029-4.jpg

Nice shots. You got several of my favorite flowers in there!

Great shots everyone!

009-8.jpg

010-7.jpg

015-7.jpg

017-6.jpg

026-5.jpg

005-8.jpg

018-6.jpg

029-4.jpg

Great shots Richie!

Abe, what was that last flower? Nice shots as well! You should DEFINITELY try out your sister's camera :P

dont know what flower, but structurally looks like an iris of some type. i'll take her camera out for a spin in costa rica, im flying out in a few hours.

Needreefunds

You guys are too kind, but thanks!

I am glad you enjoy them!

But Daniel, I think you have created a monster, I can't stop........

021-6.jpg

029-5.jpg

041-3.jpg

047-2.jpg

:rolleyes:

dont know what flower, but structurally looks like an iris of some type. i'll take her camera out for a spin in costa rica, im flying out in a few hours.

African iris (Dietes sp.). Popular landscape plants in Southern California, they're everywhere.

Thanks jer - I thought they looked like the aquatic irises - we have a lot of those around here - introduced from Europe into the Anacostia, and they spread everywhere.

But Daniel, I think you have created a monster, I can't stop........

No worse than me...

Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, DC. Basically a big marsh and informal-style aquatic garden. Gotta watch out for the goose poo...nasty stuff.

_kag1.jpg

_kag2.jpg

_kag4.jpg

_kag7.jpg

_kag8.jpg

_kag11.jpg

Gorgeous!

Thank you :) That was the first of 250 or so pics of the waterlilies...Just couldn't stop...

_kag43.jpg

_kag44.jpg

_kag45.jpg

_kag47.jpg

_kag48.jpg

_kag49.jpg

Those are incredible...

I know you've probably said before but I'm being lazy and am going to ask...

What set up are you using - camera - lens

Archived