ReefCleaners.org

***StevieT's Media Rack for the RSM ***

StevieT

hi, send an email as my country (Malaysia) isnt listed in the order form.

not sure they receive it.

I did receive the email, just responded. I sent you over a quote. I have sold one JBJ Tunze cup to Singapore a few months ago. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did receive the email, just responded. I sent you over a quote. I have sold one JBJ Tunze cup to Singapore a few months ago. Let me know if you have any questions.

thanx...i receive your email.

btw how long does it take to ship it herE?

• 1 month later...

nope. Just showing how most mount the skimmer to the media rack. This is the only way to mount the skimmer inside the tank without doing any mods. I have my skimmer mounted to the rear of the tank but that required a few minutes of modification.

In the Biocube 29 the magnet fits on the chamber three/two wall and is not attached to the media basket.

The setup you are looking at is only for the RSM

No you could mount it like this in the BC29 but you don't have to or really want to.

Stevie I've been following your thread for a while now and you've inspired me to be the proud new owner of a RSM130d. I've had several tanks over the years, most of them with a wetdry filtration but I have a 2 year old that like to open the doors to the stand. I tried to child prrof the door with no luck, so I got on the market for a system w/ built in filtration. When I came across your tread I swear "I heard the gods singing"

I'm good friends with the owner of my LFS, a few weeks after reading through your thread & mods my fish store buddy calls me wanting some electrical work done. I was grinning from ear to ear, "oh yeah baby" He doesn't carry the RSM or even heard of it. He tried to give me a fully stocked JBJ 29 w/ LR, LS, corals and fish already in it. I said no, I really want this tank, try and find it for me! He calls me up a few days later, I got good news and I got bad news. The good news is, I found the tank, bad news is, THAT THING IS $450.00 AT MY COST! I said, well I guess you owe me a Koralia 2 as well, cause I was gonna charge you 500 bucks! The electrical work was easy, it took about 8 hours, but I got a RSM.

I built the stand, set up the tank, tested it for leaks and it sat there empty for 2 months! Yeah, I know. It was killing me, but I wanted to do everything you did. So I decided to be patient.

I found a local guy that had a used Tunze nano pack for $100.00, so I scooped it. Only thing is, my magnet looks differant than yours. It's the Tunze magnet holder 6080.50 and the guy I got it from had split the magnet holder in half so he could seperate the skimmer and the filter. The question I have is, "will this magnet work on your media rack?" Cause it is a big magnet.

Also I'm interested in the Tunze cup & Media rack, can you email me or PM me with details?

Thanks Stevie, not only for the inspiration, but all the knowledge you've shared over the years.

:welcome:

Wow they make a good margin on those tanks. Nice work on snaging one up in exchange for work! And bravo on being patient. I will shoot you an email or PM on the details, I do have one question about the magnet. Otherwise visit www.mediabaskets.com to order. I am also a sponsor here under the user name inTank.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is how I have my Tunze mounted because well when I purchased it there was no media basket yet :happy:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1506099

Remove the magnet or add the spare one to the rear of the skimmer. Then use the other magnet or an extra one you purchase on the rear of the tank.

I highly recommend this mount instead of using the media basket. There is no need to detach it when you do maintenance on your media basket. It also allows you to adjust it to the mm in case your water levels change over time.

I had it in my shop. They came from Grainger. Tunze sells extra magnets but no need for that you can get them cheap online or check your hardware stores. Grainger is business to business only.

Archived