ReefCleaners.org

The noobofreef's Red Sea Max

noobofreefs

noobofreefs

Sorry, yesterday I was doing stuff in the tank and it doesn't look 100% yesterday or today. Still trying to get the skimmer fine tuned.

Pictures will come in due time, just once everything clears up. Oh yeah and I got another fish. A McCosker's wrasse. It had some troubles...somehow when I was netting him to put him in his mouth got caught on the net. He got really stressed and we panicked and just kinda cut the net and let him in with it still on him. Hopefully he can get it off. He really is beautiful.

NOR

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarterNichols
Sorry, yesterday I was doing stuff in the tank and it doesn't look 100% yesterday or today. Still trying to get the skimmer fine tuned.

Pictures will come in due time, just once everything clears up. Oh yeah and I got another fish. A McCosker's wrasse. It had some troubles...somehow when I was netting him to put him in his mouth got caught on the net. He got really stressed and we panicked and just kinda cut the net and let him in with it still on him. Hopefully he can get it off. He really is beautiful.

NOR

Darn it. I was looking at those

noobofreefs
Darn it. I was looking at those

Haha, I beat you to it. I had wanted one since they had them in last & couldn't get one because of timing. So I was pretty happy to go ahead and get one. You should still get one; they look so cool. I've been trying to catch him today to try and get that net off of him but I can't get him. I'll keep trying...

you know im still not seeing a FTS.

Well I just got home so the lights are already out. Plus the skimmer is still making micro bubbles but it's just getting into it's groove. The weird thing is that instead of the problem most people have of where it doesn't skim enough at first, I have it skimming way too much even with the knob turned all the way down. Hopefully once it gets going it'll stop along with the bubbles.

I dipped the frag again. It looks 1000% better. ALL its polyps were open! Too bad they have next to no color. I think I may have spotted some pink though...

Hopefully I can get some pictures posted tomorrow.

NOR

CarterNichols

That's cool, BRK has a really small flame angel that i am going to pick up this week and i got 2 coral frags, a blue candy cane with 2 heads and some unidentified coral... buy one get one free couldn't beat it.

I'll get pictures so make sure you check it out

noobofreefs

I'm about to actually. I still need to go to BRK. I just really like aquarium co. The guy there is so nice! He just seems like such a fellow hobbyist it's hard to not make a trip there. And it's nice that MS is like 2 minutes away so I can go to both.

CarterNichols
I'm about to actually. I still need to go to BRK. I just really like aquarium co. The guy there is so nice! He just seems like such a fellow hobbyist it's hard to not make a trip there. And it's nice that MS is like 2 minutes away so I can go to both.

i went to aquarium co. their prices were so much better than MS but BRK always has killer deals... i got the 2 heads of blue candy cane for 10 and then a free frag of whatever the other thing is.. just looked cool haha. (probably a mistake)

noobofreefs
i went to aquarium co. their prices were so much better than MS but BRK always has killer deals... i got the 2 heads of blue candy cane for 10 and then a free frag of whatever the other thing is.. just looked cool haha. (probably a mistake)

Yeah, but the thing about BRK is they are never open! They're open like thurs.-sun. until 6 right? I'll hopefully make a trip there this weekend.

noobofreefs

Well the pics have been taken they'll be up shortly. :)

Oh the McCosker's wrasse got the net off his mouth. Good to see because he was able to eat too. I had watched him struggle to eat and it was kind of a pitiful sight. He seems happier now.

Pics will be up soon.

NOR

noobofreefs

Alright here's the pictures...sorry it took so long :P

Pom-pom:

0001__MG_0595.jpg

Here's some of the hammer:

I have a question about the hammer though. If you look really closely you can see something on the bottom of one of the heads. Is this a new hammer bud?

0015__MG_0691.jpg

0014__MG_0690.jpg

I love this trumpet:

0008__MG_0635.jpg

0009__MG_0641.jpg

lol2.jpg

Here's the frag I've been dipping. You can see the improvement:

lol.jpg

This acan may be my favorite coral:

0011__MG_0664.jpg

The Goby needed a cleaning:

0018__MG_0736.jpg

But apparently he needed a mouthwash too! :lol:

0017__MG_0734.jpg

0016__MG_0729.jpg

Here's the McCosker's I was telling you guys about:

0007__MG_0630.jpg

0006__MG_0620.jpg

0002__MG_0609.jpg

0003__MG_0611.jpg

And finally FTS omgomgomg:

0012__MG_0675.jpg

0013__MG_0684.jpg

BTW find what's in the second one but not in the first!

NOR

CarterNichols
Sorry, but there's no prize :(

how bout you just give me that tank, you are too busy to enjoy it :P

noobofreefs

Here's some more pictures...

The goby & shrimp:

0002__MG_0775.jpg

0003__MG_0808.jpg

0004__MG_0813.jpg

0001__MG_0821.jpg

0008__MG_0824.jpg

One more of the McCosker's:

0005__MG_0815.jpg

Coral shot:

0001__MG_0764.jpg

NOR

noobofreefs

Alright here's a few during feeding time:

Brain:

0005__MG_0872-2.jpg

Trumpet:

0004__MG_0868-2.jpg

Top down shots (still during feeding):

Hammer

0006__MG_0878-2.jpg

Torch

0007__MG_0886-2.jpg

And clowns (Still during feeding so ignore all the floating crap please):

0003__MG_0852-2.jpg

0002__MG_0844-2.jpg

Artsy:

0001__MG_0843-2.jpg

NOR

noobofreefs

Here's the last set of pictures...You can see why it took so long. There were a lot! ;)

The brain at night:

0013__MG_1945.jpg

0012__MG_1943.jpg

0010__MG_1928.jpg

0002__MG_1919.jpg

0011__MG_1942.jpg

0001__MG_1917.jpg

The Acan:

0003__MG_1924.jpg

Trumpet:

0014__MG_1950.jpg

Rics (You can see the green one I was talking about before):

0018__MG_1965.jpg

0017__MG_1959.jpg

0016__MG_1958.jpg

0015__MG_1955.jpg

That's all of 'em for now!

Thanks for looking,

NOR

noobofreefs
looks like ur clowns got ich.

No, that's just how he looks when the skimmer was putting out a ton of bubbles. It's running right now (bubbless) and is spots are all gone. I thought that at first and then we ran the tank w/ out a skimmer, until a new one came in, and his spots were gone. Then they came back when we added our new skimmer. Now all the bubbles have cleared up and he looks better. Weird. He eats fine (Actually him and his lady friend are hogs and steal stuff from corals when I feed by swishing their tails) and is doing well. Plus it's kinda rare for one fish in a tank to have ick this long and no others have it. (At least IME) Especially when one is put through an incredible amount of stress. (The wrasse with the net) He's much better today, those pics were with the bubbles (you can see them in the tank, that's what most of that crap was in the pictures)

OMG I love the mouthwash picture so much. How awesome.

Thanks, I liked that one too!

Oh yeah there's one when there were no bubbles. Look at the fourth picture on this page and you can see both of them virtually spotless. (It's the one of the trumpet)

noobofreefs

Alright since this has kind of been a strictly picture page I figured it's time to talk about the tank inhabitants.

On the fish side everything seems to be doing great. The goby is hanging more and more with the pistol. He even goes in the hole with him now. Well at least he tries to, but the hole isn't quite big enough so he just kind sticks his butt in. The shrimp is working on the hole though.

The wrasse is doing better and better. He's starting to come out now after that initial shock. He eats every time I feed but is still really shy when I come near the tank. His colors are also really starting to come out.

I kind of gave a little update on the clowns in the last post ;). But I did worry a little about ick but not really anymore. They stay together 24/7 and mostly have the roles figured out.

On the side of corals.

The acan, brain, rics, trumpet, hammer, and torch all seem to be thriving. Every time I look in the tank they all seem to be bigger. The torch is always more and more extended and the rics mouth's get HUGE when I feed. Everything seems to be coloring up nicely too. The hammer still seems to have ~3 new heads coming out. (If that's what they are, and it is from what I read in a few threads)

Now on the side of the zoas everything has not been going as well :(. The orange colony (fire & ice) seems to be slowly deteriorating, despite my constant dipping, and some of the other have been more closed lately. Although, I think some of this is just because my hermits love to crawl on them, it still makes me uncomfortable. I dipped a few of them and it seemed to help some but I have no clue what's wrong the the fire & ice. I tried furan 2 and iodine. I tried them together and that didn't work. :( The guy at LFS suggested that it could be viral and those are hard (if not impossible) to cure. I won't give up on them though.

On the skimmer it's actually working now! It's started to pull real skimmate and no more bubbles! (Well other than the bubbles I made from stuffing too much filter floss in there and slowing the flow today! :P)

Well yeah that's all for now,

NOR

noobofreefs
Gorgeous photos, NOR! Your tank is maturing very nicely. :)

Thanks Lalani. Hopefully I can get my tank to, maybe, look nearly as good as yours does someday!

Looks awesome NOR!

Thanks man! Jeez your on early. So where are your pictures? ;)

Oh yeah and I picked up a pretty big frogspawn. It's got 3-4 heads and takes up the entire bottom right rock. If it gets any bigger I'm definitely going to have to frag it!

And I also got a real nice pulsing xenia.

I'll post some pics some time or another :)

NOR

noobofreefs

Oh and the goby did something I had never seen him do today. I had been looking in the tank throughout the day and hadn't located him. I couldn't find him in any hole or anywhere. Then I dropped some pellets in for the fish and around 10 or so minutes later (He missed all the food! The fat clowns & wrasse ate it) he emerged from the shrimp hole! I had no clue he could fit in there! Hopefully he continues to be able to sleep in there but come out in the day.

NOR

Archived