Coral Vue Hydros

The noobofreef's Red Sea Max

noobofreefs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
noobofreefs

Thanks, StevieT!

Thanks for the hint, I fixed that. Hopefully it works better now.

noobofreefs

Alright so here's what's been going on with the tank...

First of all I got my fish and a small colony of tubs blues & a small open brain.

The parameters have all been perfectly fine. (Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate >5) This didn't prevent my clowns from picking up ick <_< probably due to lack of quarantine and well...going too fast. The goby has been doing good and the pistol shrimp has been coming out a little bit, in fact he came out all the way when I fed the coral & fish. Oddly enough my clowns have been eating great and acting healthy, and even more odd is the clown who mainly has ick (Not surprisingly the male, from the female annoying him) had a decent amount of his spots disappear. The female has lost nearly all of her's. (She had a small number yesterday but nearly none, if not all are gone today)

On a better note I finally installed my tunze skimmer and media rack. (Courtesy of StevieT. Thanks so much!) The skimmer has been pulling some really wet stuff so I've been adjusting it little by little to try and pull some darker colored things.

So that's all for now

NOR

Woops forgot some pics...

Clown yesterday, he's a little better today...

_MG_7677-1.jpg

_MG_7656-1.jpg

_MG_7705-1.jpg

Zoas & crab

_MG_7748-1.jpg

Brain:

_MG_7701-1.jpg

NOR

noobofreefs

Thanks, Lalani I do as well. I think I may see how they do w/o treatment and if it gets even the slightest bit worse they will be treated.

I forgot to add...when I fed some of the corals today everything ate happily. But the ones who really surprised me were the brain & ric. (Woah forgot to say that I picked up a ric as well. They were having a coral sale and 3+ were 20% off so...you know. ;) Anyways it's pretty cool. I'll post some pics of it later) So the ric's mouth got huge and sucked the food (cycopleez mixed with oyster eggs) right in. The brain covered up around the food and extended little finger like things. It ate all the food I gave it. (and it was enough to cover the entire "green" part of it) All of the coral is flourishing, it's just the fish I'm worried about.

NOR

Oh, and I meant to say that the mojano is no more. Joe's juice destructed it.

CarterNichols

Hey cameron,

dude i found a new store by us... it is called blue ribbon koi, it is on 29 they have awesome corals and they had a killer buy 2 corals get one free but you weren't on for me to tell you, you butthead.

i don't know how long the sale is for you might wanna check it out...

edit: sorry about your clowfish, hope it works itself out, nice pictures as always i am jealous.

noobofreefs

Thanks for the tip carter! Sorry like I've said things have been hectic around the house lately. Actually we went up to that place today (on your recommendation) and it was closed. I should've looked at the stores hours on the site. Oh well.

Onto the clowns...they look much better today! StevieT mentioned that he thought it may be from trying to host my torch (which I did see them try) and not having the mucus built up yet, which caused them to get stung and hurt, which results in healing white spots. We'll see how it goes, hopefully we don't get ich and hopefully the clownfish host my torch! That would be awesome! fingerscrossed

Pictures coming

NOR

CarterNichols

yeah it is awesome, def go the next time you can..

we need to meet up sometime at one of these places!

noobofreefs

Yeah man we definitely do!

Alright guys so here's some pics pf everything. The clown looks way better today. Phew, I thought I was going to have to deal with ich again! (FW)

Alright first here's the clowns:

0005__MG_6520.jpg

0006__MG_6525.jpg

0007__MG_6547.jpg

You can compare the spots good here:

0015__MG_7819-1.jpg

0016__MG_7829-1.jpg

0018__MG_7837-1.jpg

0045__MG_7944-1.jpg

0046__MG_7945-1.jpg

Probably my favorite:

0048__MG_7962-1.jpg

Goby:

0047__MG_7949-1.jpg

0008__MG_6551.jpg

0001__MG_7991-1.jpg

0003__MG_6504.jpg

noobofreefs

Zoas:

Here's what was sold to me as tubs (anyone wanna confirm/deny?):

rubs.jpg

tubs2.jpg

Green frag (Anyone wanna ID this one?):

greenfrag.jpg

Orange colony (ID too please):

orange.jpg

Ric:

0024__MG_7859-1.jpg

0023__MG_7857-1.jpg

Torch:

torch2.jpg

torch.jpg

torch3.jpg

Torch & Hammer:

torchhammar3.jpg

torchhammar.jpg

torchhammar2.jpg

noobofreefs

Here's some random crab shots (excuse the algae ;))

_MG_4197-1.jpg

0011__MG_7794-1.jpg

0009__MG_7783-1.jpg

0001__MG_8000-1.jpg

Some shots of StevieT's beautiful media tray:

0002__MG_6496.jpg

0001__MG_6493.jpg

And finally some nighttime shots:

Night.jpg

Nighttorch2.jpg

Nighttorch.jpg

Thanks for taking a look,

NOR

lilredneckman

Looks great! I am so angry at my tank, first i have zoa fungus, now i have the freekin pox!!!!!! I wish my tank looked as good as yours!

nice shots! love the ones of the media basket, look very very professional, much better than mine. I replied to a question about your surface film, hopefully that helps the problem, it is pretty common with the RSM, but when you find the sweet spot you will be good to go

CarterNichols

Nice pictures as always, i am jealous of your tank, as usual.. i just need to stop looking at you and stevie's threads.

hopefully the sweepers don't reach each other from the hammer and torch

noobofreefs
Looks great! I am so angry at my tank, first i have zoa fungus, now i have the freekin pox!!!!!! I wish my tank looked as good as yours!

Thanks! Your tank looks great still, just once you get rid of those problems I'm sure it will easily look way better than mine. I've been really lucky coral disease wise and have to hope it stays that way! fngerscrossed

nice shots! love the ones of the media basket, look very very professional, much better than mine. I replied to a question about your surface film, hopefully that helps the problem, it is pretty common with the RSM, but when you find the sweet spot you will be good to go

Thanks, Stevie. I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me and for the media basket.

On the surface film I think I got the water level right. Thanks to your mod with the mag float it was pretty easy to adjust it and now I have very little surface film. Plus I gave it a little extra surface agitation.

Nice pictures as always, i am jealous of your tank, as usual.. i just need to stop looking at you and stevie's threads.

hopefully the sweepers don't reach each other from the hammer and torch

Thanks, man. Your tank will look great...once you finally get it rolling! Maybe not so much mine but stevie's considering how much better his looks than mine ;).

Actually the corals aren't in their permanent spots. I need to get some epoxy but haven't had the chance to get to Home Depot. I just don't feel like paying the $15 at the LFS for something I could get for like $5. To tell you the truth the torch and hammer may actually end up a little closer together. Hopefully it'll be ok, but we'll see.

Thanks again,

NOR

yeah, screw buying that stuff at the LFS. Superglue gel and aquamend putty is all you need and it will work better.

pookstreet

Someone very close to you suggested that I check out your tank thread :) Great job on everything. Hope you like the new additions. I'll be sure to keep an eye on your progress.

You have some mad photography skills. Perhaps it runs in the family ;)

noobofreefs
Someone very close to you suggested that I check out your tank thread :) Great job on everything. Hope you like the new additions. I'll be sure to keep an eye on your progress.

You have some mad photography skills. Perhaps it runs in the family ;)

Thanks, a lot. B)

The frags came in today and they're looking good. Well the 3 or 5 Eagle Eyes that were open! They look really bright and I can't wait for them to open up. The other frag looks great but it's still all closed. Can't wait for them to open either!

We're supposed to get a few frags from stan as well, but he'll be shipping after the weekend.

I'll be sure to post pics of everything when they all open.

I also picked up a skunk cleaner when I went to the LFS to grab the sand sifters that my tank needed still. He's really cool and loves cleaning my hand.

In other news the clowns are still doing great. They seem to be in search of a host. One night they're by my mag float, then the powerhead, and soon hopefully the torch fingerscrossed.

I'll post a FTS once I finally get everything open and situated.

NOR

CarterNichols

i think we may have seen each other at marine scene, i wasn't positive so i didn't want to say anything, were you with your dad and little sister? around 4ish?

Here's what was sold to me as tubs (anyone wanna confirm/deny?):

rubs.jpg

Thanks for taking a look,

NOR

Those do not look like Tubs Blue ... check out my avatar for a comparison.

Unless mine is not Tubs Blue either ... lol ... I am pretty sure they are.

yeah, screw buying that stuff at the LFS. Superglue gel and aquamend putty is all you need and it will work better.

+1 on the super glue GEL ... I used that all the time and no losses so far ...

Archived