Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My RSM...

smarsh

So a green acro that I have nursing form brown to neon green again has been doing well, thanks to new T5s. It started RTN a few days ago. It didnt spread much at all but no chances were taken, So cutters, plugs Tech-D and glue.It has been growing so much I cant loose it and recovering so well.

3 frags...Notice the plug and stem in the back right of pic. It was such a nice piece, RTN sucks!

post-35600-1214703992_thumb.jpg

I also got a deal on a Poker Star Monti today at a LFS. Its the size of a golf ball for 40. Nice green and blues.

post-35600-1214704088_thumb.jpg

Pink Milli grew over the superglue I put last Thursday already!

post-35600-1214704160_thumb.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet, that mili grew really fast.

Yeah..I want to take a pic when I wake up..it is so fuzzy. Everything I get online seems to flourish well off FraggleReef.

More pics of the sweet pokerstar monti I got after fraging my acro last night. Pics do no justice...nice blue with neon green poylps.

post-35600-1214786818_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1214787252_thumb.jpg

Im in South Florida. I hear how expensive things are over there. I almost want to start selling corals. All my SPS were less then 40$ and my buddy just found a Pet Supermarket down here that sells ricordia for 3.99 each, yeah he bought like 20. There are wharehouses down in Miami that I used to go to when I serviced tanks and had a commercial license. Talk about cheap!

Can you tell me which Pet Supermarket in South Florida has saltwater items? I though the pet supemarket only sell freshwater stuff

There is one on Wiles Road in north Coral Springs. They dont have much, but what they have is cheap! Im noticing more and more Pet Supermarkets selling SW stuff. Also Pet Smart. I went to one on Boyton Beach that had a full line of Kent products for cheap too.

It has been a week since I put in StevieT's MR and my corals are showing a huge difference. Just a few pics of my sun polyp fully extended and candy canes with poylps out.

post-35600-1213539002_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1213539374_thumb.jpg

Sweet! You got a stevieT sticker rack, save that thing, it is going to be a collector item some day ;) .

Corals look great! nice sun polyp

There is one on Wiles Road in north Coral Springs. They dont have much, but what they have is cheap! Im noticing more and more Pet Supermarkets selling SW stuff. Also Pet Smart. I went to one on Boyton Beach that had a full line of Kent products for cheap too.

I also live in south florida. Love your tank, I just read the whole thread. You really have a nice set up there. Hey if by any chance you happen to be down in the Pembroke Pines area check out the LFS I go to. The owner is the only one that works there full time and is super dedicated to his clients. Not one complaint. He has great stuff all the time at some of the lowest prices I've seen around here. The Place is called Coral Kingdom its on Taft St. Again good job on the RSM makes me want to upgrade my BC8 to one in the near future.

I also live in south florida. Love your tank, I just read the whole thread. You really have a nice set up there. Hey if by any chance you happen to be down in the Pembroke Pines area check out the LFS I go to. The owner is the only one that works there full time and is super dedicated to his clients. Not one complaint. He has great stuff all the time at some of the lowest prices I've seen around here. The Place is called Coral Kingdom its on Taft St. Again good job on the RSM makes me want to upgrade my BC8 to one in the near future.

Thanks JediGobi. I have been there. I have been in the hobby for quite a while and even worked for a tank maintainance company for a couple years. Fish only mostly in Hotels and DX offices and really rich people who didnt even want to know what a hydrometer was. With my boss having a commercial license, we used to go to the unmarked distributor warehouses in Miami. Talk about cheap! I shoulda taken advantage of that. I really like coral kingdom, unfortunately my tank is over stocked. I had gotten the SPS bug a couple moths ago and gave a friend most of my mushrooms, 6 gsp frags and countless other things just to make room. I shouldnt of gotten my new Montipora Saturday but I couldnt resist the price, plus the green of the polyps is the most vibriant I have ever seen. So my goal is to stay out of LFS and off online sites, I bought 15 frags off Fraggle Reef in 3 weeks. Im done! This stuff is worse then crack. thanks for the kind words and for reading my thread. Im gonna check out yours right now.

Thanks JediGobi. I have been there. I have been in the hobby for quite a while and even worked for a tank maintainance company for a couple years. Fish only mostly in Hotels and DX offices and really rich people who didnt even want to know what a hydrometer was. With my boss having a commercial license, we used to go to the unmarked distributor warehouses in Miami. Talk about cheap! I shoulda taken advantage of that. I really like coral kingdom, unfortunately my tank is over stocked. I had gotten the SPS bug a couple moths ago and gave a friend most of my mushrooms, 6 gsp frags and countless other things just to make room. I shouldnt of gotten my new Montipora Saturday but I couldnt resist the price, plus the green of the polyps is the most vibriant I have ever seen. So my goal is to stay out of LFS and off online sites, I bought 15 frags off Fraggle Reef in 3 weeks. Im done! This stuff is worse then crack. thanks for the kind words and for reading my thread. Im gonna check out yours right now.

You're right it is extremely addicting. I think within the next few months I will be buying a RSM. As I have a relative interested in the hobby and would like to start somewhere small, so I think that my BC8 would be the best move for her and give me reason to step up to something like the RSM. Keep up the great tank, I will be following your thread as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from Jamaica on my honeymoon yesterday. Wow it is nice there. Updated pics soon of new SPS growth while I was gone, Orange digi, pink milli and all caps Idaho and Green/blue, no filter floss for 1 week, Nitrates were 10 when I got home.. Thanks StevieT for the ATO last minute.. Oh, Jamaica has shallow water and every shell has a blue leg hermit crab in it, Micro scopic shells too its crazy! I saw groups of 100's, everywhere in 5" of water! $$$$$$$$ I wish. Pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm about at the six month mark I was looking at old pics to see how things changed in my tank over this time. Enjoy the then and now pics.

Zoa rock with pavona on it:

FEB 2008 post-35600-1218159299_thumb.jpg post-35600-1218159962_thumb.jpg

Zoa frags

post-35600-1218160193_thumb.jpg post-35600-1218160257_thumb.jpg

FTS

post-35600-1218160330_thumb.jpg post-35600-1218160371_thumb.jpg

Somewhere in the middle of all this I had many softies which have been given away for SPS room. Much more work but so addicting.

post-35600-1218160848_thumb.jpg

snake plissken

nice growth! I love the before and after pix. It really helps you (the owner) realize how far the tank has come. and it give us (the observers) a chance to appreciate the progress being made in a tank we are not neccessarily familair with.

check out my build thread (link below in my sig) i did over a years worth of pix in one post.

i love my RSM...how bout you? any regrets?

nice growth! I love the before and after pix. It really helps you (the owner) realize how far the tank has come. and it give us (the observers) a chance to appreciate the progress being made in a tank we are not neccessarily familair with.

check out my build thread (link below in my sig) i did over a years worth of pix in one post.

i love my RSM...how bout you? any regrets?

Thanks Snake, It seems like so much longer then six months. So many water changes, lol. I like what you did on your thread, the FTS timeline.

So I was at the LFS and I really should stay out of this one. They have SPS priced so cheap. They all start at at least $25-$40, but some are 30 branch acroporas larger then a baseball for 40 still? So every time I go in there it is hard to leave without picking up a frag. I only have room for 1 more nice piece. My frags are all spread out with room to grow. Tonight I saw a large pink miliopora for cheap, really neat growth shape. Acclimating it now. Pics soon

Restacked my top layer of rock last night, This was really hard to do with all the SPS glued to it. So I had to remove some stuff and reglue it. New setup is nice and does not look as crowded, I will post new pics tonight.

FTS. Made some room for more suff.

post-35600-1218846372_thumb.jpg

New mili has had excellent polyp extention so far.

post-35600-1218846513_thumb.jpg

First mili frag spreading nicely.

post-35600-1218846627_thumb.jpg

Still want to try some acros but only have had luck with one Blue Hoeksemai frag. Maybe a Bali Slimer? Payday next Friday.....This stuff is so addicting!!!

• 2 weeks later...
FTS. Made some room for more suff.

post-35600-1218846372_thumb.jpg

New mili has had excellent polyp extention so far.

post-35600-1218846513_thumb.jpg

First mili frag spreading nicely.

post-35600-1218846627_thumb.jpg

Still want to try some acros but only have had luck with one Blue Hoeksemai frag. Maybe a Bali Slimer? Payday next Friday.....This stuff is so addicting!!!

Good looking stuff. I like all of the SPS. There was someone that started a thread yesterday saying they were told they can't have SPS in an RSM. Malarkey I say! (WTF in Malarkey anyway?)

I cant wait. Sunpod 150w 14k gets here Wednesday. It is the 24" model with 6 blue led and 6 white led.

I cant wait to see my coral pop under this new light. Acclimation first of course!

New Pearlberry ORA acro. Pics dont show the rainbow of this piece. Really pops under RSM lighting.

post-35600-1220225078_thumb.jpg

Since I fragged that huge pink mille I got this month. The frags I kept are showing growth already.

Also Wednesday Im gettin a box from Fraggle reef,

Im getting:

Reverse pokerstar monti

Rainbow monti

Cloverfield monti

Blue digi

Large polyp green birds nest

SPS I currently have, some for over 3 months:

Orange Digi

Green Digi

Purple monti cap

Green monti cap

Green mille

Blue mille

White unknown mille

6 Pink mille, orignal frag 1, 5 new from big colony that got fragged up.

Green slimer

Pearl berry acro

post-35600-1220225840_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1220225879_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1220226047_thumb.jpg

Since I fragged that huge pink mille I got this month. The frags I kept are showing growth already.

Sun Polyps hungry this morning.

post-35600-1220225355_thumb.jpg

Alot of my softies are in my old 90gal up at my buddys house. We Have it filled with eggcrate and frags are growing, Shrooms, zoas and GSP from my original colony on this thread, at least 9 20+polyp GS frags, plus original mother colony in the 90. Will update soon on this project. DIfferent thread of course.

Sunpod is here! Things look so much nicer now. The polyps on my purple monti cap are glowing! I wont get to see the full effect until everything gets used to this light. I have eggcrate and layered patio screen as the filter. I will remove one layer a week. The best part is my tank has dropped 2 degrees in the past 2 hours, this means my ATO will need to be filled often. Also today came a box from Fraggle Reef. 4 nice montis and a birdsnest.

post-35600-1220487472_thumb.jpg post-35600-1220487514_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1220487542_thumb.jpg

Nice looking tank you got there!!!!! Enjoying the new Sunpod? :D

-David

Thanks David! I am really enjoying the Sunpod. I cant wait to expose the tank to full light. I still have patio screen and eggcrate on the top. My zoas finally dont look grumpy and they are starting to morph. Browns are turning neon green and greens are turning bright yellow. It is really exciting!

Archived