Pod Your Reef

My RSM...

smarsh

Thanks Diane....Im getting some more ricordias in the mail today. Once they are glued I will take more pics. Notice in the pic you like the button polyps are not open all the way. This is one of the 'dying' pieces that I got from my LFS. I love saving corals. Their whole system has red slime and it is killing everything they have. Thousands in hard corals alone. Such a shame!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, you finally are going to listen!!! Imagine a nice quiet spot in your house, got it, now imagine hearing that while looking at your tank!

The tunze is on sale, I got them to notice the mistake and lower the price!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1598037

they have link there to the site, it is going to be the best price you will see for a new one, Tunze has a lock on their pricing.

haha, you finally are going to listen!!! Imagine a nice quiet spot in your house, got it, now imagine hearing that while looking at your tank!

The tunze is on sale, I got them to notice the mistake and lower the price!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1598037

they have link there to the site, it is going to be the best price you will see for a new one, Tunze has a lock on their pricing.

ahhhh mannnn!!!! StevieT you owe me $20.00!!! :P Great job getting them to drop the price. Can you get them to speak to Pinky so it will be standard equipment on the RSM? Lol.

no kidding! They really need to dump their skimmer fast, it would be embarising if I was with their company. No worries, I paid full price as well, still the best $150 I spent on the tank.

Sunday Sunday Sunday come one come all to The chicago Super store.

StevieT will be making his media basket for the wonderful, visual stunning, box of salt water

sunday sunday sunday sunday!

so hopefully sunday if there is no rain Saturday (playing in a softball tourney)

Gotta have your priorities straight when it comes to softball! I crammed an Oceans Motions wave maker into my RSM last night. I hope to get some pics up this weeked. Works really well.

I checked it this morning and everything is running well. I got the Oceans Motions 2 way squirt and with some creative plumbing it actually sits in the last chamber where the powerheads normally reside. It's totally silent. I will post some pics this weekend. My camera died last night during the assembly :( . I got a kick out of your ode to StevieT thread. I have to say you are the most dedicated individual to this forum! Great job!

I know the feeling about the camera! I would be heart broke if mine every went out, and I went through 3 last year!

I was really struck by that thread, it means a lot to me, very nice to see! B)

The RSM skimmer was working great for me...then like you said, it started with the microbubble thing again. I will definitely be asking you some questions on the mounting of it. Thanks Again!

Just got a couple new things in the mail. I decided to build up the middle of my stack and my GSP loves it! Hard to beleive in under 3 months 5 frags were taken from it. It quickly manages to look untouced.

From LFS 2/12/2008

post-35600-1208483583_thumb.jpg

Now minus '5' 15+polyp frags 4/17

post-35600-1208483779_thumb.jpg

New Scape..

post-35600-1208483894_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice & colorful!

Thanks Diane....Im getting some more ricordias in the mail today. Once they are glued I will take more pics. Notice in the pic you like the button polyps are not open all the way. This is one of the 'dying' pieces that I got from my LFS. I love saving corals. Their whole system has red slime and it is killing everything they have. Thousands in hard corals alone. Such a shame!

I would find that most rewarding as well. Truly a shame that an LFS would let things get in that condition! They should pay YOU for the rescuing.

--Diane

StevieT hope they appreciate you and send you at least a backup one for the future. The need to give U comission.....SOMETHING. You sell the skimmer for them on Nano to RSM owners. Thanks again for everything!

Steve ;):D

9002 seems to be the exact same price as what I paid... i don't see much of a deal

+1, lower that and you will sell hundreds here. All the Red Sea Max people are putting them in

I said.....on their thread..

"Yeah I just ordered the TUNZE 9002...StevieT praises that skimmer on here for RSM owners. He is awesome!"

No...just a new one for future. Then when they see the sales...10 %..LOL Thanks again...Oh does the Tunze have any micro bubble problems?

no not really. All skimmers will produce a small amount, just a side effect of skimming. The tank causes most of the micobubbles, i still have a few, only noticable close up to the tank. Turned the skimmer off to test and they still were there. Maybe the pumps? Either way they don't bother me as much as the skimmer bubbles did. use your old skimmer pump for water changes, it works like a champ there!

I really like that kind of GSP. I had some like it in my old tank, when I transfred it over it didn't do too hot. I still have a small bit left but it never grows..

yours is very nice

Consider one frag yours free. Your help deserves it. Im fragging more off the main colony tomorrow and what size rubble rock and shape u want me to glue it to?

So I added more branch rock to build up the leftside and got 3 awesome deals at 2 LFS yeasterday on corals. I got a zoa colony for 20 and there is a hitchiker in the center, some kind of mushroom? I got a yellow and green yuma for 24 on a nice rock and the sales person threw loose mushrooms, green and purple. The next is the best, the LFS had large green zoas for $4 a polyp, sales person told us that their blue and green rics were the green zoas? Oh well!.......I'll take 5 Bobby said, I took 3....what a dumb staff! My score.....

Unknown middle polyp?

post-35600-1208706107_thumb.jpg

Yuma, shrooms, rics.....

post-35600-1208706253_thumb.jpg

Tunze 9002 is in! It just fits too....Thanks for your help on your thread StevieT! I will post pics of media chamber soon. Ahhhh the sound of silence!

post-35600-1209002757_thumb.jpg

Archived