SaltCritters.com

My RSM...

smarsh

So no later then 24hrs.....Skimmate already. I guess when you have your skimmer off for 10 days...your tank misses it...lol. The Tunze 9002 is awesome! Still small microbubble problem, but the tank looks healthier by the minute. I built a media chamber out of 3" pvc storm drain and egg crating. 2 levels. Fine media, coarse media sponge, chemi pure and phoszorb. I had to move some corals today because the were touching when I got home. RSM is the S**T!

post-35600-1209079694_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1209079830_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1209080444_thumb.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to rearrange my ric garden due to my huge emerald crab knocking them over.

post-35600-1209427024_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the BLURRY pic. Still no macro lense. Ricordea baby!

post-35600-1209427321_thumb.jpg

GSP needs another trimming or two.

post-35600-1209427357_thumb.jpg

So I added more branch rock to build up the leftside and got 3 awesome deals at 2 LFS yeasterday on corals. I got a zoa colony for 20 and there is a hitchiker in the center, some kind of mushroom? I got a yellow and green yuma for 24 on a nice rock and the sales person threw loose mushrooms, green and purple. The next is the best, the LFS had large green zoas for $4 a polyp, sales person told us that their blue and green rics were the green zoas? Oh well!.......I'll take 5 Bobby said, I took 3....what a dumb staff! My score.....

Unknown middle polyp?

post-35600-1208706107_thumb.jpg

Yuma, shrooms, rics.....

post-35600-1208706253_thumb.jpg

New Scape......

Nice aquascape ...

Thanks...It should be here next couple days..Media basket here I come....did U check out my latest GSP pics?

Steve's Media Rack rocks ... because of that ... I have to upgrade to the Tunze 9002 too ... I will soon have a better RSM ... :) Now only if we can figure out how to mod the daytime/nightime ...

Thanks bluesky...Yeah after a week my Tunze has made a serious difference. I took some pics of my corals loving their new water.

post-35600-1209516775_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1209516823_thumb.jpg

Better ric baby pic.

post-35600-1209516903_thumb.jpg

post-35600-1209516986_thumb.jpg

I just to say it again ... I really like your aquascape ...

question on the Tunze ... will you be able to fully open the hood with the Tunze 9002 in there? looks like the collection cup could be in the way in one of your pics on the second page ... but I really cannot tell for sure.

It just fits. Any tighter and the collection cup will crack. It is that tight in there. The hood closes fine. You will see when you get it. There is a spot in the middle of the back. That is the only place I could get the cup to fit. It was too wide for anywhere else.

Hey samrsh. I just got in my tunze skimmer today. How did you mount yours. Did you do the same thing as Steve T or did you use the heater chamber glass to attach it with the magnet

I bought the magnet mount made for TUNZE powerheads. Is was a 35$ magnet that I superglued to the side of the skimmer and secured it to the back of the tank. It is placed in the center of the back. Mounting it by the heater chamber may not allow you to adjust the water level properly. Notice the water line on the side of the tunze skimmer. Plus I had a hard time getting the collection cup to fit. The mounting is simular to StevieT's only I purchased the magnet to mount it, StevieT is much mor handy with creating things.

Ok got cha. I have got mine secured to the glass behind the power srip. I cut down the piece of plastic on the underside of the hood to get a little more height for the skimmer to sit. It probably gave me an extra inch. I am thinking of grinding a bit off the lip of the cup also. It has way more platic there than is needed. Might be able to get another inch of clearance from that.

So I go my first hard coral in my tank. I could not resist a sun polyp opening in the store, lights on. 34 bucks, I got it last Thursday. The polyps would show signs when the lights were on over the past few days. Tonight some were open to feed. Excited? Yes!

post-35600-1210210952_thumb.jpg

TUNZE? Working awesome!

post-35600-1210211027_thumb.jpg

Hope your zoa colonies dont get zoa pox. I have my first colony get it and been treating with furan2, They are coming along soaking for 35 min 3 days and 4 day breaks. Sorry about the playboy books in the pic, they are my fiance's under the glass table, lol. She is GREAT, 2.5 months until wedding!

post-35600-1210211122_thumb.jpg

So I go my first hard coral in my tank. I could not resist a sun polyp opening in the store, lights on. 34 bucks, I got it last Thursday. The polyps would show signs when the lights were on over the past few days. Tonight some were open to feed. Excited? Yes!

TUNZE? Working awesome!

post-35600-1210211027_thumb.jpg

Hope your zoa colonies dont get zoa pox. I have my first colony get it and been treating with furan2, They are coming along soaking for 35 min 3 days and 4 day breaks. Sorry about the playboy books in the pic, they are my fiance's under the glass table, lol. She is GREAT, 2.5 months until wedding!

sun polyp looks good dude

$34 for that may sun polyps? that's a deal!!!

$34 for that may sun polyps? that's a deal!!!

They had bigger for the same price. limited space, I chose this one. The polyps opened even more tonight at feeding time. corals are cheap in south florida. Big LFS selection.

They had bigger for the same price. limited space, I chose this one. The polyps opened even more tonight at feeding time. corals are cheap in south florida. Big LFS selection.

Lucky you. I am in Northern California ... corals are expensive and LFS keep raising the prices ...

How come your furan-2 is green? I thought the one I bought last year was yellow. Is this the power version?

I use one cap per cup of water. the powder is yellow until it mixes, then turns green. It dyes the zoas green for a couple days. It works though. Brand is Aquarium Pharm.

So last night me and Bobby went to one of the LFS that has awesome prices. I got a green Acro that is 2" and a Yuma rock that has 7 yumas the biggest is 4".

The Acro is so healthy that it has completely covered the frag plug with polyps.

post-35600-1210437203_thumb.jpg

The Yumas are insainely colored, Green, Pinks, Purples. Pictures do no justice.

post-35600-1210437163_thumb.jpg

very nice yumas smarsh ... I am trying to get one myself ... a pink one :)

I heard yumas do not like that much light ... are you putting it close to some shades?

Yes, Its is in a shaded area, I pulled it out to get pics of it. Yumas are awesome, very expensive though, I got a deal on this one which has 7 polyps on it. Under 40$. The big polyp is huge, 4", and it is stretching its base in 3 spots to make new ones. Seems like it did this once before I bought it because there are 5 dime sized babies around its base. Same LFS that I get all the good deals from. My new Acropora is so healthy and feeds all day and night, the polyps are constanly grabbing plankton, I upped my doses of plankton since I added much more livestock over the past 2 weeks. I also built a small frag shelf out of egg crate and magnets for all my GSP frags.....pics tonight.

Archived